RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

How is the base price set from which they say ok now its 50 or 25% off sale?

There's some "normal" default min price depending on the category/ship you are booked in.

Edited by Biker19

4 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Even though we're all in single cabins? Doesn't Royal Up still charge for two people?

Yes, the Royal Up overall cost is double whatever you bid on the sliding scale. It doesn't matter who is where, the only person(s) who get the official perks is/are the person(s) officially booked in the winning cabin.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, the Royal Up overall cost is double whatever you bid on the sliding scale. It doesn't matter who is where, the only person(s) who get the official perks is/are the person(s) officially booked in the winning cabin.

Thanks for the info, although it sucks. Ha!

1 hour ago, vegas7df said:

The past 2 Royal Up's I did we were notified 2 and 3 days prior to boarding that it was accepted.  We cruise tomorrow and when I checked one is still pending and the other can be modified. If the status is the same tomorrow I'll assume we didn't get the upgrade? 

Thanks

Keep checking the RoyalUp site.  Sometimes the locked bid gets accepted.  So, I would continue to check to see if RoyalUp accepts that bid or declined it.  Please come back and let us know what happens and when.  I’ll cross my fingers for you.

1 minute ago, TYMAN said:

The upside is private bathrooms. Lol! Thanks

I understand.  Sometimes we have booked separately, too.  Royal up is not part of that decision.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

It is a downside of booking separate cabins.

13 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

The upside is private bathrooms. Lol! Thanks

And double double points if you booked while the promo was still on😇  I wish I had booked a couple of placeholders

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas7df said:

The past 2 Royal Up's I did we were notified 2 and 3 days prior to boarding that it was accepted.  We cruise tomorrow and when I checked one is still pending and the other can be modified. If the status is the same tomorrow I'll assume we didn't get the upgrade? 

Thanks

I reread you post and realized I really should not reply before my first cup of coffee. I now realize now you said your bid can still be modified, so my comment about a locked bid does not apply.  Sorry about that.  Still, I would go to the RoyalUp website right before you check in; if your bids are still pending and can be modified, I would interpret that your bids have effectively been declined,even if you have not gotten the email.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Gtxdi2 said:

We are in a similar situation. Made four bids on our 2/14 sailing, three are showing expired and one is pending with no option to modify/cancel. It has been this way for almost two weeks. 

We bid on 8 suite options all for just over minimum, maybe $10-$20 per person. After about a week 7 showed expired. CLS has been pending for an additional 4 days. Got an email this morning that we were upgraded for our 02.05.2022 Symphony cruise. It's my hubby's retirement cruise so we are super excited. Our 13 night European cruise for our 40th anniversary was canceled as well as 2 others. This will be first time in a CLS so excited for a new experience! We had a GS on Allure once and it was awesome with the perks.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, TYMAN said:

Thanks for the info, although it sucks. Ha!

I'm solo too. Usually just let these go. First time bidding only because they had a larger spacious balcony, which I assume is more rare and little chance of winning. Just for fun to see how it works but yep I too hate that if I won it charges me x 2. I got the aft corner the week before and have to change cabins anyway. I think all solos hate the x 2. I only bid because I've never had that category. 

Its forever away, march 27. Too long to wait. 

To bid or not to bid that is the question  Sale price $50 pp (I'm solo so $100 ) for a GS or $100 pp ($200) for a 2 bedroom GS 4 nights Mariner- have a rock bargain balcony price now  just under $500 for 4 nights

So far I am 0 for 5 or 6 have on winning

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I read on a celebrity thread that if you cancel and got a move up acceptance, you do not get the refund for the move up in the event of any cancellation.  Is this the case with royal also?  I also never verified this, but canceled my upgrade bid

Perhaps I'm not understanding but if your bid has been accepted your credit card was charged then you cancel for one of the specified (CWC, covid policy protocols or testing positive) reasons the entire amount will either be refunded or as an FCC based on the reason given at time of cancellation.

47 minutes ago, molly361 said:

To bid or not to bid that is the question  Sale price $50 pp (I'm solo so $100 ) for a GS or $100 pp ($200) for a 2 bedroom GS 4 nights Mariner- have a rock bargain balcony price now  just under $500 for 4 nights

So far I am 0 for 5 or 6 have on winning

my 2 cents. - For mariner stay where you are.  The only real benefit is the suite lounge.  The D lounge is just across the hall and uses the VC for overflow.  No extra points. 

My tally for royal up bids is dismal.  O for lots of tries.  Some are even over the minimum. Put in a last minute try on Harmony (you were on) when we were only 2700 passengers, above Min. and still didn't get it.   Worked out as I was happy to keep my same room for the B2B. 

When is your tip?  Have a safe cruise. 

M

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

my 2 cents. - For mariner stay where you are.  The only real benefit is the suite lounge.  The D lounge is just across the hall and uses the VC for overflow.  No extra points. 

My tally for royal up bids is dismal.  O for lots of tries.  Some are even over the minimum. Put in a last minute try on Harmony (you were on) when we were only 2700 passengers, above Min. and still didn't get it.   Worked out as I was happy to keep my same room for the B2B. 

When is your tip?  Have a safe cruise. 

M

Thanks  only other perk on the Mariner would be breakfast in Chops  I also bid on that sailing.  I bid on a CL.  Min was $150 and I think I bid $200  didn't get that one either

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

Perhaps I'm not understanding but if your bid has been accepted your credit card was charged then you cancel for one of the specified (CWC, covid policy protocols or testing positive) reasons the entire amount will either be refunded or as an FCC based on the reason given at time of cancellation.

What the poster said you will not get back the amount you paid to the upgrade company.  However as i said I didn’t verify.  We are in a royal suite and we’re considering upgrading to a penthouse.  The minimum bid was expensive and I didn’t want to risk the amount.  We canceled a royal cruise and didn’t have covid but when covid started to increase we backed out.  We got all of our money refunded including the money paid to upgrade to a star class suite.  But we booked 2 years ago and perhaps the rules were different or the information i read wasn’t true

10 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The denial email could come as late as the night of sail away.

Or not at all. We never heard anything about our bid for a GS.  However a first time RC cruiser got his bid from a balcony to GS for $225.00.  Gotta wonder how they decide.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, imola said:

Or not at all. We never heard anything about our bid for a GS.  However a first time RC cruiser got his bid from a balcony to GS for $225.00.  Gotta wonder how they decide.  

It would be VERY interesting to know what the algorithm is.  Do they factor in C&A membership?  If bids are the same and from the same current category cabin - is it based on who bid first?   It'd be nice if this process was more transparent. 

Here is an odd one that I have not seen described...  We've all read about how prior to being advised of a winning bid other bids are marked as cancelled and the remaining bid shows pending but cannot be modified. I went in to my Royalup bids just now and one of the three shows cancelled and the two remaining still show as pending.  They are still able to be cancelled or modified.  Anyone ever here of this scenario?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moonltnite said:

It would be VERY interesting to know what the algorithm is.  Do they factor in C&A membership?  If bids are the same and from the same current category cabin - is it based on who bid first?   It'd be nice if this process was more transparent. 

Or maybe its based on who paid the most for their current cabin. ..usually a newbie.