RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

Okay good to know!  One of the reasons I loved the CL was because of all the space, lol. Of course all the other perks are amazing too, but we have two daughters, and it was so much better having all the storage room for clothing and the two bathrooms.   Ahhhh, I can dream about having one again someday lol. Anyways, thanks for your input!

50 minutes ago, Littleone15 said:

Okay good to know!  One of the reasons I loved the CL was because of all the space, lol. Of course all the other perks are amazing too, but we have two daughters, and it was so much better having all the storage room for clothing and the two bathrooms.   Ahhhh, I can dream about having one again someday lol. Anyways, thanks for your input!

Just went to the 
Royal up website.  My bid was cancelled- I haven't officially been notified by Royal yet.  Cruise on Sunday.

Received the following bid choices today for March 1st on Harmony.  When I do a mock booking to look at current availability, only shows options for the 1 bedroom GS or OS. The price to upgrade to a suite guarantee which is available as an option would cost us less than the lowest bid options for all except Jr Suite.  Not sure what to do, if anything, especially since we’ve never sailed RCCL before, I’m not sure what’s great deal wise. 

559C8D13-AF2E-4439-A38F-F31CAE0379FF.jpeg

Sorry. I really don't want to scan 171 pages for an answer to my question. If your bid is accepted, and they don't let you know until 6pm the day before sailing, how can you present an accurate boarding pass/ luggage tags? I will not have access to a printer. Scratch out the cabin # and tell the porter to give different tags?

1 minute ago, wannagonow123 said:

Sorry. I really don't want to scan 171 pages for an answer to my question. If your bid is accepted, and they don't let you know until 6pm the day before sailing, how can you present an accurate boarding pass/ luggage tags? I will not have access to a printer. Scratch out the cabin # and tell the porter to give different tags?

The boarding pass does not have to have the correct stateroom number.

The luggage tags can be made up at the pier by the porters who have access to the passenger manifest.

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

We are on that cruise.

Hope to put in a good bid for a grand suite 

Look out for the fat middled aged mum chasing a fat blond kid! Screaming “William”  

Hoping to upgrade to a balcony as we are currently inside but in interconnected rooms. 

There is some very nice suits available for the cruise, crown loft at the back of the ship would be my choice.

If you get two cabins upgraded can you change the rooms to interconnected if they are in the same category as assigned?

25 minutes ago, Esilef said:

Look out for the fat middled aged mum chasing a fat blond kid! Screaming “William”  

Hoping to upgrade to a balcony as we are currently inside but in interconnected rooms. 

There is some very nice suits available for the cruise, crown loft at the back of the ship would be my choice.

If you get two cabins upgraded can you change the rooms to interconnected if they are in the same category as assigned?

I tried bobs link but it said not available yet.

Give it  another week.

Oh we have joff eaton as cruise director.

18 minutes ago, Esilef said:

Is Joff any good? 

I also tried the link and it’s still not up.

there seems to be a lot available on this cruise.

Some people love joff but I’m not one of them .

Yes there’s are quite a few unsold cabins.

I haven’t seen you on the rollcall,it’s fairly active.

1 hour ago, Esilef said:

No because your basically getting the leftover cabins so there is a good chance there will not be any cabins available to move to at that point

9 hours ago, wannagonow123 said:

If your bid is accepted, and they don't let you know until 6pm the day before sailing

That is very rare, like GTYs not assigned till you get to the pier. I don't recall anyone report a Royal Up bid win inside 3 days to go. Even if you find out further out, you may need to call RCI to reissue the luggage tags. Or, forget about printing them, and rely on the porter as @Host Clarea suggested.