EDIT SIGNATURE

1 minute ago, Ashercat1 said:

Hello,

I got my information from the first post in response to my inquiry about changing my signature. However when I tried to expand and add additional Cruises it would not save the information so I’m not at all sure now of what my signature looks like now but at this point it’s beyond my worrying.

Thanks to everyone

Ashercat1

You can only have 10 lines in a signature. If you want to add more cruises, you might try putting more than one on each line.

Hi Ashercat - sorry I have hijacked your thread.  When you get back to worrying about it

Post back and we will help. Having said that I will probably not be here as our cruise is the one following yours. Have a good trip.  

29 minutes ago, broberts said:

Curious. I wonder if @POA1 can shed light on this behavior.

21 minutes ago, Ashercat1 said:

Hello,

I got my information from the first post in response to my inquiry about changing my signature. However when I tried to expand and add additional Cruises it would not save the information so I’m not at all sure now of what my signature looks like now but at this point it’s beyond my worrying.

Thanks to everyone

Ashercat1

I helped a woman on the Holland America board who has more than 50 cruises in her signature.  The workaround was to edit the lines so that more than one cruise appears on each. You have to play around with the lines to get them to look nice, but the basic format is Cruise1 | Cruise2 | Cruise3 | etc. with a space, a pipe | and a space between each.  You can use bullets if you prefer them aesthetically.  Just copy and past the following line between cruises.

Apply your font format when you are finished.

4 hours ago, broberts said:

On a laptop @Aulanis is getting a cc mobile page from .com and a desktop page from .uk.

I didn't see anything that jumps out at me in terms of the viewport rules between the US and UK versions of Cruise Critic.

@Aulanis- Go to this site and find out what your viewport size is:

http://whatismyviewport.com/

The break points (where the display changes between the mobile, tablet & desktops modes) are widths of:

If you're really close to one of those, you might get toggled between modes.  Let us know what you find.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

Good morning, @POA1 thankyou for taking an interest.  Its not a major problem and

might change as they tinker with log in aspect?

Thread still has the "phone header"

http://whatismyviewport.com/

says       Your viewport size is  

1024 × 543

I hibernated overnight but did think I will try my own advice and log out clear cookies

and start over but will wait and see if you want to try anything else.

Presumably you didnt get the same result switching between the sites so maybe just

some setting in my browser?  

Major discovery!!   will be able to sleep at night now instead of thnking about this. LOL  

I was a bit afraid @POA1  was going to get back with some complex plan to fix it that I didnt understand  ( ie anything more than switch it on and off)

No I didnt try that yet.

This is now one of those odd questions where I do know what the result is  but have no  idea why it should happen.

It is the same on BOTH sites  if I am viewing at ordinary size  ctrl+0 or less (90%)  it shows the PC Header.    If I enlarge the  screen ctrl+  to 110% or higher shows ( what @broberts  advise me) was the Phone Header.

I even know how it came about - the answer is in this diverse thread. 

Set off we were looking at signatures    QueensArts  then went off on a bit of a tangent  regarding his Avatar . He also mentioned not knowing what the buildings were on his cover photo.    When his Avatar was fixed I could see some buildings behind so used ctrl+ to enlarge it and the buildings in the background looked like they might be the same.

I guess I used ctrl- to reduce BUT only went back to 110%  so when DavesGirl51  popped in with his answer that  Board names were at the top right  paged up and no it wasnt.  I hadnt looked for it at that point - whilst looking at the avatar query I just used my board name on the left side of my post to get into my profile.

Edited by Aulanis

@Aulanis - I realize that you don't need this now, but your viewport width of 1024 is still in the tablet range, and tablets get the blue toolbar that comes along with mobile view. Hitting Ctrl+ or Ctrl- to change your zoom level will change your browser's viewport size. The viewport value triggers the various stylesheet rules (CSS) that control the way the screen displays.

Things that change based on viewport are: Toolbar display, the tools available in the editor, and placement of the announcement & photo sidebars. It also changes the way ads display. (I don't have a full set of the site's CSS documentation, so I'm basing this on what I see.)

For me, my unzoomed viewport on my main laptop screen is 1,920 x 925.  My secondary and tertiary monitors are 1,920 x 1,085. (My desk is a little crowded, screen-wise.)  Hitting the Ctrl+/Ctrl- zoom keys changes the viewport. As you've found, Ctrl+0, resets it to 100% or your native resolution.

