RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

10 minutes ago, TanaQ said:

2/15 from Bayonne. 

I'm on this sailing !  YIPPEE !!

They are actually showing at least 1 obstructed balcony room on the website today for this sailing and the OS that was showing for the following sailing (2-23) is still there, too.

10 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I'm on this sailing !  YIPPEE !!

They are actually showing at least 1 obstructed balcony room on the website today for this sailing and the OS that was showing for the following sailing (2-23) is still there, too.

Oh hey cruise friend!

My son and I will be on deck 11. Are you from the tri state area?

Cruising Feb 17 on Liberty of the Seas. Was booked in an Oceanview room. Got my RoyalUP offer on 1/6 and bid $200 per person on balcony, Jr Suite, and Jr Panoramic Suite.

Got my email today that we've been upgraded to a balcony room! I'm super happy! Even better? Today is my birthday, so I got a birthday upgrade! I'm not telling my husband- I will let it be a surprise when we board. This will be his first cruise.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 3bzmom said:

Cruising Feb 17 on Liberty of the Seas. Was booked in an Oceanview room. Got my RoyalUP offer on 1/6 and bid $200 per person on balcony, Jr Suite, and Jr Panoramic Suite.

Got my email today that we've been upgraded to a balcony room! I'm super happy! Even better? Today is my birthday, so I got a birthday upgrade! I'm not telling my husband- I will let it be a surprise when we board. This will be his first cruise.

Yay for you and Happy Birthday!  I originally booked way in advance, had to cancel due to possible medical issues. 

Then was able to rebook within 90 days of the sailing and paid 900 less than previously. So the total 120 upgrade is just fine by me! 

4 minutes ago, TanaQ said:

Yay for you and Happy Birthday!  I originally booked way in advance, had to cancel due to possible medical issues. 

Then was able to rebook within 90 days of the sailing and paid 900 less than previously. So the total 120 upgrade is just fine by me! 

Thank you! I'm glad you were able to rebook. My husband was sick the first 5 years of our marriage, so this will be our first vacation together. We originally booked Ocean View because it was all we could afford. I tried to upgrade in December after we got our bonuses, but they were all sold out. I know it was more than a $400 difference between ocean view and balcony originally, so I feel happy all the way around!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 3bzmom said:

Was booked in an Oceanview room. Got my RoyalUP offer on 1/6 and bid $200 per person on balcony, Jr Suite, and Jr Panoramic Suite.

Got my email today that we've been upgraded to a balcony room! 

How much was the list price upgrade?

Has anyone figured out if everyone receives the same Royal UP email offer for a particular sailing when the emails are going out OR are the minimum bids based on the cruise fare paid?  

For example, do person A, who has a Junior Suite with a $2000 cruise fare for two, and person B, who also has a Junior Suite but a much better fare for two at $1000 total, receive the same offer to bid on a Grand Suite, such as $300?  Or does person A get an offer to bid $300 and person B get a much higher offer to bid due to their lower fare?

Thx

55 minutes ago, atgood said:

Has anyone figured out if everyone receives the same Royal UP email offer for a particular sailing when the emails are going out OR are the minimum bids based on the cruise fare paid?  

For example, do person A, who has a Junior Suite with a $2000 cruise fare for two, and person B, who also has a Junior Suite but a much better fare for two at $1000 total, receive the same offer to bid on a Grand Suite, such as $300?  Or does person A get an offer to bid $300 and person B get a much higher offer to bid due to their lower fare?

Thx

I had asked the same question earlier in thread, but no ideas yet.  The algorithm is not obvious.  Other questions, why do people get successful bids right away?  Why wouldn't RCL wait longer for more bids which may be higher.  Also, I had an offer for a Royal Suite on Serenade which maxes out at 4, but we have 5 in our party.  I didn't bid - but would be interesting to see what happens if someone with 5 won.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sailing_Canuck said:

I had asked the same question earlier in thread, but no ideas yet.  The algorithm is not obvious.  Other questions, why do people get successful bids right away?  Why wouldn't RCL wait longer for more bids which may be higher.  Also, I had an offer for a Royal Suite on Serenade which maxes out at 4, but we have 5 in our party.  I didn't bid - but would be interesting to see what happens if someone with 5 won.

Thanks for summarizing.  Some of the posts about what was offered as a bid don’t tell the whole story.  The total fare price already paying for a cabin is really needed. 

Thats an interesting idea. If it is set up like NCLs then no. Bc I had a cabin with a good price and our family joined us, with a higher price later. We all got the same offer to bid. so original price paid made no difference. It was all based on category.

3 hours ago, atgood said:

Thx

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, atgood said:

Based on anecdotal evidence I would say all bidding is the same regardless of fare paid. 

• Thanks 1

I Just returned from my Rhapsody of the Seas trip. I had an ocean view room,( do not know what class on the 3rd floor,) I bid on a balcony for $200 more PP and won. RC set the bidding: the highest you could bid was $200pp. I found out the night before we left. It was an awesome room, We were upgraded to the aft of the ship, level 7. I could not be happier. When I looked at the costs of the balcony rooms when 1st booking, they were almost double in cost. I do not know how the choose who gets the upgrade, it has to be a lottery system. The ship was full. 

• Like 1

I’m crossing my fingers we get an email. We’re booked in a GS on the May 12th Oasis sailing. I’d LOVE to have the possibility to upgrade to a CL. 

Are most of y’all getting emails around 1 month prior? Just curious about when I need to stalk my email. 

10 minutes ago, liberiben said:

I’m crossing my fingers we get an email. We’re booked in a GS on the May 12th Oasis sailing. I’d LOVE to have the possibility to upgrade to a CL. 

Are most of y’all getting emails around 1 month prior? Just curious about when I need to stalk my email. 

10 minutes ago, liberiben said:

We received ours about 5 weeks before.

2 hours ago, liberiben said:

I am wondering the same thing.  My TA told me today that most people don't hear until 3 days before sailing.  But reading this thread it seems like most people got their offers way earlier than that.

We booked a balcony guarantee for $714 per person (including all taxes and port fees) and bid $150 more per person for a junior suite.  We sail in 6 days...  I will report in if we receive an upgrade.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tennislvr8 said:

Could you roivide details of the offers please? 

Adventure of The Seas March 2/19 (8 nights)

Ocean View From $50 US per person

Ocean View Balcony From  $150 US per person

Panoramic Suite (No Balcony) From $300 US per person

Junior Suite From $350 US per person

Adventure of The Seas March10/19 (6 nights)

Panoramic Suite (No Balcony) From$200 US per person

Junior Suite From $300 US per person

Grand Suite From $400 US per person

Owners Suite From $500 US per person

Royal Suite From $900 US per person

Edited by Bronx12

I got a reminder this morning to bid on an upgrade from my Grand Loft Suite to the Royal Loft Suite (2-15-19 Anthem).  I don't remember ever getting the original offer !  I have no interest in upgrading one Star Class room to another Star Class room.  There are just 2 of us.  How much room could we possibly need ?