Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

I just received an email for the RoyalUp program and have a question.  Currently we are booked in a Guarantee Neighborhood balcony on Symphony of the Seas for Feb 29.  They are offering bidding for a Junior Suite, Ultra Spacious Ocean View Lg Balcony, Spacious Ocean View Balcony and Ocean View balcony. My question, is do they ever change the bid options closer to the cruise?  We were lucky to stay in a Crown Loft last time on Oasis, because we got an amazing deal, and were hoping to get an offer for any Sky Class Suite.  Now that I’ve tasted the suite life, it’s hard to go back lol. 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Littleone15 said:

I just received an email for the RoyalUp program and have a question.  Currently we are booked in a Guarantee Neighborhood balcony on Symphony of the Seas for Feb 29.  They are offering bidding for a Junior Suite, Ultra Spacious Ocean View Lg Balcony, Spacious Ocean View Balcony and Ocean View balcony. My question, is do they ever change the bid options closer to the cruise?  We were lucky to stay in a Crown Loft last time on Oasis, because we got an amazing deal, and were hoping to get an offer for any Sky Class Suite.  Now that I’ve tasted the suite life, it’s hard to go back lol. 

From what I have gathered and from our own experience, the original cabin you are booked into determines which categories you can bid on at that time (may be different at different times.)  I was told the higher cabin you start with, the higher your options to bid are. 

On our last cruise, we were in an ultra spacious with large balcony and were given the options to bid on the jr suite, crown loft, grand, and owners suites.  Our son was in a boardwalk balcony and he got the same options you have now. The options never changed. 

We bid just over minimum on the CL for us and the Jr suite for the kids, won the CL, didn't win the jr suite.

We were so spoiled by the CL that for an upcoming family cruise we just went ahead and booked the same CL suite and put the kids (married adults) in a jr suite.  We weren't going to gamble on getting the CL this time 😊  

Edited by cured

We also got spoiled by a crown loft suite   However for our next sailing on the Harmony with our granddaughter, we bid on a two bedroom Aqua Theater suite.  Love the crown loft so IMO we win either way

Okay good to know!  One of the reasons I loved the CL was because of all the space, lol. Of course all the other perks are amazing too, but we have two daughters, and it was so much better having all the storage room for clothing and the two bathrooms.   Ahhhh, I can dream about having one again someday lol. Anyways, thanks for your input!

50 minutes ago, Littleone15 said:

Okay good to know!  One of the reasons I loved the CL was because of all the space, lol. Of course all the other perks are amazing too, but we have two daughters, and it was so much better having all the storage room for clothing and the two bathrooms.   Ahhhh, I can dream about having one again someday lol. Anyways, thanks for your input!

Just went to the 
Royal up website.  My bid was cancelled- I haven't officially been notified by Royal yet.  Cruise on Sunday.

10 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I haven't officially been notified by Royal yet

The denial e-mail usually comes around 6PM on the day before the sailing.

24 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Just went to the 
Royal up website.  My bid was cancelled- I haven't officially been notified by Royal yet.  Cruise on Sunday.

I still have hope.  Just checked our Royal Up bid and still pending.  :)

39 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The denial e-mail usually comes around 6PM on the day before the sailing.

lol when do the success emails go out?

Just now, Palmetto Pilot said:

when do the success emails go out?

Any time between bidding and the denial e-mail.

Received the following bid choices today for March 1st on Harmony.  When I do a mock booking to look at current availability, only shows options for the 1 bedroom GS or OS. The price to upgrade to a suite guarantee which is available as an option would cost us less than the lowest bid options for all except Jr Suite.  Not sure what to do, if anything, especially since we’ve never sailed RCCL before, I’m not sure what’s great deal wise. 

559C8D13-AF2E-4439-A38F-F31CAE0379FF.jpeg

I want Royal to send me their RoyalUp bid prior to me making final payment...  NOW that would make it exciting 😄

11 minutes ago, Esilef said:

Sailing on ovation on feb 22 still no royalup....

Look around the 45th day, that's when I got my offer. 

7 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Just went to the 

has you CC been charged at all?

16 minutes ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

Look around the 45th day, that's when I got my offer. 

Sometimes you never get an -email but you can bid anyway, even more than 30 days out.

50 minutes ago, Esilef said:

Sailing on ovation on feb 22 still no royalup....

We are on that cruise.

Hope to put in a good bid for a grand suite 

Sorry. I really don't want to scan 171 pages for an answer to my question. If your bid is accepted, and they don't let you know until 6pm the day before sailing, how can you present an accurate boarding pass/ luggage tags? I will not have access to a printer. Scratch out the cabin # and tell the porter to give different tags?

1 minute ago, wannagonow123 said:

Sorry. I really don't want to scan 171 pages for an answer to my question. If your bid is accepted, and they don't let you know until 6pm the day before sailing, how can you present an accurate boarding pass/ luggage tags? I will not have access to a printer. Scratch out the cabin # and tell the porter to give different tags?

The boarding pass does not have to have the correct stateroom number.

The luggage tags can be made up at the pier by the porters who have access to the passenger manifest.

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

We are on that cruise.

Hope to put in a good bid for a grand suite 

Look out for the fat middled aged mum chasing a fat blond kid! Screaming “William”  

Hoping to upgrade to a balcony as we are currently inside but in interconnected rooms. 

There is some very nice suits available for the cruise, crown loft at the back of the ship would be my choice.

If you get two cabins upgraded can you change the rooms to interconnected if they are in the same category as assigned?

25 minutes ago, Esilef said:

Look out for the fat middled aged mum chasing a fat blond kid! Screaming “William”  

Hoping to upgrade to a balcony as we are currently inside but in interconnected rooms. 

There is some very nice suits available for the cruise, crown loft at the back of the ship would be my choice.

If you get two cabins upgraded can you change the rooms to interconnected if they are in the same category as assigned?

I tried bobs link but it said not available yet.

Give it  another week.

Oh we have joff eaton as cruise director.

Is Joff any good? 

I also tried the link and it’s still not up.

there seems to be a lot available on this cruise.

18 minutes ago, Esilef said:

Is Joff any good? 

I also tried the link and it’s still not up.

there seems to be a lot available on this cruise.

Some people love joff but I’m not one of them .

Yes there’s are quite a few unsold cabins.

I haven’t seen you on the rollcall,it’s fairly active.

1 hour ago, Esilef said:

No because your basically getting the leftover cabins so there is a good chance there will not be any cabins available to move to at that point