Jump to content

RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)


John&LaLa
 Share

Recommended Posts

We bid and won a GS in August for an Alaska cruise on Royal.  Had an MSC cruise in the caribbean last month and noticed that the bidding system was the same as used by Royal.  Just got off the Independence this morning after four days.  For fun, I looked up my bids for that.  The day before we left, the bid for a GS was marked as 'Not Available" or something like that.  Today, after the cruise, that bid is now marked as "Flight has departed".

 

Pretty apparent that it is some other company doing these bids for Royal (and MSC) and that they were involved in flight bids prior to this.  Probably why if you call Royal about bids, they don't know anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pretzlaff said:

Pretty apparent that it is some other company doing these bids for Royal (and MSC) and that they were involved in flight bids prior to this. 

The company is Plusgrade, and yes, the majority of their customers are airlines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m currently in a connecting ocean view balcony with my kids. My husband and I are in one room, and my kids (16 & 11) are in the other room. The room with the adults received a Royal up offer email. I submitted some bids but i’m wondering if they’re even going to consider us because technically the adult room would be moved from the kids room. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SunnyFlowers said:

I submitted some bids but i’m wondering if they’re even going to consider us because technically the adult room would be moved from the kids room.

They are not going to consider any related booking - your bid will not depend on it. 

Edited by Biker19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SunnyFlowers said:

I submitted some bids but i’m wondering if they’re even going to consider us because technically the adult room would be moved from the kids room.

As Biker19 said, that will not be a consideration.  The only concern would be that you could be moved to a completely separate deck, on the other end of the ship.  You don't have any control on where they place you.  If you are upgraded, and there are similar rooms available, you can possibly call in to ask to switch to a room closer to them, but there is no guarantee.  Would you be comfortable being, possibly, several decks apart?  When we book connecting, we don't place bids for this reason.  But, that is your call as the parent, since you know their maturity levels and behavior traits.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, wesnliz said:

I’m getting an error that cruise my be within 30 days (19 days out) any one have this issue? Just booked it about hour ago

It takes some time for Royal Up to sync with the RCIs bookings system.
 

It’s a different company that runs the program.

 

My guess there is some scheduled job at Royal Up that gets a feed from the RCI reservations system for Royal Up participation.
 

When that feed occurs and how Royal determines who is eligible for the Royal Up program is anyones guess. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On our October cruise on jewel we did a royal up for the minimum price plus 10£ on a gs from a Js we found out we had been upgraded 2days before royal had informed us , how because the suite concierge sent us an email as they do to all their guests 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I received the email for the 12/5 Allure sailing on October 6 and again on  November 28.  The minimum bids had been reduced $35 to $90 pp.  Now, two days later, I received another email with a “Promo” offer; the ocean view balcony was reduced $10 pp.  I am not interested because I want the Central Park balcony with the double balcony that I have booked.  I don’t think I have seen anyone mention the “Promo” offer in the past.

 

 

340DFA1B-BEF1-4743-BC06-39CD58E520FD.png

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vinnyv20032003 said:

Does anyone know how close to sailing you may be eligible to bid and for it to be accepted?

 

We are sailing 12/5 on Allure, still waiting for the "Cruise must be within 30 days" error message to go away to see my upgrade offers. Just booked yesterday.

Unfortunately, with the cruise being so close, my guess is that you will not be invited to bid on this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vinnyv20032003 said:

Does anyone know how close to sailing you may be eligible to bid and for it to be accepted?

 

We are sailing 12/5 on Allure, still waiting for the "Cruise must be within 30 days" error message to go away to see my upgrade offers. Just booked yesterday.

 

8 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Unfortunately, with the cruise being so close, my guess is that you will not be invited to bid on this one.

My cruise is 12/6 and I upgraded myself last weekend to a JS.  I just  bid on a GS and a 2 bedroom GS earlier this morning.  The 2 bedroom one already says cancelled and the GS says pending.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vinnyv20032003 said:

Does anyone know how close to sailing you may be eligible to bid and for it to be accepted?

 

We are sailing 12/5 on Allure, still waiting for the "Cruise must be within 30 days" error message to go away to see my upgrade offers. Just booked yesterday.


I am on that sailing and received my third email offer to bid yesterday.  You might still have a chance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2021 at 12:09 AM, SunnyFlowers said:

I’m currently in a connecting ocean view balcony with my kids. My husband and I are in one room, and my kids (16 & 11) are in the other room. The room with the adults received a Royal up offer email. I submitted some bids but i’m wondering if they’re even going to consider us because technically the adult room would be moved from the kids room. Does anyone have any experience with this?

You would have to split the adults since the 16 year old is too young to anchor the cabin. And I'm not so sure about how they would treat the name swaps.

 

I usually travel with teens. We've had connecting, next door, down the hall, different deck as we came in GTY. Right now I have my 14 year old only and we each have our own cabin and it is connecting. We didn't have connecting cabins on our last cruise. We both SO MUCH PREFER having that connecting door. The only downfall (and not this time as there are only two of us) is when your next door neighbor comes in to steal your bathroom. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So we sail Saturday and all my bids still say pending. Oh well, I only bid a little above minimum on them so I didn’t expect to get any, but since it is our Honeymoon it would have been such a delight.
I’m annoyed at myself that I am disappointed, even though this was the most likely result!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jenna said:

So we sail Saturday and all my bids still say pending. Oh well, I only bid a little above minimum on them so I didn’t expect to get any, but since it is our Honeymoon it would have been such a delight.
I’m annoyed at myself that I am disappointed, even though this was the most likely result!

I could understand the disappointment you feel, but you just need to focus on the other positives about your upcoming cruise for your honeymoon and the decades to come with your new spouse and all the other future cruises you will go on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2021 at 4:27 AM, atabs12 said:

I think that is the case for my bid as well. I bid on GS and JS. The GS expired about a week ago. JS locked and pending. I bid max of 220/pp. We sail on 11/28. Have not received a email either yes or no. 

Did you wind up winning the bid JS?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways - Journey Through Europe
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...