Cruise Critic Community
victory2020

BACK TO BACK CRUISES ON NCL

Hello all, how does NCL deal with back to back cruisers? Do you leave you things in the room if you have the same one on both? I have 2 booked on the Sky with the same room. I noticed one would be cheaper if I went for guarantee but I don't know if it would be worth it.  I'm assuming you have to get off the ship & check in again - is this correct?

If you are staying in the same room it is just like any other day at sea!!  Your steward will clean it as usual.

Depending on the port/country you may have to debark and embark, mainly the USA.  In others it is likely you can stay on board.

If you have to, or want to, get off you will get an "In Transit" sticker that will allow you to bypass check-in when you return from going ashore.  You would still have to go through Security though.

47 minutes ago, casofilia said:

If you are staying in the same room it is just like any other day at sea!!  Your steward will clean it as usual.

Depending on the port/country you may have to debark and embark, mainly the USA.  In others it is likely you can stay on board.

If you have to, or want to, get off you will get an "In Transit" sticker that will allow you to bypass check-in when you return from going ashore.  You would still have to go through Security though.

Thank you. It will be Miami so I'm assuming I will be getting off. So you check in for both cruises when checking in for the first time?

We did a back to back cruise in Venice last year. On debarkation day we just left all things in same room. The steward cleaned as usual. We only had to go to customer service where they issued us a new on board card.We chose to go into Venice for the day and it was pretty much like any other port visit.

On our B2B's on the Getaway, we have always been told to meet in a designated area around 10 am the morning we arrive back in port from our first cruise.  We are usually in the Haven, so the concierge has given us our new key card for the next cruise already.   I think other passengers may have to go to Customer Service to get their new cards for the second cruise but I am not sure about this.  As others have said, you will just leave your belongings in the stateroom if you are not changing rooms.  Very easy.  You can tell them when you check in for first cruise that you are B2B, but they have always told us that it was not necessary to tell them.  I always tell them anyway.

After you have completed your first cruise, once the ship has been cleared of passengers, you will be led down to customs where you will show them your passport and led back to the ship to be the first passengers on the ship for the next cruise.  What a great feeling!

We are leaving for our next B2B on Sunday on the Getaway and can't wait!!

John

Has anyone changed rooms between cruises? Wondering how that works. Do you have to take all your stuff with you?

No, you pack your bags as if you are getting off and the leave them in your room; the two cabin stewards will see that they are moved to the new cabin.

You will need to go to Customer Services to get a new room card.

Curious to know if you buy liquor on the ship on the first cruise - do they still let you pick it up the night before so you have it on your second cruise?

Curious to know if you buy liquor on the ship on the first cruise - do they still let you pick it up the night before so you have it on your second cruise?

I wonder that too.  I would be more interested in the position of "held" alcohol that you have bought ashore on cruise 1.

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

I wonder that too.  I would be more interested in the position of "held" alcohol that you have bought ashore on cruise 1.

How would the person at the pick up area know you were staying on for another cruise? I wouldn't think too many people would have access to that info.

12 hours ago, pizza123 said:

Friends on our current B2B did just this. Bought liquor on the first leg, picked it up on the last night and have had it in their room for the second leg. 

We were on Star’s TA from Rome to Miami. Be prepared for a mess of your interim stop is the first for the ship after being away.  In our case, this was Star’s first US call in many months and in addition to all aboard (including all crew) having to go through immigration, the ship was inspected by all the authorities.  

We docked at 4 am, at 5 I saw some chefs lined up on the gangway headed to immigration. We B2Bers were the last to go ashore at noon or so. After immigration we had to wait a 15 minutes to be the first back aboard. First time I’ve been ahead of Haven folk!

This was our first B2B but from what others said, typically they can stay on the ship and are just asked to stay out of thr crew’s way so they can prep the ship for the new guests. 

12 hours ago, casofilia said:

All confiscated items will be returned on the last night. If you pack it in your suitcase you will have it for the second leg of a back to back. This includes liquor bought ashore on port days.

I  do a lot of b2b,    I usually change rooms as I book when on board  for the cheap give away rates.  :)   I sometimes want to get off early on change day and just exit the ship.   When returning,  I  do have to pick up a new card at the dock service desk, which I don't mind doing  this.   IF the person has checked out-   you can be issued  a new card for your new room.    I have also gotten a card that gets me on/off the ship with no room access.   So there is NOT just one option or experience that everyone does.  

I most always,  move my own luggage.   With the previous person-  gone-  I simply place my stuff in the closet and find the room steward (always can be found in the area)  and inform them what I have done.     I do NOT want to take the chance of my possessions being left in halls, unoccupied rooms,   in full view etc.    It's naive to think theft doesn't occur on cruise ships.  (and I am hearing more of it).   

If you want your luggage moved,   you will be issued special tags that the steward will move.  

You WILL  be given a written instruction sheet prior to this day,  which will have all the details of what you have to do.     There also will be "in transit" tags,  that you can wear IF you are going off the ship,   You do NOT need to wear them around the ship.  

On my previous cruise in September, when i got to my room there was already someones luggage in it and clothes hanging in the closet. I asked my cabin steward about it and she said that it was actually suppose to go to a room ending in a 3 as my room ended in an 8 and that person was doing a B2B but switching rooms.

Not a big deal and I helped move the stuff to the correct cabin but these things can happen.

I was wondering if NCL includes a free laundry wash with a B2B cruise?

RCL offered this to me on a B2B RCL cruise previously.

Edited by Cwipes

On 11/26/2018 at 10:22 AM, victory2020 said:

Hello all, how does NCL deal with back to back cruisers? Do you leave you things in the room if you have the same one on both? I have 2 booked on the Sky with the same room. I noticed one would be cheaper if I went for guarantee but I don't know if it would be worth it.  I'm assuming you have to get off the ship & check in again - is this correct?

I just did an NCL B2B from NY to Quebec to NY.  I had a different cabin so I had to pack and the stewards moved my belongings to my new cabin. 

When I boarded the cruise, I went to Guest Services and notified them of my B2B cruises and requested that they help me out with NOT having to get off the ship and go through check in and security in Quebec. 

They did and notified me that I would NOT have to get off the ship and do all of that check in and security.  

Enjoy ... I have to say, these B2B cruises, to date, have been the BEST cruises I have ever been on. 

There also will be "in transit" tags,  that you can wear IF you are going off the ship,   You do NOT need to wear them around the ship.  

We normally wear ours during the change day so that the staff do not "bother" us and "newbies" know to ask us if they want help.