Far into the future cruise deposit

dee2673

This may have been answered but I can't figure out how to search this forum now. We are cruising in about 3 weeks and want to put down a future cruise deposit for a cruise we'd take in 2020 to New England. It would be up to us to pay attention, so to speak, to when those schudules are relseased, correct? No way to have a PCC alert us when it comes out? And, is there any advantage to an FCD ,other than the $200 deposit ? Thanks for any answers, espcially if this has been done to death. Wish they'd bring back the searchg the forum function

I spoke about booking cruises far in advance with my HAL PCC this week and learned that you can book a cruise with just a guess on the ship, month, and itinerary with a FCD.  You will be contacted before the itinerary is available to the public or TA's for your stateroom choice and confirmation of price. 

It never hurts to keep some Future Cruise Deposits in your HAL Bank at all times just in case.

2 hours ago, crunchii said:

Canada / New England itineraries for Fall 2020 are out now. We booked ours :classic_smile:

This is interesting, as I've been looking to book for Sep 2020, and the cruise calendar only goes up to April 2020. Care to share the itineraries or the link, please?

Besides getting some ship board cabin when you book while on a cruise, you can get some more once you get home.  There is a ZPM (?) code that many people get in a "Thank You" for sailing with us and if you give that code to your PCC or TA within 60 days of arriving home, you can get some more shipboard credit.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:38 AM, Krazy Kruizers said:

Besides getting some ship board cabin when you book while on a cruise, you can get some more once you get home.  There is a ZPM (?) code that many people get in a "Thank You" for sailing with us and if you give that code to your PCC or TA within 60 days of arriving home, you can get some more shipboard credit.

That's good to know! We bought a couple of future cruise deposits for the first time on our recent cruise. I don't believe I've received a "Thank You" yet, but I will definitely be watching closer for one now. Thanks!

4 hours ago, 510picker said:

That's good to know! We bought a couple of future cruise deposits for the first time on our recent cruise. I don't believe I've received a "Thank You" yet, but I will definitely be watching closer for one now. Thanks!

You don't need the 'Thank you' letter to receive the benefit of the ZPM promo. You only have to book your next cruise within 60 days of your last one. As long as you know the magic letters, you're good.

On 11/26/2018 at 3:07 AM, Crew News said:

It never hurts to keep some Future Cruise Deposits in your HAL Bank at all times just in case.

True fact.  I took a cruise last year, and didn't tag the deposit to any particular iteniary - I just gave HAL money.  They remembered when I booked this year and applied the credit auto-magically - and of course, I got the $50 OBC (based on the amount deposited, I made about a 40% rate of return on my money...not shabby...!

If you don't use the deposit by - some time (I can't recall when it has to be used by) it's refunded to your original credit card. 

1 minute ago, MauiWowie57 said:

True fact.  I took a cruise last year, and didn't tag the deposit to any particular iteniary - I just gave HAL money.  They remembered when I booked this year and applied the credit auto-magically - and of course, I got the $50 OBC (based on the amount deposited, I made about a 40% rate of return on my money...not shabby...!

If you don't use the deposit by - some time (I can't recall when it has to be used by) it's refunded to your original credit card. 

Your Future Cruise deposit is good for 4 years before it is refunded.

Just for clarification, the extra OBC you get for booking a cruise while on board is the same ZPM OBC you will get for booking within 60 days of your return home.  It is always good to keep some Future Cruise Deposits (FCD) in your bank so I purchase a few on each cruise to be ready for the next cruise season opening.