RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

12 minutes ago, jmom2004 said:

For which sailing? We're 2/24 FOS and no word on success yet and looks like a full ship.  Thanks

We depart 2/17 on Liberty. Just got our winning bid notification Friday, 2/1. Our ship was showing all categories sold out except interior. I bid $200 per person and we were upgraded from Oceanview to Balcony. I had also bid the same amount on Jr Suite and Jr Panoramic Suite.

Edited by 3bzmom

Just received an upgrade from Jr Suite GTY to crown loft suite on the Allure for February 10 sailing. Originally bid on grand suite upgrade for $450pp. They called today to see if we would take the loft suite for the same price.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bronx12 said:

Adventure of The Seas March 2/19 (8 nights)

Ocean View From $50 US per person

Ocean View Balcony From  $150 US per person

Panoramic Suite (No Balcony) From $300 US per person

Junior Suite From $350 US per person

Adventure of The Seas March10/19 (6 nights)

Panoramic Suite (No Balcony) From$200 US per person

Junior Suite From $300 US per person

Grand Suite From $400 US per person

Owners Suite From $500 US per person

Royal Suite From $900 US per person

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, makeaputt said:

Just received an upgrade from Jr Suite GTY to crown loft suite on the Allure for February 10 sailing. Originally bid on grand suite upgrade for $450pp. They called today to see if we would take the loft suite for the same price.  

Going on the same ship end of March and would LOVE if I got that upgrade. 

Just an FYI: We received our upgrade bid option about 5 weeks before our March 2nd Symphony Cruise. Since this ship was overpriced to begin with I guess it’s not surprising that the upgrade bids are much higher than what others are reporting.

I already have a 1D outside balcony. I believe we paid about $3,600 for the room with tax and fees.

These are the minimum bids:

Junior Suite from $300 pp

Grand Suite from $700 pp

Owner’s Suite from $1,100 pp

Crown Loft Suite from $1,100 pp

Aquatheater - 1 Bedroom from $1,400 pp

Aquatheater - 2 Bedroom from $1,600 pp

For example, if I go to bid on a Grand Suite the maximum bid is $2,400 pp, so $700 is shown as a weak bid. I will not be upgrading this cruise.  Someday I would love to try the sky class suite experience but on a more reasonably priced ship.

Edited by er345

I'm actually curious what happens if you win a bid for a room that only supports 4 people and you have 5 or more in your family.

Since the 5th person goes on a second reservation, is the system intuitive enough to only offer rooms that can accommodate?

Example, on our sailing on Serenade, the Royal Up letter offered the Royal Suite as an option which only has max 4 people.

Also, some of the Owner Suites only have 4 people.    

2 hours ago, Sailing_Canuck said:

I'm actually curious what happens if you win a bid for a room that only supports 4 people and you have 5 or more in your family.

Since the 5th person goes on a second reservation, is the system intuitive enough to only offer rooms that can accommodate?

Example, on our sailing on Serenade, the Royal Up letter offered the Royal Suite as an option which only has max 4 people.

Also, some of the Owner Suites only have 4 people.    

I called because we received a RoyalUp email for our upcoming cruise. There are six of us (4 adults, 2 children) in a two bedroom grand suite. When I clicked through the link to bid, it said our current cabin was just a regular grand suite and gave me options to bid on rooms that only hold 4. The rep said the system wouldn't accept my bids for rooms that only hold 4 but I can't understand why it would even show the options then, another RC IT blunder I suppose. She also said it would automatically move the second reservation, no need to call and confirm. I bid on a two bedroom Aqua suite because the price was fair. 

19 hours ago, makeaputt said:

We are on that sailing.  Did you accept the upgrade? I assume you would unless you don't like stairs

2 hours ago, StevenClarkNB said:

We are on that sailing.  Did you accept the upgrade? I assume you would unless you don't like stairs

Yes we did. Looking forward to trip. We usually try to use stairs as much as possible anyway so a few more shouldn’t hurt. 

