Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Not by your DS friends.

 

LOL...Royal DS members rule!!  😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my expected rejection email last night for my Mariner cruise today.  Oh well...just have to get by somehow.  😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, island lady said:

Got my expected rejection email last night for my Mariner cruise today.  Oh well...just have to get by somehow.  😉 

 

Should be a great day for sail away.

 

20190603_092306.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CasinoCruzGirl said:

Yes our cruise was sold out our ATS 2 bedroom bid was accepted 4 or 5 days before our cruise 

This is great to hear as I have a one bedroom ATS and bid the max on a 2 bedroom but was giving up hope since it shows sold-out for all Star Class suites.  When I called to ask about just paying for the 2 bedroom they told me that the Royal Upgrade department would have pulled them from inventory since they accepted bids on them already and it was only 60 or so days out from the cruise.  I wasn't so sure about this explanation but my fingers are crossed that somehow they still give us the upgrade.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eynsteinp said:

This is great to hear as I have a one bedroom ATS and bid the max on a 2 bedroom but was giving up hope since it shows sold-out for all Star Class suites.  When I called to ask about just paying for the 2 bedroom they told me that the Royal Upgrade department would have pulled them from inventory since they accepted bids on them already and it was only 60 or so days out from the cruise.  I wasn't so sure about this explanation but my fingers are crossed that somehow they still give us the upgrade.  

I had given up hope to and to our surprise it was accepted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CasinoCruzGirl said:

I had given up hope to and to our surprise it was accepted 

I am now 6 days out so we shall see soon!  That is the downside to the Royal Up process, all you can do is wait!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

In my understanding MSRP is a totally fake number. That is why I disagree.

I'm quoting you actual prices.

Also, as far as I know, the cheap casino upgrades are history. This is what I hear from folks on the Casino Royale threads. UP is the new reality.

MSRP actually stands for "Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price" so you are entitled to your opinion of what it may mean to you but the reality is that MSRP is a valid price.  It is on everything you buy & is often (but not always) discounted which may be why you feel that way.  Fair enough.  Perhaps we should both have used the term "market price".

My point on the Casino was not for "UPGRADES".  It was that some, like CasinoGirl above, have been booked directly into a cabin from "awards" that the casino's have given them BEFORE & then, from there they are offered a Royal Up.  They were not getting "upgrades", they were placed into those cabins "for free" by the Casino program from the get-go.

Edited by ndabunka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, eynsteinp said:

 they told me that the Royal Upgrade department would have pulled them from inventory since they accepted bids on them already

I wish I had even a small amount of confidence in anything that comes from an RCCL customer service rep on the phone. This explanation would be a great source of hope that sold out doesn’t really mean sold out.  But alas, I don’t trust in any one of them to know what they’re talking about or provide useful information. Thanks for offering at least a glimmer of hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I wish I had even a small amount of confidence in anything that comes from an RCCL customer service rep on the phone. This explanation would be a great source of hope that sold out doesn’t really mean sold out.  But alas, I don’t trust in any one of them to know what they’re talking about or provide useful information. Thanks for offering at least a glimmer of hope.

 

It is sold out-they just shuffle rooms as things change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cruising on Allure Sunday.

Put in Min bid for Star Loft Suite -WEAK!!!

Upped just now from GS!

WEEEEEEE!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't feel like waiting to see if Royal up worked....so when the room I wanted came back on the market...I just bought my way into it ;(.

 

In other news....there's another Grand Loft available on the Anthem for Aug 1 now so hopefully someone will get a nice upgrade into Star Class and a cruise to remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Danitroline said:

Cruising on Allure Sunday.

Put in Min bid for Star Loft Suite -WEAK!!!

Upped just now from GS!

WEEEEEEE!!!!

Yay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2019 at 3:21 PM, Island_Chica said:

I received notification last night that our RoyalUp bid was accepted. We're 24 days from sailing as of today and booked a suite guarantee for 4 passengers (parents + 2 kids) on Harmony OTS. We were assigned a GS on Deck 7 last weekend and got our RoyalUp email a couple of days later. All 4 person suites for our sailing are showing as sold out, but I had 5 choices for RoyalUp bids - an OS, CLS, Aqua 1-bed, Aqua 2-bed and Star Loft Suite. 

 

I bid on only two categories - the OS and the Aqua 2-bedroom. The starting bid for Aqua 1-bed was too high, I don't care for the CLS balconies and the Star Loft Suite starting bid was very high for us. 

 

Anyway, I received an email last night that our RoyalUp bid was accepted for the Owner's Suite - we got one on Deck 14 port side  (just below pool deck so noise is a slight concern, but we're pretty heavy sleepers). I bid $20 above the starting bid of $400 (so $840 total for the upgrade from GS to OS for 4 people; $210 pp); as we started with a great guarantee rate we ended up in an OS for what it would have cost to put all four of us in one balcony cabin (we booked late). 

 

I was surprised our bid was accepted this early; seems like most ppl don't hear until shortly before sailing. Then again, I haven't read all 96 pages of this thread so I may be wrong about that. Good luck to the bidders still waiting! 

 Is the price only for the first two people? We have four people in the room and my husband put in two bids and I'm not sure if he did this right or not. He put in $200 pp to upgrade from OVB to JS and $500pp to upgrade from OVB to GS. Not sure if he did the right thing or not or if it will even allow two bids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 12:39 PM, torpeedo said:

 

The OS Royal UP bid for 7/28/19 was also a minimum of $1,100 pp.  No thanks!

