RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

Anyone hear about their Royal Up bid for Odyssey of the Seas for this Sunday June 12, 2022?   I finally got offered a Royal up on Saturday, I bid on all 5 different suites.  Being so close to the cruise date, I have no idea if we have a chance or not. 

Edited by Tillyx79

Just now, Tillyx79 said:

Anyone hear about their Royal Up bid for Odyssey of the Seas for June 12, 2002?

Welcome to CC.

Might want to also ask this of cruisers on your sailing (via the Roll Call thread or FB).

On June 1, three of my bids went to "expired" and one stayed at "pending" and I couldn't modify or cancel.  On June 2, I got the notification that we were upgraded.

Cruise is June 14 on Adventure of the Seas.

Bid $400 per person/$800 total.  Slightly above the minimum....I went over minimum by about 2-3 notches.

Went from spacious ocean view balcony (corner aft) to Owner's Suite.  Downgrade in our balcony (I think) but upgrade everything else!  Our first suite, so excited to experience.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, TJA27 said:

On June 1, three of my bids went to "expired" and one stayed at "pending" and I couldn't modify or cancel.  On June 2, I got the notification that we were upgraded.

Bid $400 per person/$800 total.  Slightly above the minimum....I went over minimum by about 2-3 notches.

Went from spacious ocean view balcony (corner aft) to Owner's Suite.  Downgrade in our balcony (I think) but upgrade everything else!  Our first suite, so excited to experience.

So much better!  We had aft corner balcony- lots of soot- too much sun- the Owners suite with all of the perks a wonderful experience- you will love it!  Breakfast served in a specialty restaurant- unforunately this ship doesn't have a suite restaurant or suite deck.   Enjoy

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TJA27 said:

Congratulations! What a wonderful upgrade! I’m wondering: did the suites category show a lot of availability on the website when you placed your bid? I’m sailing on the Wonder in a little over two weeks. I’m in a JS and bid on a GS, OS and CLS. I’m not very hopeful because the website doesn’t show any GS or OS available and only shows one CLS and a 2 bedroom AS. There are 3 JS available also, so it’s not like they might be an anxious to move me because they need mine. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Congratulations! What a wonderful upgrade! I’m wondering: did the suites category show a lot of availability on the website when you placed your bid? I’m sailing on the Wonder in a little over two weeks. I’m in a JS and bid on a GS, OS and CLS. I’m not very hopeful because the website doesn’t show any GS or OS available and only shows one CLS and a 2 bedroom AS. There are 3 JS available also, so it’s not like they might be an anxious to move me because they need mine. 

Yes, a lot of availability showed for especially the GS category (17 were showing) and also the OS category had 9 showing.  Only had one 2bd GS showing and one RS showing (I think that's all there is on that ship).  I actually thought I might get a GS because so many were showing and it's so much less cost-wise than the OS.  I'm thinking they awarded Royal-Ups about a week before I got mine because suddenly one day every single GS was gone.  But all 9 OS were still there.  After mine was awarded, I checked online and there were/still are 2 OS left showing available.

Good luck to you!!  It was my first time bidding and we're relatively new to cruising and have only stayed in regular balcony rooms.

Edited by TJA27

34 minutes ago, TJA27 said:

Yes, a lot of availability showed for especially the GS category (17 were showing) and also the OS category had 9 showing.  Only had one 2bd GS showing and one RS showing (I think that's all there is on that ship).  I actually thought I might get a GS because so many were showing and it's so much less cost-wise than the OS.  I'm thinking they awarded Royal-Ups about a week before I got mine because suddenly one day every single GS was gone.  But all 9 OS were still there.  After mine was awarded, I checked online and there were/still are 2 OS left showing available.

Good luck to you!!  It was my first time bidding and we're relatively new to cruising and have only stayed in regular balcony rooms.

Thank you for your response. Have a wonderful cruise. You are going to be spoiled by the OS.

• Like 2

We sail in August on Ovation in Alaska.  Just checked the site and we bid on 5 upgrades. 4 say pending and it allows me to modify only one- not the other four.  Any clue what this means?

1 hour ago, JacqueO said:

We sail in August on Ovation in Alaska.  Just checked the site and we bid on 5 upgrades. 4 say pending and it allows me to modify only one- not the other four.  Any clue what this means?

That sounds like an IT problem.  Perhaps try on a different device or switch to a different browser or at least clear your cache.  

1 hour ago, JacqueO said:

Did you click on each of your other bids?  You have to click where it says upgrade type (the room)

Edited by robyn206

4 minutes ago, robyn206 said:

Did you click on each of your other bids?  You have to click where it says upgrade type (the room)

You are a genius.  I wasn't doing that.  Just saw that I could change the top one and the others said pending and I got ALL excited. lol  Oops.  Yes you are correct if i pick the others they then populate to the top and I can modify.  Whomp Whomp (sad trombone) lol

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

I am truly amazed on how we got 3 offers of upgrades for our August Allure cruise and all sights show no cabins available above us.

I guess it is "just in case someone cancels"

Take care

I'd venture on the larger ships there are some people who end up testing positive - as to how many that impacts, I'd be interested to know!

Tom

Our cruise next month on Serenade is pretty much “full” other than inside cabins.  I received my Royal up offers weeks ago, and at that time I could book one ocean view, no balconies and the owners suite but I had offers on many different types.  It’s moved around a bit since the offer (or they added cabins) but back to one connecting ocean view, no balconies and a grand suite. I am a GTY ocean view and bid minimum on all categories from balcony to suite, but not the owners suite. I can check in tomorrow, so if I find out my room, I may adjust my bids or add one for the larger ocean views. 

I also believe that when most people were booking the summer cruises the lines had anticipated a reduced number of passengers and leaving more cabins empty.  However based on my last cruise, seems like the ships are now sailing at capacity- so more cabins and now available.  We got an upgrade with a reasonable bid.

1 hour ago, tsixr said:

Thanks then no point in waiting. I think I will pass on the grand suite. $3k per person is a bit rich for my blood 😂

Yikes! That's steep! I just bid on a Grand Suite for my Aug. Oasis OTS cruise. The Minimum bid is $500 per person from a Central Park Balcony.

I checked in this morning for my Serenade Alaska cruise and best I can tell, my cabin is connecting ocean view on deck 4 port side midship.  Not sure if I will hear noise from deck 5 above or from whatever activity Is on deck 4. As I mentioned above, I have minimum bids on balcony to grand suite, just have to decide if I should bid on spacious or ultraspacious ocean view (hoping for balcony so not sure if bidding on these reduces chances of getting that or increases chances of getting something. Btw a mock booking today shows no ocean view available. 

20 hours ago, tsixr said:

Thanks then no point in waiting. I think I will pass on the grand suite. $3k per person is a bit rich for my blood 😂

What cabin category are you currently in?  That determines what the minimum is for a category.  For example, we're in a JS on EN in July.  Min bid for a 1 br GS is $150/person and each category higher goes up in price.   It was the same for our April b2b cruises on EN also.  

Edited by BND

26 minutes ago, GCS2000 said:

I am confused about those who are getting offers for Aug cruises.  I thought you had to be sailing within 30 days to do Royal Up

No, that's an error the website shows (for a whole bunch of reasons) when you can't bid. You could get an offer (or able to bid) just about anytime inside final payment (90 days).

Biker, who got an offer 75 days out.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1