Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

2 hours ago, ecslady said:

VT - Can you post a close up pic of the amenities in the cabin (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc)?  And what brand are they using on this ship?  

THanks for all the great pictures.

Great question! It hadn’t occurred to me that the toiletries might be different. Vt, could you also tell us if the toiletries are likely to trigger allergies (scented, light scent, or unscented)? The ones in use in non-suites on the other ships are fine for me, but if Edge’s are highly scented, I’ll need to pack my own for our April TA.

2 hours ago, nednrom said:

Thank you so much - this info is very informative VT.  Question about the cabanas:  Can you actually rent half of a cabana or is that especially done for these TA/promotional cruises?  I might be interested if it's half the price and quiet place.  

No it will be available for all, I assume. Mine is rented for the Dec 1 regular cruise.

These are in the concierge shower:

image.thumb.jpg.5869d9913a5e83cd25c72eba03781f3a.jpg

This is the lotion and ingredients:

image.thumb.jpg.83735ba0cb2ae9630f9032d1d6278433.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.52d5c626c4df7cb576626945b8f3e9ea.jpg

Here is is the shower head. Wonderful - has 4 settings and is removable. The shower is huge! Secret: if you leave the Bathroom door open you will see a bit of ocean from your shower. Just hope those window washers don’t go by! :classic_blush:

Here is the control. It works perfectly from my phone and I can use my phone as a key!! I haven’t done the virtual tour . Will try later. Got to go hear Lisa and Richard talk!😀

7F63BF30-5BB9-46FE-BB85-5D9D8C4CC708.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

To add to Host Anne's comments.  When replying/quoting post, could everyone try not to re-post the photos that have already been shown.  Just backspace them to delete off of your reply.  It gets annoying having to scan through the same photos over and over again. Makes the thread longer than it needs to be and harder to read new post. :classic_wacko:

VT - I am thrilled with your review and so glad that you are having a great time!

I have a couple of measuring request for the IV.  Could you please measure the height and width of the largest cubby next to the bed.  And also the H/W/L of one of the corner shelves in the bathroom.  Wanting to see if my collapsible cubbie's will fit in those spaces.  Thanks so much!

Also, when you get time, could you please post some more photos of the stateroom and bathroom.  Maybe a shot further out for the bathroom.  Hard to get an idea of the size (supposedly larger than the Solstice class, which I do not see) with the close-ups that you showed before.  Thank you so much! 😉

22 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

To add to Host Anne's comments.  When replying/quoting post, could everyone try not to re-post the photos that have already been shown.  Just backspace them to delete off of your reply.  It gets annoying having to scan through the same photos over and over again. Makes the thread longer than it needs to be and harder to read new post. :classic_wacko:

VT - I am thrilled with your review and so glad that you are having a great time!

I have a couple of measuring request for the IV.  Could you please measure the height and width of the largest cubby next to the bed.  And also the H/W/L of one of the corner shelves in the bathroom.  Wanting to see if my collapsible cubbie's will fit in those spaces.  Thanks so much!

Also, when you get time, could you please post some more photos of the stateroom and bathroom.  Maybe a shot further out for the bathroom.  Hard to get an idea of the size (supposedly larger than the Solstice class, which I do not see) with the close-ups that you showed before.  Thank you so much! 😉

No worries! I’m measuring more things this afternoon.

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

------------------------------------------------------------☺️

😀

A few things:

My DH loves the pool!! He swam laps and said it was delightful. Best on a cruise ship!

The IV control panel tripped be up already. I woke up at 1 am too hot so went to turn the temp down and hit the wrong button. The shade went up (makes a noise) and every light came on ( I hit the “morning” button). Then I started punching buttons to stop the shade and turn off the lights. My DH slept through the whole thing! Pretty funny!

--------------------------------------------

😀

LOL, the visuals on that movie...

Glad you got it worked out...

bon voyage

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Host Anne said:

Good morning, everyone ~ I know everyone is super excited to see photos of Edge but PLEASE DO NOT copy and post photos from other websites as copyright laws protect those photos posted elsewhere on the internet.  Posting a link to other photos is fine but copying and pasting is not.  

Unless you have actually taken the photos and own them, please do not post them here as we will remove them.

THANKS for your cooperation....back to celebrating Edge's arrival!

So sorry, I am guilty.... thanks for the info.

Just now, kearney said:

So sorry, I am guilty.... thanks for the info.

No worries, Kearney ~ most people aren't familiar with copyright rules and laws.  That's why I posted the reminder.  Keep on enjoying and do share links if you'd like! 

3 minutes ago, ecslady said:

VT - Have you tried the shampoo, body wash, etc.?  How are they?  Is the smell strong?

I’m a Moroccan Oil person so brought my own. I tried the lotion and smell is mild - hands feel nice. Bathroom soap is mild. The Hilton Marina had Evelyn and Crabtree so I was spoiled - very nice stuff.

• Thanks 1

On 11/25/2018 at 9:55 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Ship 'size' isn't based on length or width, but on 'tonnage' [which is actually a measure of the volume of all of a ship's enclosed spaces].  Here are the tonnage specs for these ships:

Infinity          90,940

Edge           129,500

Reflection  125,366

What's good is that Edge is larger than Reflection but has fewer passengers.  Thus the space per passenger is 44.4 for Edge vs. 41.2 for Reflection.  Edge has the best ratio of any Celebrity ship, and Reflection the worst [except the Galapagos ships]

Since Harmony is there as well- her stats:

Tonnage 227,000

Length 1188

Beam 217

Capacity 5479 plus crew

They are all baby ships compared to Harmony!

On 11/25/2018 at 11:35 AM, vtcruising said:

OMG! I have so many pictures to post but had to get this one out!!! My new BFF!!!! I hugged her and took a selfie too. Off to Eden and RTF and lunch. Got a tour of all upper suites by an old butler of ours. I’ve got a ton of pix of those too. 

98678450-8695-40D7-918D-078274E04BEC.jpeg

She really owes you a drink!

49 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Oh dear now I will have to go back to have another and ask. 😀

I know it is a difficult task but I appreciate your sacrifice! LOL

I just want to say that your excitement really comes through your posts!   

• Like 1

VTCruiser - on a number of threads, there have been more than a few comments made by posters looking just at photos and saying how uncomforetable the lounges, chairs, sofas, etc are. I always get a kick out of such strong opinons. You may have already commented on this and I missed it, but can you give us your opinon based on actually sitting, and laying on a lounge if X put uncomfortable seats on the Edge because they look nice but are unusable please. 

Den

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Great question! It hadn’t occurred to me that the toiletries might be different. Vt, could you also tell us if the toiletries are likely to trigger allergies (scented, light scent, or unscented)? The ones in use in non-suites on the other ships are fine for me, but if Edge’s are highly scented, I’ll need to pack my own for our April TA.

I use CO bigelow light  lavender scent...love it...no allergic reaction but everyone is diff...you can bring your own if u are concerned!

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Just saw MC go up from 2 to 5. I’ll try to upload video. It makes one medium buzz the whole time and a clangs here and there and had one loud bang. Just took 3 min.

B4A5E963-CFBA-4F2D-86BB-0446EAD56DAE.MOV

That's a very whiney mechanical sound..That was from your cabin...window closed, I presume?

`

Just now, hcat said:

I use CO bigelow light  lavender scent...love it...no allergic reaction but everyone is diff...you can bring your own if u are concerned!

Thanks for the helpful info. Many scented products make me sneeze...a lot. Yes, I know I can pack my own, but don’t want the extra weight unless it’s necessary.