Jump to content

RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)


John&LaLa
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, UnregisteredUser said:

 

May I ask how many persons you are? We have an upcoming cruise for 4 persons but in two cabins on the Oasis and if we could score a 2 b Grand Suite for 650$ per person it would be a done deal.

But is it enough if one cabin does the bidding or will it only apply for 2 persones then? 

Even if you have more then two persons, you only pay the bid amount for the first two.  Enjoy your cruise!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UnregisteredUser said:

But is it enough if one cabin does the bidding or will it only apply for 2 persons then? 

Welcome to CC.

 

Realize that if you get it, while you can have the two other folks in the other cabin join you in the 2 bdr GS, they won't have suite privileges.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to report back. 5 days before cruise, upgrade went through. I notice the Setsail pass has cabin updated.

 

As suspected, when the bid went in, the lower grade cabin bid went as expired. The second bid for higher grade cabin went as Pending and no ability to modify. This higher grade cabin bid came through.

 

However, my credit card has not been charged, even not a pending charge. On the C&A webpage, the reservation now showing a balance to pay (equal to the bidding price). Now finger crosses that the credit card get charged soon and I can secure the upgrade.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Even if you have more then two persons, you only pay the bid amount for the first two.  Enjoy your cruise!

But only the people in the bidding cabin will be considered upgraded. And you still have to keep the non-bidding cabin. They don't refund it even if the other people move in to the 2 BR with the winning bidders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sailing on Symphony this Saturday.  Upgrade to GS just came through today.  Originally had bid on JS, GS, GS2BR, and OS.  A few days ago all of them showed expired except for the GS, and the GS bid could not be edited anymore.  We bid $515/pp which was just a tiny bit over minimum.

 

Also was on Freedom in July and bid the minimum ($50/pp) to upgrade from a balcony to a JS and got that one too.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kyle2123 said:

Sailing on Symphony this Saturday.  Upgrade to GS just came through today.  Originally had bid on JS, GS, GS2BR, and OS.  A few days ago all of them showed expired except for the GS, and the GS bid could not be edited anymore.  We bid $515/pp which was just a tiny bit over minimum.

 

Also was on Freedom in July and bid the minimum ($50/pp) to upgrade from a balcony to a JS and got that one too.

I'm on with you Saturday and have 3 bids all pending - they are all Star level. All still available to change bid. 
 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We just received our royal up for our Sept 27 Freedom four night cruise. We went from a balconey guarantee to a Grand Suite for $200 per person. Minium bid was $150. We only paid $747 total for both of us so we felt we could splurge on a suite. This willl be our first time in a suite and we are really looking forward to it.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm still in the midst of my first exposure to this Royal Up thing.  I cruise in 9 days.  My GS bid says Expired and my JS bid says Pending.  Neither will let me modify.  Based on the collective experience of this board, should I be optimistic on the JS upgrade or is it still a maybe/maybe not thing?  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Aquahound said:

I'm still in the midst of my first exposure to this Royal Up thing.  I cruise in 9 days.  My GS bid says Expired and my JS bid says Pending.  Neither will let me modify.  Based on the collective experience of this board, should I be optimistic on the JS upgrade or is it still a maybe/maybe not thing?  

Be optimistic!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2021 at 2:45 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Be optimistic!

 

On 9/23/2021 at 5:09 AM, pasodancer said:

Be VERY optimistic (and good luck!).

 

Thanks you two.  Great news....I was notified today that my bid was accepted and I got a J4 JS.  😃

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

 

 

Thanks you two.  Great news....I was notified today that my bid was accepted and I got a J4 JS.  😃

Congratulations!  Would you mind sharing the particulars of the bid (original cabin category, minimum bid, accept bid amount)?  No worries if you'd rather not share.  Enjoy your JS!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ScoobyGal said:

Congratulations!  Would you mind sharing the particulars of the bid (original cabin category, minimum bid, accept bid amount)?  No worries if you'd rather not share.  Enjoy your JS!

 

No worries.  I'm happy to share.  7 nights on Ovation sailing next week.  I was in a Cat D Balcony.  Rates for the JS were about $700 p/p more than the D balcony rate.  I placed the minimum bid of $200 p/p for JS.  That bid that was accepted.  I never modified it.  