Not sure if anyone is keeping track of the different offers for different ships, but just in case, here is our Owner's suite offer.

 

We are in an Ultra Spacious Ocean View with Large Balcony (OAS, August.) Our offer for the Owner's Suite was a min bid of $700 pp.

 

Other offers were 1 bedroom Aqua Theater Suite ($850,) Crown Loft Suite ($750,) Grand Suite ($800,) and the Junior Suite ($100.)  Would have loved to try for one of the suites to move up from a regular balcony, but the sleeping arrangements would not work for our family. We are traveling with our 2 adult children and brother and sister would not appreciate sharing the sofa bed. So, balcony with the bunk beds it stays. 

 

If this wasn't Europe with flight luggage restrictions, I would have gladly packed an air mattress to try to get into a star class suite!  I would love, love to be in an ATS. I don't even need the perks, just the cabin 🙂  

Edited by cured

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, megnut78 said:

 Is the price only for the first two people? We have four people in the room and my husband put in two bids and I'm not sure if he did this right or not. He put in $200 pp to upgrade from OVB to JS and $500pp to upgrade from OVB to GS. Not sure if he did the right thing or not or if it will even allow two bids. 

Yes they only charge for 2 people and yes you can put 2 bids in for different categories

Edited by molly361

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cured said:

Not sure if anyone is keeping track of the different offers for different ships, but just in case, here is our Owner's suite offer.

 

We are in an Ultra Spacious Ocean View with Large Balcony (OAS, August.) Our offer for the Owner's Suite was a min bid of $700 pp.

 

Other offers were 1 bedroom Aqua Theater Suite ($850,) Crown Loft Suite ($750,) Grand Suite ($800,) and the Junior Suite ($100.)  Would have loved to try for one of the suites to move up from a regular balcony, but the sleeping arrangements would not work for our family. We are traveling with our 2 adult children and brother and sister would not appreciate sharing the sofa bed. So, balcony with the bunk beds it stays. 

I think the offer bids are all different. We were in a crown loft suite our offers were as follow:

 

ATS 1 bedroom starting at $100

ATS 2 bedroom starting at $400

Star loft suite starting at $800

 

and yes we won our ATS 2 bedroom for $100 over minimum bid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on the Allure with you on Sunday. Our bid was accepted today for an upgrade too. Our bid was in the fair range.  We went from a loft suite to the owner panoramic 🤗.  So we are Star Class now too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This maybe a silly question, but I used an OBC to book an excursion 3 months ago. Now that we got the upgrade, it looks like the OBC is gone.  My cruise planner shows a balance due now.  Is this something that happens if you win a bid?  Should I pay the $100, so I don't lose my excursion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received an email saying I could participate in bidding for a Royal Up Upgrade. I'm sailing on the Harmony in August and currently have a ocean view balcony.  I had a travel agent make my reservations in January.  My question is, can I answer my email and give a bid for an Upgrade, or does my travel agent have to do it since they made my original reservations?  Thanks for any info you can give me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bsmeme said:

I received an email saying I could participate in bidding for a Royal Up Upgrade. I'm sailing on the Harmony in August and currently have a ocean view balcony.  I had a travel agent make my reservations in January.  My question is, can I answer my email and give a bid for an Upgrade, or does my travel agent have to do it since they made my original reservations?  Thanks for any info you can give me. 

You can do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bsmeme said:

I received an email saying I could participate in bidding for a Royal Up Upgrade. I'm sailing on the Harmony in August and currently have a ocean view balcony.  I had a travel agent make my reservations in January.  My question is, can I answer my email and give a bid for an Upgrade, or does my travel agent have to do it since they made my original reservations?  Thanks for any info you can give me. 

 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can do it. 

 

You do it yourself, unless you are currently on board a Royal Caribbean ship, because the site is blocked!!!!!  😮  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cured said:

Not sure if anyone is keeping track of the different offers for different ships, but just in case, here is our Owner's suite offer.

 

We are in an Ultra Spacious Ocean View with Large Balcony (OAS, August.) Our offer for the Owner's Suite was a min bid of $700 pp.

 

Other offers were 1 bedroom Aqua Theater Suite ($850,) Crown Loft Suite ($750,) Grand Suite ($800,) and the Junior Suite ($100.)  Would have loved to try for one of the suites to move up from a regular balcony, but the sleeping arrangements would not work for our family. We are traveling with our 2 adult children and brother and sister would not appreciate sharing the sofa bed. So, balcony with the bunk beds it stays. 

 

If this wasn't Europe with flight luggage restrictions, I would have gladly packed an air mattress to try to get into a star class suite!  I would love, love to be in an ATS. I don't even need the perks, just the cabin 🙂  

 

1 bedroom ATS is not STAR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

1 bedroom ATS is not STAR

You are so right. Pardon the transgression. I was in the process of booking the two bedroom for 2021 and had star on the mind. Unfortunately I can no longer edit it so we will allow your post to be the correction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bsmeme said:

I received an email saying I could participate in bidding for a Royal Up Upgrade. I'm sailing on the Harmony in August and currently have a ocean view balcony.  I had a travel agent make my reservations in January.  My question is, can I answer my email and give a bid for an Upgrade, or does my travel agent have to do it since they made my original reservations?  Thanks for any info you can give me. 

You got your email two months before your cruise?  I was under the impression you won’t receive the email until a couple weeks before your cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...