Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, kz920 said:

Me too. I’m a long time royal customer and have tried and tried to fix this issue. I get emails but never marketing emails. It’s so frustrating because I miss out on a lot of sales. If you figure it out please let me know. 

You are not alone.  I haven't received marketing e-mails for many years.  Have called perhaps 75 - 100 times to various departments including C&A, Club Royale, etc.  I have tried four different e-mail addresses.  Each time I call RCI about something I tell them again and they say everything is in order and there is no reason I should not receive them.  Heck, Michael Bayley and his staff even got involved a few years ago and he couldn't even get 'er done! 😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Royal Up doesn't work that well for b2b's or b2b2b's...unless you don't mind changing cabins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I like the progression, that way you can leave the kids back in the FOV and have the CLS to yourselves

I like your thinking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Still a few days left. No need to announce anything yet.

 

£200 pp doesn't seem high for that big cabin with suite benefits 

..”suite benefits”... ? We’re talking about Jewel here! 🤷‍♀️ Lol. 

Personally I’d only consider the UP programme on on Oasis or Quantum class ship where you got CK ( but not getting double points is a bitter pill to swallow at $800pp! )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, little britain said:

..”suite benefits”... ? We’re talking about Jewel here! 🤷‍♀️ Lol. 

Personally I’d only consider the UP programme on on Oasis or Quantum class ship where you got CK ( but not getting double points is a bitter pill to swallow at $800pp! )

 

Sorry, you didn't name a ship so I assumed Indy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

 

Actually on our May 5th. 2019 Allure I was in the casino and they called names (You got an entry for every 50 slot points), they raffled off an aqua suite on day 3.   It was advertised every day prior and you had to be there to claim prize. They were told they could relocate on Wednesday, so they got it for half the cruise.

 

That was the first I actually witnessed.

I do not know what kind of cabin the family was originally in, or how much $$$$$$ he spent on machines.

 

Safe travels.

 

We had the GS next to RS for a Brilliance cruise in the Med. They did RS for a bingo prize first night. New family moved in around midnight. It was awful. Noisy until 1 am. I get it that they were excited, but I paid full price, and were looking for a peaceful night of sleep 

 

Should have moved in the next day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received a Royal Up offer to bid on my 8/24 sailing on the Symphony. The starting bids were: GS 400 per person, CLS 800 pp, OS 800pp, Aquatheatre 1100 pp. 

 

Pretty high in my opinion but it seems to be the going rate on the Oasis class bids?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dleahy4444 said:

I just received a Royal Up offer to bid on my 8/24 sailing on the Symphony. The starting bids were: GS 400 per person, CLS 800 pp, OS 800pp, Aquatheatre 1100 pp. 

 

Pretty high in my opinion but it seems to be the going rate on the Oasis class bids?

Those were my exact offers for Harmony 8/4.  I am currently in a Suite GTY.  Are you in a JS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dleahy4444 said:

I just received a Royal Up offer to bid on my 8/24 sailing on the Symphony. The starting bids were: GS 400 per person, CLS 800 pp, OS 800pp, Aquatheatre 1100 pp. 

 

Pretty high in my opinion but it seems to be the going rate on the Oasis class bids?

 

Considering what you get, I find the GS price to be a bargain for those that don't already have access to the Suite perks.  The Key alone is $210 pp, included drinks in the SL could easily run $350 pp, escorted departure is priceless, CK breakfast and lunch is awesome, pretty much guaranteed dinner reservation in CK is a plus, Barefoot Beach if going to Labadee, etc......  Heck, you ought to bid $800 pp on a GS. That in itself is an awesome cabin.  Huge deck, separate living area, upgrade bath amenities, free room service

 

Probably to high for an NSPP🍍

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, little britain said:

We are in an aft balcony. 

 

It is £200pp to go to the 2bed OVS with no balc

£240pp to go to a JS.

 

I guess the issue is the starting price point is too high (or everyone on board has short arms and deep pockets...)

 

4 hours ago, little britain said:

..”suite benefits”... ? We’re talking about Jewel here! 🤷‍♀️ Lol. 

Personally I’d only consider the UP programme on on Oasis or Quantum class ship where you got CK ( but not getting double points is a bitter pill to swallow at $800pp! )

 

You know I thought about it some more, there are plenty of suite benefits on the Jewel for someone not in an upper tier status.

 

Breakfast in Chops

Concierge Lounge access

Early boarding

Escorted departure

Preferred seating

Etc....

 

So yes, it is a good deal. I doubt someone in that cabin now will give it up for an OS or RS, so it's a mute point.

 

None of those items would matter to me 😉🍍, but the big cabin is nice, I'd bid 200 pounds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bunny7 said:

Those were my exact offers for Harmony 8/4.  I am currently in a Suite GTY.  Are you in a JS?

Yes we are in a JS as a casino comp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Considering what you get, I find the GS price to be a bargain for those that don't already have access to the Suite perks.  The Key alone is $210 pp, included drinks in the SL could easily run $350 pp, escorted departure is priceless, CK breakfast and lunch is awesome, pretty much guaranteed dinner reservation in CK is a plus, Barefoot Beach if going to Labadee, etc......  Heck, you ought to bid $800 pp on a GS. That in itself is an awesome cabin.  Huge deck, separate living area, upgrade bath amenities, free room service

 

Probably to high for an NSPP🍍

Yes, I do love the perks in a GS and I’ve self upgraded to that category in the past... but at half the price I would have to pay for this sailing. Even through Club Royale the upgrade from JS to GS would be 2k. I’m hoping to do better through Royal Up. But if I don’t I think I won’t be too disappointed. There are some perks, although limited, with the JS, and we would purchase the drink package and some specialty dining. While I do like the suites lounge, I think the drink package will allow us to spend more time in different lounges throughout the ship. I’ll miss the other perks of course, but how can I complain about being in a JS on beautiful new ship. It’s all good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just received the Royal Up! notification for our June 30th Mediterranean cruise.  We originally went with a balcony stateroom, mid-ship, 7th floor.  For $700 ($350pp - minimum bid) we were upgraded to a junior suite, mid-ship, 12th floor.  Does this sound like a fair deal given the Oasis-class ship, time of year, and cruise location?

