RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

Hang in there with your bids.  We bid from JS for GS, OS and Royal.  They all showed as gone for two weeks before we sailed on 2/6 and then on the day before we sailed we were notified that we got the Royal Suite.  I bid a lot for it (2k) but man was it worth every penny.  Spoiled and catered to all week.

11 minutes ago, pwguy said:

Hang in there with your bids.  We bid from JS for GS, OS and Royal.  They all showed as gone for two weeks before we sailed on 2/6 and then on the day before we sailed we were notified that we got the Royal Suite.  I bid a lot for it (2k) but man was it worth every penny.  Spoiled and catered to all week.

I need this energy lol

Got our RU email yesterday for our May 2nd TA on Anthem - was seriously surprised by how early it was because we're still 70+ days out. Regardless, they got me...no one else bid for a Star Class room please! I'd like to win one of my bids! 😂😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

One of my clients just had their bid of $275pp accepted to go from an Owners suite to the Grand Loft Suite on Odyssey.  That is a great deal to make the jump to Star Class.

For which sailing? This weekend?

1 hour ago, Russ Lomas said:

Thanks. Got the upgrade today. $190 Canadian (about $150) total from interior to balcony for March 12th on the Odyssey

Very good, I’m happy for you that you got it. Congrats 😀. I got mine too earlier today and looking forward to our sailing.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, yvonnedb said:

Got our RU email yesterday for our May 2nd TA on Anthem - was seriously surprised by how early it was because we're still 70+ days out. 

We also received an early RU email last week for our Apr 29th TA on Jewel. Already in a GS with the sunny balcony for the EB itinerary and staying on for the following sailing (a full charter) in an OV Bal. Both cabins are on the same deck and just five doors apart, so don't think we'll bid on the GS 2Bdrm (diff decks), OS or RS (next door).

I am on March 18th Wonder of the Seas. I got the Royal up, were currently in a Central Park View Balcony. I did get the following:

JS- $400.00 p/p

Ultra spacious OV w/ large balcony $250.00 p/p

Spacious Ocean view balcony $200.00 p/p

Ocean view Balcony $80.00 p/p

I went in to see what was available and  currently only 3 JS available; 4 ultra spacious OV w/large balcony.  

Can anyone advise on how the Central Park Balconies are. We generally do a regular balcony but in the middle and higher up.  I appreciate everyone's advice and opinions on this. 

April 

16 minutes ago, april_4_us said:

I am on March 18th Wonder of the Seas. I got the Royal up, were currently in a Central Park View Balcony. I did get the following:

JS- $400.00 p/p

I went in to see what was available and  currently only 3 JS available; 4 ultra spacious OV w/large balcony.  

Can anyone advise on how the Central Park Balconies are. We generally do a regular balcony but in the middle and higher up.  I appreciate everyone's advice and opinions on this. 

April 

April, people’s opinion of Central Park balconies is a bit peripheral to this (wonderful but already long) thread.  If multiple people sharing such opinions here will send this thread off on a tangent.  I suggest you do a search of this Royal Caribbean forum.  You should find old threads with opinions  and photos of Central Park Cabins.  If not, start a new thread with the question.  Some people, like my DH, really like CP balconies; others really dislike them…you may as well read both.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Vera/Lee said:

Congratulations Russ! 

Thanks Vera.  This will be our first balcony cabin, so I am hoping we like it (I know my wife will love it, but I love the darkness for sleeping in an interior cabin.  We have balconies booked (corner aft on the Mariner and Central Park on the Oasis) on 2 of our next 3 cruises.  Nice meeting you back on the Odyssey last August and I hope our paths cross again one day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

April, people’s opinion of Central Park balconies is a bit peripheral to this (wonderful but already long) thread.  If multiple people sharing such opinions here will send this thread off on a tangent.  I suggest you do a search of this Royal Caribbean forum.  You should find old threads with opinions  and photos of Central Park Cabins.  If not, start a new thread with the question.  Some people, like my DH, really like CP balconies; others really dislike them…you may as well read both.

We enjoyed the central park balcony.  However I would definitely prefer a junior suite

• Like 1

2 hours ago, april_4_us said:

JS- $400.00 p/p

April 

Just curious, why did you bid 250pp on the Ultra Spacious but 400pp on the JS? On the Oasis class ship, it appears (at least to me) that the Ultra Spacious are just as big (if not bigger) than the JS, especially if you have kids the bunk beds would be awesome. I am in a similar situation, bidding on upgrades on the Oasis and trying to decide if it was worth upping my JS bid (which is at $150, but I bid $250pp for the Ultra Spacious room). Just curious as to another perspective on why the JS is worth so much more of a bid to you? Is there a specific perk you think makes it worth it to you?

