Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

3 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

$200 pp minimum 

Did you check how much is the regular price to upgrade to those rooms?

I wouldn't do it we are a family of 3; Basically just go to the room to sleep, you can do more with those $400.00 in offshore excursion, Dining, Etc.. Just my 2 cents. 

Plus with royal up you might get a location that you don't want to be or you might not like.

Edited by luisc25

15 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

Thank you! You are probably right. I think I would be unhappy if we ended up in a crappy location. 

Thete are only a couple of those cabins per deck. Look at the deck plans. It's a much better cabin especially if you were  putting 4 in a regular cabin. 

I have the same offer on the same ship same rooms.  I’m sure I won’t get it but I did it anyway. My bid was 150.00. And I only did it because I’d never don’t it b4 and what the heck lol.  

31 days and counting. 

1 minute ago, Ptroxx said:

I have the same offer on the same ship same rooms.  I’m sure I won’t get it but I did it anyway. My bid was 150.00. And I only did it because I’d never don’t it b4 and what the heck lol.  

31 days and counting. 

I've won 3 out of 4 Royal Up bids. And, I only bid minimum, or close to it.

1 minute ago, FireEMT978 said:

Well that’s a good sign lol.  

So funny turn of events. 

I went online to price out the Ultra spacious room and it said none were available for my sailing so I wanted to compare the price to the next level up which was junior suite. Again the site showed none available. I also checked my category of room and it showed the prices had went down just a little so I called royal. I was told because I am past final payment date they couldn’t do OBC but he could upgrade me to a Junior Suite on the same deck for the price I paid for the standard balcony. I am super happy now not having to do the Royal up and for a bigger room in the area I wanted to be in without spending anymore money. 

14 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

So funny turn of events. 

I went online to price out the Ultra spacious room and it said none were available for my sailing so I wanted to compare the price to the next level up which was junior suite. Again the site showed none available. I also checked my category of room and it showed the prices had went down just a little so I called royal. I was told because I am past final payment date they couldn’t do OBC but he could upgrade me to a Junior Suite on the same deck for the price I paid for the standard balcony. I am super happy now not having to do the Royal up and for a bigger room in the area I wanted to be in without spending anymore money. 

What's really great about that, is that now you will also receive double C&A points for the sailing.

Congrats, on your awesome score!

10 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

What's really great about that, is that now you will also receive double C&A points for the sailing.

No they won't - no extra point on Royal Up upgrades when moving from a balcony to a JS.

18 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No they won't - no extra point on Royal Up upgrades when moving from a balcony to a JS.

The people he quoted self upgraded so will get double points

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

I didn’t do royal up. I called and was able to upgrade myself. 

18 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

I missed that detail, sorry.

20 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

Going from which cat cabin to which?  

28 minutes ago, island lady said:

Going from which cat cabin to which?  

Most recently, on my Oasis Halloween cruise. Went from Central Park balcony to Oceanview Balcony.

Prior to that, OV Balcony to Junior suite on Navigator 2019 New Years cruise.

2 others prior to those.

10 hours ago, BeachChik said:

Huh wonder if I should call.   Did you use a TA or book yourself? 

I booked with a 3rd party.  

10 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Huh wonder if I should call.   Did you use a TA or book yourself? 

I booked with a 3rd party.  

I booked myself via royals website. 

9 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

I booked myself via royals website. 

Yeah I think I have to contact my 3rd party to upgrade.     

Just wanted to come back and update my situation if anyone was following from earlier looks like this got super long or even might have been merged but here's a quick update;
Booked a guarantee inside for the first time, there was big price differences in the room category and this being an 8 night right after the holidays i was watching my spending. 
after i found out what room we were assigned i wasn't thrilled, ended up in a connecting room(not with ppl we know), deck two all the way at the front.
got the royal up email 45 days out and had the option to bid on, promenade view, ocean view, or balcony. now the mins for promenade view and ocean view rooms were only $50pp. and the balcony min i believe was $100pp.
Now im someone who is going to make the most out of my vacation and really wouldn't mind if we ended up in our original room, we are going with a bunch of people and wont be spending much time at all in the room.
i threw the minimum bid on all 3 fully not expecting to get any of them. (i track my prices and prices of other rooms on the sailings so i know at those mins i would be getting a killer deal if any were excepted.)
so now as of today we are 8 days from sailing and while making all my bill payments so i have no worries while we are gone i see and hold on my booking credit card from royal for $100. so i swing over to my email and i haven't gotten an official royalup email I did get an email with all new set sail documents with the new room number, deck 7 promenade view room! 

this was my first time doing a RoyalUp bid and while i know i probably got lucky getting the upgrade only bidding the min i wanted to come and say its not unheard of !

6 minutes ago, EDiamond22 said:

Just wanted to come back and update my situation if anyone was following from earlier looks like this got super long or even might have been merged but here's a quick update;
Booked a guarantee inside for the first time, there was big price differences in the room category and this being an 8 night right after the holidays i was watching my spending. 
after i found out what room we were assigned i wasn't thrilled, ended up in a connecting room(not with ppl we know), deck two all the way at the front.
got the royal up email 45 days out and had the option to bid on, promenade view, ocean view, or balcony. now the mins for promenade view and ocean view rooms were only $50pp. and the balcony min i believe was $100pp.
Now im someone who is going to make the most out of my vacation and really wouldn't mind if we ended up in our original room, we are going with a bunch of people and wont be spending much time at all in the room.
i threw the minimum bid on all 3 fully not expecting to get any of them. (i track my prices and prices of other rooms on the sailings so i know at those mins i would be getting a killer deal if any were excepted.)
so now as of today we are 8 days from sailing and while making all my bill payments so i have no worries while we are gone i see and hold on my booking credit card from royal for $100. so i swing over to my email and i haven't gotten an official royalup email I did get an email with all new set sail documents with the new room number, deck 7 promenade view room! 

this was my first time doing a RoyalUp bid and while i know i probably got lucky getting the upgrade only bidding the min i wanted to come and say its not unheard of !

Congrats to you. Enjoy your cruise. We just booked my daughter and her boyfriend in a Promenade view room.

We are traveling the beginning of Feb 2020 on Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas. We received an email saying we could participate in the Royal Up program meaning we could upgrade our current room to a different room by bidding an additional monetary amount. Has anyone participated in this? Not sure how much to bid per person for a Grand Suite. Is there an amount you’d recommend per person? Any feedback would be appreciated! Thank you! 

36 minutes ago, Megvroeg said:

Has anyone participated in this?

Welcome to CC.

4K+ posts in this thread of nothing but feedback.

2 hours ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

Just got a Royal Up offer on my Feb 2020 Navigator cruise. We'll see how it goes lol.

Good luck !

5 hours ago, Megvroeg said:

We are traveling the beginning of Feb 2020 on Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas. We received an email saying we could participate in the Royal Up program meaning we could upgrade our current room to a different room by bidding an additional monetary amount. Has anyone participated in this? Not sure how much to bid per person for a Grand Suite. Is there an amount you’d recommend per person? Any feedback would be appreciated! Thank you! 

The email you received should list the minimum amounts to bid. Anything beyond that would be entirely your decision. And you are not paying to upgrade, you are paying for the possibility of an upgrade. 

Edited by Coralc