HINT:  If the reason you were zooming your screen was to make the text easier to read, be aware that most browsers let you change the text size independent of the zoom.  Just run a search on "changing text size in [browser name]" to find instructions for your particular device.

• Thanks 1

Thanks  - Hint not required  what I really need is a new laptop LOL!.

As this thread is blown to bits  Just wondering if you might know how to change the default  font  on a  googlesheet. spreadsheet.

So far I have tried on a blank new sheet to select all , change the font from Sans Serif  to ( roboto in my case but have tried others)

As soon as I type anything it  changes back to sans serif  and the Font Box goes to blank (empty box)   If I click an empty cell  the font box says roboto.

If i copy something from "word" in arial black to a blank sheet  set on Helvetica it comes up as sans serif.

I asked yesterday on the Googlesheet help forum but half the answers relate to google docs.  Other replies that might work are using scripts? which I know nothing about

Dont spend any time on it - its not critical just annoying.

Edited by Aulanis

2 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Thanks  - Hint not required  what I really need is a new laptop LOL!.

As this thread is blown to bits  Just wondering if you might know how to change the default  font  on a  googlesheet. spreadsheet.

So far I have tried on a blank new sheet to select all , change the font from Sans Serif  to ( roboto in my case but have tried others)

As soon as I type anything it  changes back to sans serif  and the Font Box goes to blank (empty box)   If I click an empty cell  the font box says roboto.

If i copy something from "word" in arial black to a blank sheet  set on Helvetica it comes up as sans serif.

I asked yesterday on the Googlesheet help forum but half the answers relate to google docs.  Other replies that might work are using scripts? which I know nothing about

Dont spend any time on it - its not critical just annoying.

Are you working with Sheets in the app version or the computer version? If app, what platform? Android or iOS? If computer, in a browser or did you manage to snag a copy of Sheets standalone? 

These are the generic instructions that work across most Google apps. 

Here are the steps that would help you to set the default font in Google Sheet:
  • Go to Google Sheet.
  • Click on Format.
  • Select Paragraph styles.
  • Click on Normal text.
  • Select Update 'Normal text' to match.
  • Select Format again.
  • Click on Paragraph styles.
  • Go to Options.
  • Select Save as my default styles.
Edited by POA1

Hi - thanks for coming back on this,

Well  I wrote a big preamble  as to how and why I have Gsheets but

you dont need that.
I have no idea how I got it or what model it is. Suspect Browser based - I usually access from my Bookmarks but can get in from the 9dot google apps icon on my email page.
Storage is in the cloud along with my gphotos and maybe emails?

Here is an example  you can open it and play on it if you want,  I have a backup.  The font should be Arial Black according to the box but it isnt

and the last 3 lines I "changed" to sans serif   which I think all the script is

doesnt change whatever I try.
The howto list apparently works on google Docs but not on google sheets
There is no  Paragraph Styles in Format. 

3 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Hi - thanks for coming back on this,

Well  I wrote a big preamble  as to how and why I have Gsheets but

you dont need that.
I have no idea how I got it or what model it is. Suspect Browser based - I usually access from my Bookmarks but can get in from the 9dot google apps icon on my email page.
Storage is in the cloud along with my gphotos and maybe emails?

Here is an example  you can open it and play on it if you want,  I have a backup.  The font should be Arial Black according to the box but it isnt

and the last 3 lines I "changed" to sans serif   which I think all the script is

doesnt change whatever I try.
The howto list apparently works on google Docs but not on google sheets
There is no  Paragraph Styles in Format. 

The font is indeed Arial Black. Remember: If you don't have Arial Black installed on the device you're viewing the sheet on, you won't see Arial Black. Your system will fall back using the CSS rules in the sheet. They're Roboto, RobotoDraft, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif. (I got that from the underlying CSS.)  Since I have Arial Black on my machine, I see it the way you intend. Most anyone with Windows will see it correctly, as will people with most versions of MS Office installed.

Here's what it looks like on my PC.

image.thumb.png.2d063d3e33c491639ed98c9f67ea5e58.png

3 hours ago, Aulanis said:

last 3 lines I "changed" to sans serif  

Sorry - Should have put this in the previous response. Sans-serif is the generic font without serifs. (Think Arial.) Serif is a font with Serifs, like Times Roman. Cursive is just that, a cursive font. (If you see hard-to-read cursive text on your phone or tablet, that's because the CC stylesheets are using cursive as the fallback for Comic Sans. They should be using sans-serif instead.)

Also - If you're using the web version of sheets, and it appears you are, you won't see the Paragraph format command.

Edited by POA1