Beach all day with amenities

jamiel03

Good morning! I'll be in sunny Antigua in one week and can't wait! I've been looking over the boards and need some advice. I want to do an all day beach day (on our own, no excursions). I'd like a beach that has chair and umbrella rentals, and food and drinks available for purchase. I've been to Antigua once before, and went to Valley Church beach. I really liked it, however, wanted to try something new, since Antigua is known for having 365 beaches! I'll be in a group of 4 adults, all in the mid-30s. I like nice sand, and clear blue water, snorkeling from the beach is a plus, but not necessary. I was interested in Darkwood, but know that is popular with cruise ships, and can get super crowded (there will be 3 ships in port that day). Was also interested in Deep Bay, but it looks like they might not have amenities available, since the resort that provides it is under renovation. Ffyres beach seems nice, but I read on TripAdvisor that the food is terrible there. I don't think Jacquie O's or Rum Bus Beach would work, since I plan to be there all day (9-4, I'm a serious beach bum), not just for a few hours to eat and relax. Dickenson's seems like it'll be too crowded, and too much going on. I prefer a beach that has fewer children, so figured I would stay away from there. 

Any suggestions? I know the beaches will be crowded just based on the number of ships in port, but has anyone been to any of the beaches listed above, or to another, that they absolutely loved? Thanks in advance!