Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

Recommended Posts

Something odd has happened with my RoyalUp bid. I received an email inviting me to bid on a higher class cabin at the beginning of last week via RoyalUp for our Mariner sailing later this month on the 30th. I pondered a few days but decided to bid on an OS (we are in a GS) since the minimum bids per person was $100 ($200 total for cabin).

 

A week ago, I placed a bid of $125/person ($250 total) for the OS, and had been checking in every day to see if the status had changed, not really expecting to win the bid, but still hopeful. Every day since then, until today, the status was "Pending". However, today I attempted to check my bid and got the dreaded "Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days" message, which of course it is, and when I click on the link to Modify my offer from RoyalUp that was emailed to me after I placed my bid, I get the screen that states my bid is still "Pending", but at the bottom there is a statement that says "There was an error". I also am blocked from modifying my offer; it says I am "Ineligible".

 

Has this happened to anyone else before who might can explain what their outcome was? I've also been checking with my TA on upgrading directly with them if the price gets within a range I find reasonable, but was curious as to why this is happening.

Edited by ValleyCruiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ValleyCruiser said:

Something odd has happened with my RoyalUp bid. I received an email inviting me to bid on a higher class cabin at the beginning of last week via RoyalUp for our Mariner sailing later this month on the 30th. I pondered a few days but decided to bid on an OS (we are in a GS) since the minimum bids per person was $100 ($200 total for cabin).

 

A week ago, I placed a bid of $125/person ($250 total) for the OS, and had been checking in every day to see if the status had changed, not really expecting to win the bid, but still hopeful. Every day since then, until today, the status was "Pending". However, today I attempted to check my bid and got the dreaded "Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days" message, which of course it is, and when I click on the link to Modify my offer from RoyalUp that was emailed to me after I placed my bid, I get the screen that states my bid is still "Pending", but at the bottom there is a statement that says "There was an error". I also am blocked from modifying my offer; it says I am "Ineligible".

 

Has this happened to anyone else before who might can explain what their outcome was? I've also been checking with my TA on upgrading directly with them if the price gets within a range I find reasonable, but was curious as to why this is happening.

 

Yes, lots of others have posted this... and even I have gotten the be sure your within 30 days out message (which i am). It’s more than likely just a glitch on the website, check back later or sign in with a different browser... you may get a different message or maybe get in. Don’t worry about it... it’ll fix itself soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LINDAE3213 said:

Will the minimum bid amount change for a category?  For example my anthem sailing has min bid $100 for balcony    min bid $200 for JS.  This is per person.    Will the min bid per category change up or down as sailing gets closer or stay as is a set number?

 

Unpredictable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got a Royal Up invite for our 6 night Explorer cruise in 22 days time.

We are in an Ocean view Balcony cabin and they want £300 for JS and £970 for a GS upgrade.

Edited by grapau27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just got a Royal Up invite for our 6 night Explorer cruise in 22 days time.

We are in an Ocean view Balcony cabin and they want £300 for JS and £970 for a GS upgrade.

 

Too much for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Too much for us.

Thanks Bob.

We thought the same.

This was our first Royal Up offer and if  they gave double C&A points I might have been tempted but they don't which on free upgrades I can understand but not when you are paying a lot extra to upgrade.

Edited by grapau27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just got a Royal Up invite for our 6 night Explorer cruise in 22 days time.

We are in an Ocean view Balcony cabin and they want £300 for JS and £970 for a GS upgrade.

 

So, $750 US.

That's the minimum though, right.

I'd take that bid, but I doubt it's enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

So, $750 US.

That's the minimum though, right.

I'd take that bid, but I doubt it's enough.

It just says From £160pp for JS and

£485pp for GS.

I believe Explorer still has a CL so as D+ we get access anyway.

We are on Allure next June and if we get offered then with CK and SL access I would take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It just says From £160pp for JS and

£485pp for GS.

I believe Explorer still has a CL so as D+ we get access anyway.

We are on Allure next June and if we get offered then with CK and SL access I would take it.

 

Screenshot_20190913_230638_com.google.android.gm.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It just says From £160pp for JS and

£485pp for GS.

I believe Explorer still has a CL so as D+ we get access anyway.

We are on Allure next June and if we get offered then with CK and SL access I would take it.

 

That's even less. I'd bid in a heartbeat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just booked a junior suite on Anthem December 8th Cruise.  Supposedly got the last junior suite.  So what perks do we get, double points I know, anything else worth knowing???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

So just booked a junior suite on Anthem December 8th Cruise.  Supposedly got the last junior suite.  So what perks do we get, double points I know, anything else worth knowing???

Access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner 

No dbl points if you bid for the upgrade

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DaniDanielle said:

So how is Coastal Kitchen?  I have to admit I am pretty excited, this will bring us to Diamond Plus🎉

 

 

Simple, different than the MDR,  made to order, excellent service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thank you so much.  Are there coffee pots in the junior suite?

 

Yes, and kettles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I am even more excited!   We booked and bit the bullet on the price so we would get to Diamond Plus.  Didn’t really think we would get there yet but so happy we booked.  In the long run we kind of saved some money because we would have had to book at least one more cruise to get there.  Besides,my 70th birthday is in January so an early present to me🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thank you so much.  Are there coffee pots in the junior suite?

 

Just curious, what kind of JS did you get?

Anthem has several different types

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DaniDanielle said:

Now I am even more excited!   We booked and bit the bullet on the price so we would get to Diamond Plus.  Didn’t really think we would get there yet but so happy we booked.  In the long run we kind of saved some money because we would have had to book at least one more cruise to get there.  Besides,my 70th birthday is in January so an early present to me🤪

 

Still curious if you got your JS via the Royal Up program.

No dbl points if you purchased an OV or balcony and won a bid to get your JS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AllI know it is on Deck 6 near the starboard elevators.  Our TA didn’t send our details yet.

should have cabin number in the morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

No, we booked the last junior suite our agent had showing.

 

Great, but this thread is about the Royal UP bid process.

 

Enjoy you new status

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so sorry, I was just so excited we jumped on this!  You and Bob have been an “inspiration”!!!  I knew my questions would be answered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...