Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, S904 said:

 

eeeekk!! ill try not to get too excited until i receive and official email lol

Oh I hope you get it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, vickic233 said:

Oh I hope you get it!!

 

Appreciate all the love from CC fam!!!

 

would be my first time in an OS!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, S904 said:

 

Appreciate all the love from CC fam!!!

 

would be my first time in an OS!!

It will be a fatal mistake.  Once you have an OS you can never go back.

 

Good luck !!  Hope you get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, S904 said:

Bid on my cruise 3/18 about two weeks ago. i check today. and the grand suite shows expired, 2 bed grand suite expired, but shows the owners suite "pending" and no way to cancel or update. Does that mean anything?

that's what i keep hoping to see as we sail sunday....but all mine are still pending....so not looking good right now for us.... good luck, I think you got it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JeffKoz said:

that's what i keep hoping to see as we sail sunday....but all mine are still pending....so not looking good right now for us.... good luck, I think you got it

Me too, sailing on Sunday. This is my 4th cruise to try and Royal Up. So far all unsuccessful..I am
trying to get from JS to RS or OS. 
(Liberty).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are sailing on the Independence of the Seas leaving in 1 week (March 2nd)  We bid on a Grand Suite 1 Bedroom, and it still shows "pending", so its not looking too good.  Either way, we are happy with our Ocean View Balcony.  Just curious, if anyone received an upgrade on this sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2020 at 9:30 AM, S904 said:

10 Day Cruise - Currently Booked in Junior Suite - Voyager of the Seas
Min bid is listed below. Only 2 of us travelling on our honeymoon. 5 port days 4 sea days.


Royal Suite - $700 per person

Owners Suite - $450 per person
Grand Suite - 2 Bedroom - $200 per person

Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom - $150 per person

 

What's the play here?? Is it worth it for Grand v Owners? D+ first time in a Junior Suite, so going to love it either way. Super tempted by Royal Suite but really don't want to spend 1400$

Planning on going 250 for grand and 460 for owners. I think main question is owners worth it?? 

 

 

Update: GOT THE EMAIL!! ACECPTED! Owners Suite here I come for 10 days! Originally had paid $1415 pre port fees for a Junior Suite and Free Gratuities. So in total paid just about 2K per person for 10 days for an owners suite! l

Final bids:

 

Grand Suite 1B - 350
Grand Suite 2B - 400
Owner Suite - 475 - Accepted!
Roayl Suite - 710

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, S904 said:

 

Update: GOT THE EMAIL!! ACECPTED! Owners Suite here I come for 10 days! Originally had paid $1415 pre port fees for a Junior Suite and Free Gratuities. So in total paid just about 2K per person for 10 days for an owners suite! l

Final bids:

 

Grand Suite 1B - 350
Grand Suite 2B - 400
Owner Suite - 475 - Accepted!
Roayl Suite - 710

 

 

Yeah, so happy that you got it! Enjoy your cruise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Generally is it about three weeks before you sail that you'll get the notification your bid is accepted? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

Generally is it about three weeks before you sail that you'll get the notification your bid is accepted? Thanks.

Last month mine was 24 hours before boarding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

Generally is it about three weeks before you sail that you'll get the notification your bid is accepted? 

There’s no generally with Royal Up - can get accepted at any time between bid and last day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re 13 days out right now. Jewel, from Dubai. I got a Royal Up offer just now. 

 

We have a balcony guarantee, and we’re happy with our room. But the ship has been seeming very empty, lots of empty cabins in all categories. I’ve been watching to see if an upgrade to a Jr Suite might be worth it. Until yesterday, it was about 1000€ more than we paid. Not worth it. 
 

Today, all of a sudden, balconies show as sold out when there were tons yesterday, and there are no more suite guarantee cabins available (but still lots of suites empty). 
 

Royal Up shuffle I guess. 
 

I put a bid on a Jr Suite and the 2 bedroom suite (no balcony). Fingers crossed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2020 at 10:38 AM, S904 said:

Bid on my cruise 3/18 about two weeks ago. i check today. and the grand suite shows expired, 2 bed grand suite expired, but shows the owners suite "pending" and no way to cancel or update. Does that mean anything?