 

Funny thing is, the balcony rates dropped by about $200 p/p a few weeks ago.  I called and got over $400 OBC.  So this $400 Royal Up upgrade was basically a wash for me.  I feel like I really scored here.  

Edited by Aquahound
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

 

No worries.  I'm happy to share.  7 nights on Ovation sailing next week.  I was in a Cat D Balcony.  Rates for the JS were about $700 p/p more than the D balcony rate.  I placed the minimum bid of $200 p/p for JS.  That bid that was accepted.  I never modified it.  

 

Funny thing is, the balcony rates dropped by about $200 p/p a few weeks ago.  I called and got over $400 OBC.  So this $400 Royal Up upgrade was basically a wash for me.  I feel like I really scored here.  


We're on the sailing after you... Currently shows no available JS but tons on yours still. Interesting!

We're hoping on something for ours to clear... so anxious. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

 

No worries.  I'm happy to share.  7 nights on Ovation sailing next week.  I was in a Cat D Balcony.  Rates for the JS were about $700 p/p more than the D balcony rate.  I placed the minimum bid of $200 p/p for JS.  That bid that was accepted.  I never modified it.  

 

Funny thing is, the balcony rates dropped by about $200 p/p a few weeks ago.  I called and got over $400 OBC.  So this $400 Royal Up upgrade was basically a wash for me.  I feel like I really scored here.  

 

Well played - congrats!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Aquahound said:

 

No worries.  I'm happy to share.  7 nights on Ovation sailing next week.  I was in a Cat D Balcony.  Rates for the JS were about $700 p/p more than the D balcony rate.  I placed the minimum bid of $200 p/p for JS.  That bid that was accepted.  I never modified it.  

 

Funny thing is, the balcony rates dropped by about $200 p/p a few weeks ago.  I called and got over $400 OBC.  So this $400 Royal Up upgrade was basically a wash for me.  I feel like I really scored here.  

That's great!!  Thanks so much for sharing.  Have a great time!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My credit card has expired after I submitted the bids, but before the cruise. The website says to change the card I need to cancel and resubmit the bids, but does anyone know if I do that for a single bid, does it update the card for all bids, or just the one I’ve cancelled and re-bid? Or will I have different cards against different bids?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shipposting said:

The website says to change the card I need to cancel and resubmit the bids, but does anyone know if I do that for a single bid, does it update the card for all bids, or just the one I’ve cancelled and re-bid?

Welcome to CC.

 

All bids should be done with a functional card. You should update all bids when you re-bid with the new card.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Shipposting said:

My credit card has expired after I submitted the bids, but before the cruise. The website says to change the card I need to cancel and resubmit the bids, but does anyone know if I do that for a single bid, does it update the card for all bids, or just the one I’ve cancelled and re-bid? Or will I have different cards against different bids?

 

A few weeks ago I had to cancel a credit card after a fraudulent charge. I had two bids in and noticed I had used it on one of them so I canceled and re-bid it. So, yes you can definitely use different credit cards on different royalup bids and I would be sure to cancel and re-issue *all* your bids using that same credit card.

Edited by karmamule
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Shipposting said:

My credit card has expired after I submitted the bids, but before the cruise. The website says to change the card I need to cancel and resubmit the bids, but does anyone know if I do that for a single bid, does it update the card for all bids, or just the one I’ve cancelled and re-bid? Or will I have different cards against different bids?

Congratulations!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got my RoyalUp accepted.  Sailing on the Freedom of the Seas on 10/01/21, and went from a inside stateroom to a connecting balcony  (not thrilled about the connecting part) for $50. So for a balcony stateroom, at a grand total of $394.60 for a single passenger, I am happy.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rs45thompson said:

Congratulations!

 

5 hours ago, Shipposting said:

My credit card has expired after I submitted the bids, but before the cruise. The website says to change the card I need to cancel and resubmit the bids, but does anyone know if I do that for a single bid, does it update the card for all bids, or just the one I’ve cancelled and re-bid? Or will I have different cards against different bids?

I'm sorry, I quoted the wrong one.   

Yes you will need to cancel and re-bid with the correct card.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...