14 hours ago, long4acruise said:

We also received an early RU email last week for our Apr 29th TA on Jewel. Already in a GS with the sunny balcony for the EB itinerary and staying on for the following sailing (a full charter) in an OV Bal. Both cabins are on the same deck and just five doors apart, so don't think we'll bid on the GS 2Bdrm (diff decks), OS or RS (next door).

We're booked for a spa junior suite, so if we don't win any of our bids, I'm ok with it. We got good deals on our drink packages, etc so it's all good. But I won't complain if we win, especially since it's a major year anniversary trip. 😉

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Thank you for your advice, I too would love to have the JS, I just dont think I can justify the price. Thats a great down payment on another cruise in my eyes. Plus its just my daughter and I. 

2 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Just curious, why did you bid 250pp on the Ultra Spacious but 400pp on the JS? On the Oasis class ship, it appears (at least to me) that the Ultra Spacious are just as big (if not bigger) than the JS, especially if you have kids the bunk beds would be awesome. I am in a similar situation, bidding on upgrades on the Oasis and trying to decide if it was worth upping my JS bid (which is at $150, but I bid $250pp for the Ultra Spacious room). Just curious as to another perspective on why the JS is worth so much more of a bid to you? Is there a specific perk you think makes it worth it to you?

I haven't bid yet this is the starting bids on my royal up page.  I also am going with just my daughter so I really don't need bunk beds. We also anticipate that we will not be in the room a ton either. I am basically just thinking it might be a nice experience. We have generally had balconies on a higher floor and that is what makes me nervous about bidding and getting like a floor 7 vs the central park on 12 we currently have. I wanted to see if the experience people had by having the central park vs the balconies were swayed one way or another. 

april

• Like 1

1 minute ago, etravel said:

So if we are on the April 30th sailing of the Symphony of the Seas, about when does the Royal Up offer potentially happen? Thanks...

you can look on the website now just type in royal up, in a google search bar and enter your last name and booking number. It will tell you if they have that option at this time. I personally got an email. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, april_4_us said:

you can look on the website now just type in royal up, in a google search bar and enter your last name and booking number. It will tell you if they have that option at this time. I personally got an email. 

April, thank you mine is in there! So it says if you upgrade you don't get the additional "promotions" so does that mean if you got in a Grand Suite for example, you wouldn't get the free Zoom like it has if you did it through a regular reservation? But even the Sea and Sky classes get the Coastal Kitchen dining I guess? Thanks...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, april_4_us said:

I haven't bid yet this is the starting bids on my royal up page.  I also am going with just my daughter so I really don't need bunk beds. We also anticipate that we will not be in the room a ton either. I am basically just thinking it might be a nice experience. We have generally had balconies on a higher floor and that is what makes me nervous about bidding and getting like a floor 7 vs the central park on 12 we currently have. I wanted to see if the experience people had by having the central park vs the balconies were swayed one way or another. 

april

Oasis class ships are so large that you cannot be close to everything; any room is far from something or another.  So, my favorite location may not be your in the end.

That said, I find the balconies on lower decks on Oasis class to be convenient; I think you will find many who agree with me.  I particularly like deck 8 (Central Park is a nice pass through rather than down the passenger hallway, plus there are restaurants and bars) as well as deck 6 (Boardwalk and bars).  There are people who practically live on the pool deck, so they might go with 12 and some even say 14.

For Central Park balconies, I tend to select the lower decks (10 or 11, though I’ll accept 12) rather than the higher ones, as they get a bit less noise carried down from pool deck and are closer to the trees and night time music in the park)

4 minutes ago, etravel said:

April, thank you mine is in there! So it says if you upgrade you don't get the additional "promotions" so does that mean if you got in a Grand Suite for example, you wouldn't get the free Zoom like it has if you did it through a regular reservation? But even the Sea and Sky classes get the Coastal Kitchen dining I guess? Thanks...

Yes, with a RoyalUp full suite you’d get the zoom, CK, suite lounge perks.  Unless you are already in a JS, you would not get the bonus C&Apoint.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, etravel said:

So if we are on the April 30th sailing of the Symphony of the Seas, about when does the Royal Up offer potentially happen? Thanks...

I am also on that sailing, I received my offer on 2/15. Or did you mean when do you hear back from an offer? Last time I didn't hear back until several days prior to sailing. Hope that helps.

11 minutes ago, etravel said:

Be aware Sea Class only gets access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner and only if space is available.