I am so excited. Got my first email to Royal Up on my 4/5/19 Serenade cruise.  The bidding starts at $200 for a JS, $400 for a GS, $700 OS or $1200 for a RS.  My questions is, should I do it?  I am currently in a 5 D ocean view and only paid $1476 for it as solo passenger. It's  a 10 night cruise.  Worth it to upgrade?  I know I won't get triple points if I bid so not sure if I should go for it.   

17 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

I am so excited. Got my first email to Royal Up on my 4/5/19 Serenade cruise.  The bidding starts at $200 for a JS, $400 for a GS, $700 OS or $1200 for a RS.  My questions is, should I do it?  I am currently in a 5 D ocean view and only paid $1476 for it as solo passenger. It's  a 10 night cruise.  Worth it to upgrade?  I know I won't get triple points if I bid so not sure if I should go for it.   

Don’t forget that whatever you bid will be doubled. Even a single cruiser pays for 2 in this program.

8 minutes ago, 3bzmom said:

Don’t forget that whatever you bid will be doubled. Even a single cruiser pays for 2 in this program.

Did not know that.  I think I will pass.  There is no benefit in me bidding then.  I have a whole stateroom and a balcony to myself.  I am Diamond Plus and get to enjoy both the DL and CL.  It's not worth it for a Pinnacle and suite party and not triple points.  

14 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

Did not know that.  I think I will pass.  There is no benefit in me bidding then.  I have a whole stateroom and a balcony to myself.  I am Diamond Plus and get to enjoy both the DL and CL.  It's not worth it for a Pinnacle and suite party and not triple points.  

No guarantee on the CL anymore. 😉

1 hour ago, Colorado Babe said:

Not if you are sailing solo and d+.  Unless the extra room is needed.  But that us my take on it and it would be $400 more for a JS so about 33% upcharge for more room. If it was triple points and getting close to P status I might consider it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

No guarantee on the CL anymore. 😉

On Serenade right now and CL is accessible for D+.  Reserved seating for D+ in the theatre is available.   Of course Royal could change all that by the time CB cruises but I hope not.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, frank808 said:

On Serenade right now and CL is accessible for D+.  Reserved seating for D+ in the theatre is available.   Of course Royal could change all that by the time CB cruises but I hope not.

I was just commenting on some other recent sailings that banished the D+ to the DL. 

Seems to be dependent on the number of D+ and PC aboard.  Her sailing is a couple before the TA.  Might be some multi leg passengers aboard 

16 minutes ago, shipmate13 said:

I got an email to bid on an upgrade, when I read the fine print (terms) it made be believe that even if I got the upgrade to a suite, you do not get the benefits that come with it.  That was how I read it but I could be totally wrong. 

You get whatever onboard perks are associated with the stateroom to which to get assigned.

However. you do not get the extra C&A points (if you moved from a non-suite to a suite)  if you pay less than the going rate for the stateroom.

9 hours ago, mishapsandmissy said:

I called because we received a RoyalUp email for our upcoming cruise. There are six of us (4 adults, 2 children) in a two bedroom grand suite. When I clicked through the link to bid, it said our current cabin was just a regular grand suite and gave me options to bid on rooms that only hold 4. The rep said the system wouldn't accept my bids for rooms that only hold 4 but I can't understand why it would even show the options then, another RC IT blunder I suppose. She also said it would automatically move the second reservation, no need to call and confirm. I bid on a two bedroom Aqua suite because the price was fair. 

I suspect it would still accept the bid.

However, when it comes to allocation, I'd expect they would discard that bid when assigning if not suitable.

10 hours ago, StevenClarkNB said:

Did you accept the upgrade? 

Not sure you or perhaps others realize, you have no choice but to accept - it's part of the way Royal Up works. If You don't want the upgrade, don't bid. The old upsell calls you can decline, but not a Royal Up bid once submitted.