RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

16 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The poster was upgraded from D category to C category - it certainly is not worth $1,000, but it was an upgrade.

They must have had some other category. 

The upgrade offer shows that they were also offered an upgrade to a lesser Ocean View Balcony, which means it must have been between their existing cabin, and the misleading "spacious open view balcony" they got "upgraded" to.

Edited by The_Big_M

11 hours ago, Waves2land said:

If anyone is daring enough to do cancel and try to re-bid let me know! 

I've done this a couple of times when the min was raised above my previous bid. Use  the link in your original e-mail offer to get to the Plusgrade site.

21 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

you will get all the benefits with Star class ( gratuities, genie, beverage, specialty dinning) if you win the bid. 

if someone is currently in none suite and upgrade to sky they get all sky suite benefits except for double points.   

So I am confused by this bc if you move from an interior to a Central Park, you do not get the lunch and wine. So why would you get the drinks package in the suites?

And much of my confusion comes from Royals inconsistency. Unlike NCL where it is crystal clear that you get none of the extra perks of Haven, which usually comes with 4 promos. You do of course still get the butler and restaurant.

23 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

So I am confused by this bc if you move from an interior to a Central Park, you do not get the lunch and wine. So why would you get the drinks package in the suites?

And much of my confusion comes from Royals inconsistency. Unlike NCL where it is crystal clear that you get none of the extra perks of Haven, which usually comes with 4 promos. You do of course still get the butler and restaurant.

If you moved to a CP or a BW balcony you would get the perks associated with them

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If you moved to a CP or a BW balcony you would get the perks associated with them

Why do you believe that? The wording specifically says it doesn't. Unless I am missing something. When I called about it, they said no. Not that I expect any reliable info from the phone reps.

22 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

Why do you believe that? The wording specifically says it doesn't. Unless I am missing something. When I called about it, they said no. Not that I expect any reliable info from the phone reps.

When I emailed RCCL and asked if you received the perks associated with the room they said yes you would. You just do not get additional points for suites. 

25 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

This is the response I got:

17A3534F-C1A3-4BD7-8D8E-EB202E733C6D.jpeg

• Like 1

This morning I got an email for this and just to see how it would work put in a minimum(weak) bid for a ocean view cabin. Checked back a while later and minimum bid had risen $140. I suppose this will work for some folks but I will give this one a pass.

I finally got a RoyalUp email, after several people on my Roll Call posted about upgrading in the past couple of weeks. I've been watching the number of balconies available which suddenly has dropped to nothing as of this morning. So, I guess I'm going to be in limbo waiting for cancellations. We booked inside GTY so it is what it is, no high expectations here. I made a weak bid, just not worth going crazy over. 

22 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, when trying to modify the bid.

I am going to recommend that people DO NOT cancel the bid with that message.  I did it and now my bid for the Royal Suite is gone completely.  Bummer.  We bid high and were really looking forward to winning the bid.

I realize we could have initially booked the room if we wanted, but we didn’t have the financial means at the time.

No matter, now we can save the money for our next cruise.

2 minutes ago, Waves2land said:

I am going to recommend that people DO NOT cancel the bid with that message.  I did it and now my bid for the Royal Suite is gone completely.  Bummer.  

It could very well be that that is an indication that they are no longer taking any bids so in essence they cancelled your bid anyway.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

It could very well be that that is an indication that they are no longer taking any bids so in essence they cancelled your bid anyway.

Yes, I see that now.  But again, we are happy we are going on a cruise and we now have the financial means to book the suite outright.  Blessing in disguise! 

17 hours ago, Waves2land said:

Got an answer for my “no eligible cruises found” issue.  They told me to cancel my bid and re-bid.  

No way am I risking that.  If anyone is daring enough to do cancel and try to re-bid let me know!  I’m just afraid that if I cancel, it won’t ever show up again.

I had to cancel and rebid yesterday.  I was called by the bank and told my credit card had been compromised.  I had used it a few weeks ago to bid.  So I had to cancel and put in the new card number.  It worked fine for me.  I too was nervous it would get screwed up. 

31 minutes ago, dasi11 said:

I had to cancel and rebid yesterday.  I was called by the bank and told my credit card had been compromised.  I had used it a few weeks ago to bid.  So I had to cancel and put in the new card number.  It worked fine for me.  I too was nervous it would get screwed up. 

We weren’t so lucky.  Our bid is completely gone.  No way to get it back.  No matter at this point, we will sail as scheduled and enjoy some extra cash in our pocket.

4 hours ago, jmom2004 said:

We sail tomorrow and no response for bids made so expecting a rejection email tomorrow.   Oh well, like our cabin so not too disappointed. 

All bids, which were above minimum,  were rejected.  Received emails tonight.  

My DD received Royal Up email today for our sailing in April.  She is receiving emails all the time from RC and I am not. 

I checked my settings and I had all 3 cruise lines checked off so I unchecked them and just checked off Royal and Celebrity and saved it.  

Do they send other offers or only one per cabin, since my DD received it today?  

4 minutes ago, nbp said:

My DD received Royal Up email today for our sailing in April.  She is receiving emails all the time from RC and I am not. 

I checked my settings and I had all 3 cruise lines checked off so I unchecked them and just checked off Royal and Celebrity and saved it.  

Do they send other offers or only one per cabin, since my DD received it today?  

I don’t think anyone has figured out who gets selected and who doesn’t.  Seems like it is only one per cabin.  And in groups, it may only be one cabin that gets the letter.

It appears that most of the bids are accepted or rejected close to the sailing date.  Most emails seem to be sent from around 60 days or closer to sailing date. What is the earliest anyone has had their offer accepted?  It would seem the longer they wait the better chance of selling all cabins or receiving higher offers. Not sure why they push the bid process so early.  I would think that by waiting until a few weeks out they would illicit a greater frequency and higher bids due to the customer being generally more excited for their upcoming vacation. 

8 minutes ago, djs40 said:

It appears that most of the bids are accepted or rejected close to the sailing date.  Most emails seem to be sent from around 60 days or closer to sailing date. What is the earliest anyone has had their offer accepted?  It would seem the longer they wait the better chance of selling all cabins or receiving higher offers. Not sure why they push the bid process so early.  I would think that by waiting until a few weeks out they would illicit a greater frequency and higher bids due to the customer being generally more excited for their upcoming vacation. 

For our 2/2/2019 cruise we received the email one of the first days of the program in late Nov. Our bid was accepted Jan 3 and by Monday Jan 7 our cruise showed sold out completely but the week before seemed to have many cabins available.

I know of one person on cruise critic that got a email from RoyalUp on the 17th of Feb and they accepted their bid on Feb 18th. This is from going from a regular balcony to a Grand Suite, their cruise is in Early May.

Lucky Dogs!