Star Legend: Hong Kong to Beijing

LovesToRead

I have just submitted a long review of that voyage. It had too many sea days for us, but the ship was doing 12-knots all the time - they needed the sailing time. Start thinking about your disembarkation transfer now if you don't take the extension - it sounded like it was 3 hours on a Windstar bus to Beijing. (We simply bookended two cruises in Tianjin, so I'm saying what I heard from others.)

I imagine it will be approved this week. In the meantime, I included a lot of general tips at the end of my long review of Tokyo-Beijing (Tianjin):

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=639146

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you're looking at this trip you may want to investigate airfare adding in Xian and doing Xian on your own.

This was a couple years ago, and involved a stop in NRT, not HGK, but the Xian market was priced very low for some reason. I was able to purchase business class for a Chicago-Xian round trip ticketed as:

Leg one - ORD-Xian - [break in journey] - PEK-Xian

Leg two - Xian-ORD (with a change of plane in PEK)

It was about half the price as ORD-NRT-PEK-ORD

All travel was on United or Air China.

I was expecting it to ticket as an multi-destination trip - ORD-NRT, then PEK Xian, then PEK-ORD and was very surprised when UAs system combined the first two legs into one, pricing it as a Round Trip.

Edited by milepig

On 11/26/2018 at 1:57 PM, CruiseOrLand said:

I have just submitted a long review of that voyage. It had too many sea days for us, but the ship was doing 12-knots all the time - they needed the sailing time. Start thinking about your disembarkation transfer now if you don't take the extension - it sounded like it was 3 hours on a Windstar bus to Beijing. (We simply bookended two cruises in Tianjin, so I'm saying what I heard from others.)

I imagine it will be approved this week. In the meantime, I included a lot of general tips at the end of my long review of Tokyo-Beijing (Tianjin):

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=639146

Thank you for that review. My husband and I are taking the March 12th cruise from Beijing to Tokyo and will be stopping at the same ports in Japan. Sounds like we are doing several of the same tours you did, should be a great cruise.