Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, seaotter15 said:

Yes, 7-night Radiance of the Seas

 

Wasn't Radiance charging more for Starboard northbound and Port southbound at one time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, seaotter15 said:

Yes, 7-night Radiance of the Seas

 

Not a bad price on an Alaska cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Wasn't Radiance charging more for Starboard northbound and Port southbound at one time

I believe so. When we first booked the cruise, we looked at balconies and saw the difference in prices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, seaotter15 said:

I believe so. When we first booked the cruise, we looked at balconies and saw the difference in prices. 

 

So, would you say this final price is cheaper than your original opportunity to purchase a balcony?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Didn't' receive any e-mail, but went to the upgrade web site to take a look for our Harmony 8/11 cruise. We have 4 adjacent 8D balconies, with two of them adjoining. We were looking specifically for that set-up so we will not bid but was curious about the offer. Here they are, per person,

 

Upgrade to OS -- $1,100 to $3,800

Upgrade to GS -- $700 to $2,400

Upgrade to JS -- $300 - $1,100

Upgrade to 1A -- $200 to $700

 

We have had two price drops on our cabins since we booked them on board Allure in October 2018. The JS, GS, OS differences were much greater than the low bid and stayed that way -- until there were some fire-sale prices the last couple weekends on GS's. With 4 cabins together, none of the fire sales made sense, since we would lose the adjacency.

 

We would need to see an attractive offer on a cruise when it is just the two of us, in order to bid. 

 

mac_tlc

Thanks for posting this.  We have an OV balcony on the Harmony in December and I was curious as to how high up a category you can bid to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Thanks for posting this.  We have an OV balcony on the Harmony in December and I was curious as to how high up a category you can bid to

 

Our August Harmony started at ultra spacious balcony and went through CL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Help me out here guys. I am booked on a B2B2B on Enchantment August 19 thru Sept 2  in a JS Aft and have received an offer to upgrade on two segments 19 Aug and 23 Aug as follows:

 

Royal Suite $250 PP

Owner $150 PP

Grand Suite $100 PP

 

I am sailing solo and get 3 points for each night, and am Diamond Plus at the 640 level. What on earth would I gain by bidding, I can't see any benefit.

My friend is also sailing at the same time and she also has a JS Aft.

 

Am is missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcca2 said:

Help me out here guys. I am booked on a B2B2B on Enchantment August 19 thru Sept 2  in a JS Aft and have received an offer to upgrade on two segments 19 Aug and 23 Aug as follows:

 

Royal Suite $250 PP

Owner $150 PP

Grand Suite $100 PP

 

I am sailing solo and get 3 points for each night, and am Diamond Plus at the 640 level. What on earth would I gain by bidding, I can't see any benefit.

My friend is also sailing at the same time and she also has a JS Aft.

 

Am is missing something?

 

The only thing I can see you would get being in a full suite would be the free room service from the MDR menu.  Not worth the $200 upgrade for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

The only thing I can see you would get being in a full suite would be the free room service from the MDR menu.  Not worth the $200 upgrade for us.

That is what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation Bob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got an email this morning for the "Royal up" program. We are in a regular old balcony which is fine by me but what the heck this is the first time being offered this. I bid the minimum on a spacious ocean view balcony, so for 200 dollars and really no risk we gave it a try. I mean there is no way we win with a minimum bid but hey worth a try. Anyone know where these cabins are typically located or are they just all over the ship? I like being high up in the ship and AFT so this might not be in that area and most likely won't. Let me know what you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would not bid $200 per person to go from a balcony to a spacious balcony.

Ditto this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would not bid $200 per person to go from a balcony to a spacious balcony.

 

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Ditto this

I only bid 100 per person, 200 in total.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Still wouldn't do that.

Ok, an explanation or reason would help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, JAMESCC said:

Ok, an explanation or reason would help?

One balcony to another possibly in a worse location. Not a great deal of difference between the 2 categories

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

One balcony to another possibly in a worse location.

Well I won't win any way with that bid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JAMESCC said:

Well I won't win any way with that bid. 

Many people have won by bidding the minimum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Many people have won by bidding the minimum

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for the input, should have bid a little more for a Junior suite but it bothers me that you don't get the extra points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should have a separate thread for those who have actually won their bids...would be nice to know how often it’s happening 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mcca2 said:

Help me out here guys. I am booked on a B2B2B on Enchantment August 19 thru Sept 2  in a JS Aft and have received an offer to upgrade on two segments 19 Aug and 23 Aug as follows:

 

Royal Suite $250 PP

Owner $150 PP

Grand Suite $100 PP

 

I am sailing solo and get 3 points for each night, and am Diamond Plus at the 640 level. What on earth would I gain by bidding, I can't see any benefit.

My friend is also sailing at the same time and she also has a JS Aft.

 

Am is missing something?

 

97% of the ship is not in the same position as you are.  So while it may not make sense for you, it could be very lucrative for a newbie staying in a normal JS. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

Got an email this morning for the "Royal up" program. We are in a regular old balcony which is fine by me but what the heck this is the first time being offered this. I bid the minimum on a spacious ocean view balcony, so for 200 dollars and really no risk we gave it a try. I mean there is no way we win with a minimum bid but hey worth a try. Anyone know where these cabins are typically located or are they just all over the ship? I like being high up in the ship and AFT so this might not be in that area and most likely won't. Let me know what you think?

 

What ship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...