Cyber Monday Vs. Black Friday

2 hours ago, love2gocruzin said:

So where my Black Friday says it ends in 3 hours, will these be offered for Cyber Monday?

I just bought everything now just to be safe.... if the price goes down on Monday, I'll cancel and repurchase.  If it's the same price, I'm already done.  And if the price goes up, I come out ahead.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, love2gocruzin said:

So where my Black Friday says it ends in 3 hours, will these be offered for Cyber Monday?

Apparently.  I wondered why it kept sounding like a 1 day sale.  The sale started Thursday and goes thru Monday

• Like 1

I just looked at the Cyber Monday Sale Preview for our January cruise.  The prices for the deluxe package are the same as they have been for months.  On the other side of the coin, we saved $3/day on our refreshment packages for Black Friday.  As others have often stated, check your reservations as each cruise appears to have their own pricing.

Every time time a "new" sale starts, the pattern is at the end of it, it will be "extended" at least once. The difference with Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales is that they have new names to give it, instead of it just being the previous name "extended".

Now, there are new things that aren't often on sale or on sale for as much as they are right now (the Refreshment Package at 40% off, or a 25% (aka BOGO@50%) on Ultimate Dining Packages, but there's also old things offered at the same sale prices they have been and often are offered at, or things higher than they have been before or may be again. But that's by any definition still a sale.

Royal Caribbean doesn't have the classic stock a typical retail store has, and putting things on sale doesn't really often attract new buyers as more savvy folks can reprice what they previously bought (at least in markets that don't disallow that). So if any time they offer a better price, everyone who previously purchased it gets the same lower price, it isn't hard to see why they would avoid anything but very consistent pricing patterns. As it is, you see people who've been through some better sales in the past over certain holidays "expect" them to happen again. Well, Royal sort of created the problem, in a way, too, as do many retailers who always have some sort of "sale" going on. But retailers generally have the benefit of merchandise that really can be unique, time sensitive, or an impulse purchase, and once it's taken out of the door they also don't usually have to worry about refunding money to people if they offer the same item at a lower price at some point.

1 hour ago, cruisefan0110 said:

I just looked at the Cyber Monday Sale Preview for our January cruise.  The prices for the deluxe package are the same as they have been for months.  On the other side of the coin, we saved $3/day on our refreshment packages for Black Friday.  As others have often stated, check your reservations as each cruise appears to have their own pricing.

Same here.  But all in all, neither the Black Friday of Cyber Monday (preview) deals were all that great.

2 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

I checked the Shore Excursions Brochure that I thought was the onboard pricing.  I only found one 'cyber sale' where the price was lower.

Really? I found a few discounts on shore excursions (Harmony, Mar 10, 2019). 

1 minute ago, Tracy Po said:

Really? I found a few discounts on shore excursions (Harmony, Mar 10, 2019). 

Great news.  Our cruise on Serenade there was only one actual discount from the Shore Excursions Brochure.  This after RCI claimed to have 10-15% discounts.  More fake sales.

7 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Our big savings for the weekend was UDP and 2 excursions... saved a little over $200.  Also, got a pretty good deal on our 2020 Oasis cruise

The question is, how do you know you got an actual discount on the shore excursions?

I don't check very often - but I swear everytime I look the prices are the exact same - doesn't matter what the wording is - the deluxe drink package is $47, refreshment is $17 and soda is 9.99 (why can't they just say 10?)   Wish they would actually lower the refreshment or soda package - but I dont see it happening.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

The question is, how do you know you got an actual discount on the shore excursions?

Just from checking prices over the past year. That’s why I can only say a few on my sailing are discounted; it’s possible (though not likely) that every one is on sale, but because I only checked on some of them, those are the ones I know are less expensive than usual.

8 hours ago, wgeo said:

I don't check very often - but I swear everytime I look the prices are the exact same - doesn't matter what the wording is - the deluxe drink package is $47, refreshment is $17 and soda is 9.99 (why can't they just say 10?)   Wish they would actually lower the refreshment or soda package - but I dont see it happening.

Agree, as Bob and others also say, that it's best to look further than the 'sales' wording and compare the actual pricing. Not having sailed Royal for a couple of years, I must say that it was something of a culture shock to find that the per day beverage packages varied in price from ship to ship and even from cruise to cruise on the same ship!  As I see it, it's a bit like a Dutch auction where the price starts at a certain price point and it's up to the bidder to jump in when the price  falls to a price he or she is willing to pay. 

As a side note, the current refreshment package sale price for my 2019 cruise has actually fallen to $17, it had been $26 for at least a month before hand.

The drink package is definitely higher this year than it was last year...may have something to do with the onboard price being raised. I know that RCI's sales are usually fake, but this is usually the one time that they decrease the drink package to where you feel good about buying it. smh.

7 minutes ago, accio_7 said:

Looking to prepurchase the Soda plus Voom currently on sale in the Cruise Planner for $24.89 Canadian/day ($18.84 USD/day). Is this a good price?

Not bad, but really does not matter if you are committed to purchasing.  Once you buy, if you see a lower price, just cancel and re-order.