RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

Thank you everyone for all your great tips. We’re sailing on Harmony on Sunday - 7 nights from Barcelona. Choosing an Oceanview Balcony Guarantee was half the price of choosing your own stateroom so we went with that. About 6 weeks ago we got the Royal Up email - didn’t bid on spacious or ultra spacious balcony but did on Junior Suite, Grand Suite 1 and 2 bedroom and Owners suite. Bid just over weak for Junior Suite but the rest were like £15 over minimum. 10 days ago all but the Owner’s suite showed expired. Last week got the balcony stateroom number and then today an email to say we’d got an Owner’s suite. Minimum bid was £580 each - I bid £595…

I priced out Owner’s Suites last night - £12000 - I’ve got this for £2300! 
Wendy

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

Thank you everyone for all your great tips. We’re sailing on Harmony on Sunday - 7 nights from Barcelona. Choosing an Oceanview Balcony Guarantee was half the price of choosing your own stateroom so we went with that. About 6 weeks ago we got the Royal Up email - didn’t bid on spacious or ultra spacious balcony but did on Junior Suite, Grand Suite 1 and 2 bedroom and Owners suite. Bid just over weak for Junior Suite but the rest were like £15 over minimum. 10 days ago all but the Owner’s suite showed expired. Last week got the balcony stateroom number and then today an email to say we’d got an Owner’s suite. Minimum bid was £580 each - I bid £595…

I priced out Owner’s Suites last night - £12000 - I’ve got this for £2300! 
Wendy

Great deal, what ship ?

20 minutes ago, George C said:
11 minutes ago, George C said:

We did a owner’s suite on a oasis class it was great , enjoy, only problem is you won’t want to go back to normal cabins.

Lol, at normal prices we’ll never afford it again but I know we will enjoy it this time! Did 8 nights on Celebrity Apex in a Sky Suite and we loved that too. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2flacruisers said:

Ok....I just did a self suite guarantee upgrade....on my receipt on on my account, all it shows is:  #guarantee....what does the # sign mean?

I think the # just means "room number".  

When I look in my Cruise Planner, for a week where I have an assigned room, I see:

CP1.png.3cd6d80cd31c87f9ae8615022822ed00.png

But the next week I have a guarantee room, and I see:

CP2.png.bff56f04c979ee2dd0423fc3d253657b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2021 at 2:35 PM, mttwinmom said:

Just received my royal up e-mail confirming my upgrade from a panoramic view (no balcony) suite on Freedom of the Seas this Monday to a two bedroom suite (two full bathrooms!) My 16 year old's will be thrilled they aren't sleeping in bunkbeds. 

mttwinmom,  Would you mind sharing what you bid?  I have bids in for Freedom on Oct 25, still pending.  Just wanted to see if I was in the ballpark...

P.S. Just realized you are on your cruise!!  Would appreciate a reply when you return.  Enjoy!!

One day after boarding I got the news that I did not win my star loft suite. However this morning I read that a woman spent $69 for Bingo and won the crown loft suite A few doors down from me. She put the pictures of herself on the room and that's how I knew it was her room. And for any doubters that is proof that you can actually win a suite the ship

• Like 1

11 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

One day after boarding I got the news that I did not win my star loft suite. However this morning I read that a woman spent $69 for Bingo and won the crown loft suite A few doors down from me. She put the pictures of herself on the room and that's how I knew it was her room. And for any doubters that is proof that you can actually win a suite the ship

At Bingo last week someone offered the "winner" of the bingo suite $1,000 in cash to "buy" the upgrade from them.  RCI was fine with it as they said the week before someone paid $1,500 to buy the upgrade... definitely cheaper than a royal up offer, although you don't get the room until day 2 or so...

On 10/11/2021 at 7:10 PM, George C said:

We did a owner’s suite on a oasis class it was great , enjoy, only problem is you won’t want to go back to normal cabins.

That's a fact.  Just came off Ovation in Alaska last week.  Upgraded to a 2br grand suite.  We're ruined.

• Like 3

How do I know I have successfully made a bid? Everytime I load the site, it asks me to make a bid, I do, it says that "you've made the bid." I'll leave, return to have it asking to make a bid again.

Edit: nevermind, there is a continue button I didn't see

Edited by christ0ph

18 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

Good to know those people that pay and win really do get the prize.

I'd bet RCCL made more on bingo cards from all the folks that didn't win than the RoyalUp offers (well, perhaps except in covid times)...

On 10/11/2021 at 9:09 PM, brillohead said:

I think the # just means "room number".  

When I look in my Cruise Planner, for a week where I have an assigned room, I see:

CP1.png.3cd6d80cd31c87f9ae8615022822ed00.png

But the next week I have a guarantee room, and I see:

CP2.png.bff56f04c979ee2dd0423fc3d253657b.png

Update:  my reservation now says SUITE #GTY....

Edited by 2flacruisers
spelling
  • Like 2

On 10/7/2021 at 2:50 PM, bajathree said:

The current cost difference between a GS to a CLS on my Dec Allure sailing is $508/pp ...so really not that different from what you bid.

But the  relative number isn't what it costs now but the difference between what he paid initially and the price now.

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Got our Royal up offer for Liberty of the Seas 12/12.

I bid on the GS, 2BD GS, OS, VS and RS...  for the GS and OS's I bid fair and the others I bid weak bids.  We'd be lost in the mammoth space of a villa suite but it'd still be fun... 

Same for us in our celebrity penthouse, it was a amazing experience, we did bid for a star class suite for our allure cruise next month. 

54 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Got our Royal up offer for Liberty of the Seas 12/12.

I bid on the GS, 2BD GS, OS, VS and RS...  for the GS and OS's I bid fair and the others I bid weak bids.  We'd be lost in the mammoth space of a villa suite but it'd still be fun... 

WOW!  The fact that you found out this early is awesome!  Most I'm seeing aren't finding out until a few days before cruise.

10 minutes ago, sandc4e said:

WOW!  The fact that you found out this early is awesome!  Most I'm seeing aren't finding out until a few days before cruise.

I'm on the same one with tree skier, and we all got royal ups. I like interior view, I live alone, like to see action, so I'm good with a promenade but the royal ups wierd. No suites offered, but for $60 I can get a oceanview, but for $50, $10 less I can bid on a spacious ocean view, or for $60 same as regular, a panoramic spacious ocean view. 

Seems like a regular ocean view would be the lowest price. I'm a if it isnt a suite I'll keep my promenade. Ready to be around people. 

Yes more than a month ahead they sent out royal ups. 

35 minutes ago, sandc4e said:

I think you misunderstood my post.  I received the offer to Royalup not a winning bid.  I don't expect to hear anything until December at the earliest.

• Like 2