 

Where do you look to see if your offer has expired or is pending?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vivianmarie244 said:

 

Where do you look to see if your offer has expired or is pending?

 

Nevermind...found it.  So does pending sound like we got it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, vivianmarie244 said:

 

Nevermind...found it.  So does pending sound like we got it?

only if you have other bids that show expired 

Edited by Tulsacoker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, JeffKoz said:

that's what i keep hoping to see as we sail sunday....but all mine are still pending....so not looking good right now for us.... good luck, I think you got it

I am on Oasis this Sunday as well and received another RoyalUp email this morning saying it's not too late to bid on an upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All bids show pending ... its just when some bids change to expired and one still shows pending does it seem likely you one that one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I am on Oasis this Sunday as well and received another RoyalUp email this morning saying it's not too late to bid on an upgrade.

ol...interesting....all 4 of my bids still show pending....i'm above minimum, but still not much hope at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JeffKoz said:

ol...interesting....all 4 of my bids still show pending....i'm above minimum, but still not much hope at this point.

FYI - I didn't bid on anything this time..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is totally off subject, but does anyone know if Royal Caribbean ships serve Southern Comfort?  I cant find an answer anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some Crown Loft Suites opened up on our next cruise.  We're currently in a GS with RoyalUP bids on a GS 2 Bed and an Owner's Suite.  If we upgrade to the CL Suite what happens to those offers since they'd technically be downgrades?  

 

Also, for things like the VILLA, Skyloft Suite  and the Aqua 2 Bedroom, would my minimums be reduced since I was in a higher category room?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, stompy said:

Some Crown Loft Suites opened up on our next cruise.  We're currently in a GS with RoyalUP bids on a GS 2 Bed and an Owner's Suite.  If we upgrade to the CL Suite what happens to those offers since they'd technically be downgrades?  

 

Also, for things like the VILLA, Skyloft Suite  and the Aqua 2 Bedroom, would my minimums be reduced since I was in a higher category room?

Once you upgrade yourself,  I believe  you can cancel bids. They may send another royal up invite, depending on sale date. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stompy said:

Some Crown Loft Suites opened up on our next cruise.  We're currently in a GS with RoyalUP bids on a GS 2 Bed and an Owner's Suite.  If we upgrade to the CL Suite what happens to those offers since they'd technically be downgrades?  

 

Also, for things like the VILLA, Skyloft Suite  and the Aqua 2 Bedroom, would my minimums be reduced since I was in a higher category room?

 

1 hour ago, stompy said:

Some Crown Loft Suites opened up on our next cruise.  We're currently in a GS with RoyalUP bids on a GS 2 Bed and an Owner's Suite.  If we upgrade to the CL Suite what happens to those offers since they'd technically be downgrades?  

 

Also, for things like the VILLA, Skyloft Suite  and the Aqua 2 Bedroom, would my minimums be reduced since I was in a higher category room?

 

50 minutes ago, vickic233 said:

Once you upgrade yourself,  I believe  you can cancel bids. They may send another royal up invite, depending on sale date. 

 

51 minutes ago, vickic233 said:

Once you upgrade yourself,  I believe  you can cancel bids. They may send another royal up invite, depending on sale date. 

Cancel bids- correct.  The crown loft is wonderful!  So much better then an owners or grand suite.  You get two bathrooms and great storage!!  Our favorite suites on the ship.  We have had grand suite and owners suite!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

 

 

 

Cancel bids- correct.  The crown loft is wonderful!  So much better then an owners or grand suite.  You get two bathrooms and great storage!!  Our favorite suites on the ship.  We have had grand suite and owners suite!!!

 

Agree. CLS is nice, but not being near the windows with the bed upstairs, and having to go up and down those stairs all the time...IMHO I prefer the GS or OS.  In fact had a CLS booked for next summer on Allure, then later changed to an OS.  Was actually 400 more to do so.  Love the big open space in the OS, and huge bathroom.  All personal preference of course.  😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...