RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

9 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

It seems unlikely that anyone would involuntary lose their pre purchased packages.

I agree.  The only time I have heard of cruise planner purchases being involuntarily cancelled was when the entire cruise is cancelled either on purpose or by the cruise line, (for whatever reason).  Upgrading (either on your own or via RoyalUp) should not affect your cruise planner purchases.

2 hours ago, alohayall said:

I don’t know what is normal for RoyalUp when going through a travel agent - but so many aspects of the cruise booking have to go through the Travel Agent if you use one.  Do you get any emails directly from Royal?

I received a RoyalUp email and my TA sent me an email.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, berbician said:

That is great news. Congratulations. Just curious what ship are you on and if you don't mind sharing what amount was your  bid?  I am on Wonder of the Seas the March 18th and I did a Bid, the lowest amount for a 1 bedroom GS.  Thanks    

Harmony sailing Feb 20.  I bid $1,025 each.  We got a great deal on the cruise itself, balcony.  This is still a few thousand less than the advertised price.

I then went and cancelled our internet package since the Suite has it already.

Friends on the Harmony now, bid a total of $1,000 to move from Junior Suite to Crown Loft and got accepted.

You just never know.

Edited by Deb1953
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, alohayall said:

I don’t know what is normal for RoyalUp when going through a travel agent - but so many aspects of the cruise booking have to go through the Travel Agent if you use one.  Do you get any emails directly from Royal?

Nothing about this, but have been getting other emails for the cruise.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Deb1953 said:

Harmony sailing Feb 20.  I bid $1,025 each.  We got a great deal on the cruise itself, balcony.  This is still a few thousand less than the advertised price.

I then went and cancelled our internet package since the Suite has it already.

Friends on the Harmony now, bid a total of $1,000 to move from Junior Suite to Crown Loft and got accepted.

You just never know.

You sure don't.  We've had min bids accepted to upgrade to a 2br GS, and what we considered 'very high' bids to move up that were declined.  Comfort level of cost is the key to the proper bid.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrg0433 said:

I can’t find email RC sent me to upgrade from oceanview to balcony so can anyone tell me how to make bid offer?  We r  C&A. Diamond level.   Should I call them to help?

Google Royalup for a link, then put in your last name and Reservation ID, it will take you to the page where you can bid.

Just got my offer to do the Royal up, But we have a Balcony Ocean view garneted for Harmony of the sea ? 

The option  for spacious ov balcony  ? Not sure how much bigger that room really is compared to standard  OV balcony and  what it worth bidding on. Min was 125 and Ultra Spacious was 200 for BOV 

I did put one bid in for GS but the other suites were way to expensive for my budget 

20 minutes ago, phnett said:

Just got my offer to do the Royal up, But we have a Balcony Ocean view garneted for Harmony of the sea ? 

The option  for spacious ov balcony  ? Not sure how much bigger that room really is compared to standard  OV balcony and  what it worth bidding on. Min was 125 and Ultra Spacious was 200 for BOV 

I did put one bid in for GS but the other suites were way to expensive for my budget 

“Spacious OV balcony” on RoyalUp seems like sort of a mishmash, making it difficult to know just what one might win.  I believe there is a disclaimer on RoyalUp saying either the cabin or the balcony might be larger; I think the photo is misleading.  If you won on Harmony, I suspect you might be assigned a cabin with a larger balcony and you would not know the location on the ship (so it could be noisy).  Personally, if I were already in an OV balcony in a location I liked, I would not bother to bid for the “spacious balcony” category, as I might pay to end up with a bigger balcony but in a location I liked much less.  Just my opinion. 

I don’t know what BOV means.

The GS is a nice option, especially as that bid is within budget.  Remember you will get suite lounge access with drinks, Coastal Kitchen, suite Sun deck, VOOM internet, and a bit higher gratuities.

44 minutes ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

I got a Royal Up email 89 days out....that's a bit early right?

Wow, I tried to get into the system and got a message saying I was not 30 days out.  You're lucky!

6 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Wow, I tried to get into the system and got a message saying I was not 30 days out.  You're lucky!

Many are allowed to bid sooner.  The “30 day” notice seems to be a pretty generic error message for the RoyalUp system.  It comes up if I go to the site very soon after I book (even if cruise is soon), if I make a typo, or if it is indeed too soon.  I believe those not invited to bid (including those whose travel agencies do not participate) get such messages, too.

19 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

I got an email that took me directly to the bid page. I've never seen anything earlier than 30 days either. 

6 minutes ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

I got an email that took me directly to the bid page. I've never seen anything earlier than 30 days either. 

We just received our RoyalUp email invitation this week to bid 59 days before our cruise...  And FYI  I had checked that link the day before (at 60 days out) and got the "30 day" notice.

Edited by Ready2SailAway
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

Many are allowed to bid sooner.  The “30 day” notice seems to be a pretty generic error message for the RoyalUp system.  It comes up if I go to the site very soon after I book (even if cruise is soon), if I make a typo, or if it is indeed too soon.  I believe those not invited to bid (including those whose travel agencies do not participate) get such messages, too.

My reservation is made with  a "big box" travel agency so perhaps that is why I am not able to gain access.  Thanks.

40 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

My reservation is made with  a "big box" travel agency so perhaps that is why I am not able to gain access.  Thanks.

Posts on CruiseCritic indicate one of the big box agencies does not participate in the bidding programs, so it could be the reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1