Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

Recommended Posts

Just now, vegas7df said:

Is there a minimum number of days prior to sailing that Royal will inform you if your bid was accepted?

 

Thanks - Donna

 

No set time, though I've seen a number of reports of getting the rejection notice a day before the cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

Is there a minimum number of days prior to sailing that Royal will inform you if your bid was accepted?

 

Thanks - Donna

from the royal up FAQ
"When will I know if my RoyalUp℠ offer got accepted?

Your offer can be accepted anytime from the moment it is submitted up until 2 days prior to voyage departure. For more details about RoyalUp℠, click here."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We actually bid on a penthouse on Celebrity this past March- we were told we could even be notified onboard.  Actually we were never officially notified.We didn't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bid on a junior suite $335 and ultra spacious spacious with larger balcony for $320.  Didnt get either.  This was for the harmony of the seas Dec 1-9.  We currently have a superior OV balcony on deck 12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

Bid on a junior suite $335 and ultra spacious spacious with larger balcony for $320.  Didnt get either.  This was for the harmony of the seas Dec 1-9.  We currently have a superior OV balcony on deck 12.

 

You are probably better off, that incremental price for the spacious balcony was pricey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am just curious how soon did you find out your royal up bid was accepted or declined after you put it in? I know they say they can let you know anytime up until the day before the cruise but wonder if anyone has found out sooner then that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

We were accepted about 45 days out

We are about one month out.  Waiting to here- I doubt we will get the upgrade.  We are two people current in a crown loft suite- which we love- but I got bitten by the "bug" and bid on a two bedroom aqua theatre suite.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One interesting data point: I never got an email to bid, but was able to place one by going directly to the Royal Up side, despite being more than 30 days out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was solo in a Boardwalk balcony on Oasis sailing Sunday (12/8). Bid $200 total for an ocean view balcony last Thursday, 10 days out. Got notified today, four days out, that it was accepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received my accepted email about 2 weeks out on navigator. Minimum bid on a basic view room. I did watch and see what rooms weren't filled yet when I bid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bradski said:

I received my accepted email about 2 weeks out on navigator. Minimum bid on a basic view room. I did watch and see what rooms weren't filled yet when I bid. 

And what did you find? I ask because my cruise fluctuates between sold out suites to entirely booked. Still haven't heard back yet. Less than two weeks out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there upgrades room available? If there aren't I cant imagine you have a chance. When mine was accepted there were almost 10 of the view rooms available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Irishfam7 said:

How can you tell whether the suites are full or not?

I tried to book the cruise and see what I could select. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bradski said:
3 minutes ago, Irishfam7 said:

 

I tried to book the cruise and see what I could select.

Gotcha 👍🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bradski said:

Are there upgrades room available? If there aren't I cant imagine you have a chance. When mine was accepted there were almost 10 of the view rooms available. 

Probably not, but it's still out there I guess in case if last minute cancellations or no shows.  I've made my peace with it. 😏🏽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, bradski said:

I received my accepted email about 2 weeks out on navigator. Minimum bid on a basic view room. I did watch and see what rooms weren't filled yet when I bid. 

Do you mean ocean view? I just got the Royal Up offer for my cruise. I bid $50 p/p for ocean view. I saw that they still had like 53 left. Our cruise is February 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, broadwaycam said:

Do you mean ocean view? I just got the Royal Up offer for my cruise. I bid $50 p/p for ocean view. I saw that they still had like 53 left. Our cruise is February 1st.

If there are a bunch left in a month I'm sure you have a good chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bradski said:

If there are a bunch left in a month I'm sure you have a good chance. 

What amount did you bid for yours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, broadwaycam said:

What amount did you bid for yours?

Minimum on all 20, 30, 50. I had regular inside room.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...