Cheers, wines, and preorder liquors - limits?

lvmylilypug

So, short way to ask this question - are there limits to the number of booze packages you can buy for Carnival (Splendor)?

Here's my reasoning: we are sailing on a 14 day cruise, so the cheers package for 2 people is almost $1700!  Last time I got the package I felt like there was a lot of waste, and barely broke even.  Some on you might just say, 'well pay as you go then.'  Well, that's why I'm on the fence.  He drinks spirits, I drink wine and some beer.

I just called but am not confident in either of the 2 reps answers - both of them had to look everything up. It doesn't help that almost all the links on their website right now are 404 dead.

He would prefer to just have 2 bottles of whiskey sent to the room and that will be enough for the entire cruise.  I would prefer to buy 2 of the cruise the vineyard packages,  would be enough for me, and if we did both of those, that would save us a bundle.  The phone rep just said it's 2 packages total, even though the website it was limited to 2 bottles 'pre-order.'  So she said we couldn't have the 2 bottles sent to the room AND buy the wine package.  I asked her if they publish this info anywhere, she just said no.  Yeah, nice to know had I gotten there and tried to do that I would have been told no.  AND if we had the 2 bottles sent over she said we still couldn't buy the cheers package because of that. 

Anyone tried this and know?

Thanks for the response coevan.  I don't think it has to do with bringing any wine on board.  It has more to do with buying multiple "packages."  I think they could figure out if we pre-ordered bottles and then bought the wine package easily.  Is this the kind of thing they prevent?

And what she said doesn't make sense to me.  You can buy unlimited bottles of wine if you have the cheers package - they tout that they give a discount on bottles.  Knowing this, why can't you buy a few bottles of liquor and then a package of wine?  Makes no sense.

Edited by lvmylilypug

According to my watch, you called at roughly 9pm on a Sunday night.  I bet that call was not answered by someone in the Miami office...

Try calling again tomorrow (after Cyber Monday) at around 11am.  You will get a regular day-shifter who will probably be much more coherent and knowledgeable.

It is my understanding that you cannot pre-order more than 2 alcoholic items (i.e., two bottles of whisky).  This is a Fun Shops policy.

You can then order the Cruise the Vineyards package while on board and have no issues.  You can even order additional bottles of liquor from Room Service without a problem.

BTW ... I continue to be amazed at the level of reading comprehension.  OP specifically stated that she did not want to buy Cheers, if she could get both the 2 bottles of whiskey and 2 Cruise the Vineyards packages.

Edited by Schoifmom
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

It is my understanding that you cannot pre-order more than 2 alcoholic items (i.e., two bottles of whisky).  This is a Fun Shops policy.

You can then order the Cruise the Vineyards package while on board and have no issues.  You can even order additional bottles of liquor from Room Service without a problem.

BTW ... I continue to be amazed at the level of reading comprehension.  OP specifically stated that she did not want to buy Cheers, if she could get both the 2 bottles of whiskey and 2 Cruise the Vineyards packages.

I agree completely. We buy 2 bottles of wine or liquor for the room and when we board, we buy the 5 bottle wine package (or 2) depending on the length of the cruise. No problems. (We don't do Cheers.)

Hi

There are no limits to how many bottles you can order for your room. There are only limits to how many you can pre order. There are no limits to how many vineyards packages you order. If you don't pre order, just ask once you board. Once you finish one package, just purchase another. You might as well bring your two bottles, if you are going to drink that much wine.

have a great cruise

30 minutes ago, DMCruiser said:

What is Cruise the Vineyards Package, is it the same as the Cheers package?  We are on the Horizon in April, and I cannot find that package listed for our ship?

It's a package you can buy once on board. Depending on the length of the cruise, they offer a 3 bottle or 5 bottle package. Each has a low priced package (ok wines) and a higher priced package (better wines.) On our recent 14 day cruise, we ordered 2 of the 5 bottle packages of the better wines. Worked out great for us.