Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
ImANewfie

New Family Harbour Balconys on Horizon Deck 2

Recommended Posts

Carnival has added new balconys on deck 2 of the Horizon, in family harbour area.  They are aft extended balconys ( these are not on Vista)

 

I am lucky enough i suppose, to have them booked for a B2B in January 2019

 

Question, if you look at the deck plans, the balcony for rooms 2497 and 2482 are HUGE  which happen to be both rooms we have  2497 first week and 2482 second week... same room not available for both ( wonder if i could find the person who has either booked and say would you like to switch up for the exact mirror room so we dont have to change? haha)

 

anyway.. my question, on the deck plans both these balconys show something, not sure what, almost like a staircase ///////

 

anyone know what this actually is, here is link to deck plan    https://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-horizon.aspx#deck-plans  

 

thanks in advance

family.JPG

Edited by ImANewfie
insert image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at video of Horizon Cabin 2497 when it shows balcony (starting about 1:54) no steps seen so JMO that marking must indicate some kind of ship structure (like strut from top to bottom)? Hope actual balcony looks as huge as you were expecting. Lovely cabin, have fun :classic_biggrin:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just booked aft family harbor rooms 2480 and the big one 2482.. can you update this with your review of the rooms and some info on how your time was on the horizon??

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, poblead said:

I just booked aft family harbor rooms 2480 and the big one 2482.. can you update this with your review of the rooms and some info on how your time was on the horizon??

Thanks!

 

Im booked on the Panorama in aft family harbor 2482 for 2/2020. The layouts seem to be the same here on both the ships, cant wait to get on board and see it in person!

 

I came across this walkthrough of the room on youtube.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had 2497 last June, loved the room arrangement, and the balcony was great! Amazing views at sea, and loved listening to the wake. Having he couch in that nook made for a great space for our LO to bunk down. We brought the magnet hooks and a heavy black shower curtain, blacked the space out for his bedtime, while we had the rest of the room and balcony. Worked out well. Only issue we had with the location was some cavitation from the propellor underneath. Didn’t bother me much, nice rocking to sleep. It did bother my wife though, a bit more sway than she would prefer. Loved the family harbor lounge and amenities, free night owls babysitting one night, free kids meals at the pay restaurants. Would love to sail on Horizon again, 8 days were far from enough to experience even half of what the ship offers! Probably would choose a family harbor cove next time though, perhaps avoid the cavitation issues...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, d-train said:

We had 2497 last June, loved the room arrangement, and the balcony was great! Amazing views at sea, and loved listening to the wake. Having he couch in that nook made for a great space for our LO to bunk down. We brought the magnet hooks and a heavy black shower curtain, blacked the space out for his bedtime, while we had the rest of the room and balcony. Worked out well. Only issue we had with the location was some cavitation from the propellor underneath. Didn’t bother me much, nice rocking to sleep. It did bother my wife though, a bit more sway than she would prefer. Loved the family harbor lounge and amenities, free night owls babysitting one night, free kids meals at the pay restaurants. Would love to sail on Horizon again, 8 days were far from enough to experience even half of what the ship offers! Probably would choose a family harbor cove next time though, perhaps avoid the cavitation issues...

 

Good to hear about the nook! I was thinking about doing that with the magnetic hooks and curtain but wasn't sure if it would work or not. My little one sleeps best in a blacked out area!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JustLikeHeave80 said:

 

Good to hear about the nook! I was thinking about doing that with the magnetic hooks and curtain but wasn't sure if it would work or not. My little one sleeps best in a blacked out area!

 

Here are a couple pics of the nook the couch is in. Worked out very nicely!

 

If we were cruising without our LO, I would think it is a very off place for the couch, and would probably not be used much except to toss things on. You can see in one pic, the tv is not even close to being in the sight lines sitting there...lol!

C034188F-C088-4117-AC6A-DF39092AE476.jpeg

A5A738AC-E1BE-4FAD-8890-DDEBA5F91EF5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, d-train said:

 

Here are a couple pics of the nook the couch is in. Worked out very nicely!

 

If we were cruising without our LO, I would think it is a very off place for the couch, and would probably not be used much except to toss things on. You can see in one pic, the tv is not even close to being in the sight lines sitting there...lol!

C034188F-C088-4117-AC6A-DF39092AE476.jpeg

A5A738AC-E1BE-4FAD-8890-DDEBA5F91EF5.jpeg

 

Oh awesome, thanks for the pics! I've been so curious as to what the set-up actually looks like.

Yeah I cant see myself booking this room if I was doing a kid less cruise though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...