 

Just looking for a quick sanity check.  Haven't cruised in 10 years.  First time on Royal.  This one is just for the wife and I.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, driek said:

We just received the Royal Up! notification for our June 30th Mediterranean cruise.  We originally went with a balcony stateroom, mid-ship, 7th floor.  For $700 ($350pp - minimum bid) we were upgraded to a junior suite, mid-ship, 12th floor.  Does this sound like a fair deal given the Oasis-class ship, time of year, and cruise location?

 

Just looking for a quick sanity check.  Haven't cruised in 10 years.  First time on Royal.  This one is just for the wife and I.

 

That would be about double what we are willing to pay for a balcony to JS move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2018 at 10:03 PM, Scoobydobe7 said:

Does anyone know how far out the bidding will start... (i.e. 3 months, 6 months, 60 days)??

Discovered something interesting today.

 

USA guests already have received a RoyalUP email for cruise on Sept 8.

In UK final payment date isn't until July 13 and in Norway final payment date isn't until Aug 4!!!

 

When I try and log into the RoyalUP site for the Sep 8 cruise it says I can only look to bid 30 days ahead of sailing......

so it is a possible situation that the USA folk all bid and upgrade and get their new cabins and the rest of the world doesn't get a look in...?!

Edited by little britain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, little britain said:

so it is a possible situation that the USA folk all bid and upgrade and get their new cabins and the rest of the world doesn't get a look in...?!

Most assignments seem to come closer to sailing (inside 30 days).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Yes, I do love the perks in a GS and I’ve self upgraded to that category in the past... but at half the price I would have to pay for this sailing. Even through Club Royale the upgrade from JS to GS would be 2k. I’m hoping to do better through Royal Up. But if I don’t I think I won’t be too disappointed. There are some perks, although limited, with the JS, and we would purchase the drink package and some specialty dining. While I do like the suites lounge, I think the drink package will allow us to spend more time in different lounges throughout the ship. I’ll miss the other perks of course, but how can I complain about being in a JS on beautiful new ship. It’s all good. 

 

Those cheap casino upgrades are history according to many

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, little britain said:

Discovered something interesting today.

 

USA guests already have received a RoyalUP email for cruise on Sept 8.

In UK final payment date isn't until July 13 and in Norway final payment date isn't until Aug 4!!!

 

When I try and log into the RoyalUP site for the Sep 8 cruise it says I can only look to bid 30 days ahead of sailing......

so it is a possible situation that the USA folk all bid and upgrade and get their new cabins and the rest of the world doesn't get a look in...?!

 

Maybe it's a trade off for having that late final payment date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Considering what you get, I find the GS price to be a bargain for those that don't already have access to the Suite perks.  The Key alone is $210 pp, included drinks in the SL could easily run $350 pp, escorted departure is priceless, CK breakfast and lunch is awesome, pretty much guaranteed dinner reservation in CK is a plus, Barefoot Beach if going to Labadee, etc......  Heck, you ought to bid $800 pp on a GS. That in itself is an awesome cabin.  Huge deck, separate living area, upgrade bath amenities, free room service

 

Probably to high for an NSPP🍍

I am thinking of bidding on a GS on Anthem, 9 night cruise.   Minimum bid $400pp.    If it could replace an alcohol (me) and refreshment package (husband) and 3 night specialty dining package - it may be worth it.  

 

Do you think the perks are worth it?   My husband and I drink a couple of cappuccinos in the morning and one in the afternoon.    I like to drink 2 or 3 glasses of wine at night.  Can I get bottled water from the SL?  Is the SL lounge open all night?   Can I take a glass of wine from there?    Is CK food the same quality/experience as one of the specialty restaurants?   I am assuming it is clearly a step up from MDR.   

 

(I will book Wonderland with OBC if we are successful with bid.) 

 

 

Edited by AnnaNicole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

I am thinking of bidding on a GS on Anthem, 9 night cruise.   Minimum bid $400pp.    If it could replace an alcohol (me) and refreshment package (husband) and 3 night specialty dining package - it may be worth it.  

 

Do you think the perks are worth it?   My husband and I drink a couple of cappuccinos in the morning and one in the afternoon.    I like to drink 2 or 3 glasses of wine at night.  Can I get bottled water from the SL?  Is the SL lounge open all night?   Can I take a glass of wine from there?    Is CK food the same quality/experience as one of the specialty restaurants?   I am assuming it is clearly a step up from MDR.   

 

(I will book Wonderland with OBC if we are successful with bid.) 

 

 

 

What cabin are you currently in, JS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AnnaNicole said:

D2 balcony

 

I'd bid above minimum then, but that's just me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I'd bid above minimum then, but that's just me

 

On Anthem - does it include complimentary lunch at Chops or Jamie's or just CK?  

 

There is so much variation among ships, it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AnnaNicole said:

 

On Anthem - does it include complimentary lunch at Chops or Jamie's or just CK?  

 

There is so much variation among ships, it seems.

 

Just CK.

 

I'm going to quote your original question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...