Allure -- Checking Bottled Water

ostrich710

Hi, Everyone!

We were on Anthem in April and had success putting a small case of bottled water in a reusable grocery bag with a luggage tag and sending it through with our checked luggage.  Wondering if anyone has had recent success with this on Allure.  We have a beverage package, so not a huge deal, but it's nice to have a stash of bottled water in our fridge without having to order one with every drink.

Thanks!

Laura

Effective sometime in the past few months the rule for water, soda, wine is as follows:

You can bring on up to 2 750ml bottles of wine per cabin in CARRY ON ONLY.

You can bring up to 12, 17fl oz (or 1/2 liter) bottles/cans/boxes of non-alcoholic drinks per cabin in CARRY ON ONLY.

There have been reports of the shoreside porters in many ports refusing to take anything that has these liquids in them.  Also, if RCI finds these liquids in checked luggage you will need to go to the "naughty" room to collect your belongings and possibly leave the liquids behind.

Steve

51 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

Had a friend who brought a full gallon on his checked bag no problem. Also if you have the package they even give you 3 bottles of water if you ask nicely 

How long ago? New rule took effect in September. 

1 hour ago, mcatmcat said:

Had a friend who brought a full gallon on his checked bag no problem. Also if you have the package they even give you 3 bottles of water if you ask nicely 

Changed now. Last 2 cruises inc this month they were stopping all that had more then the limit/size. Multiple people having take extras back to car...

13 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

But that’s if you carry the water 

Couple people on cruise  we are on right now said their checked bags went to naughty room because of soda and water. A No-No in checked bags now... I carried a 12pack Diet Dew bottles in my back pack and they had me empty it out to show within limit

Edited by ONECRUISER

15 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We hand carried a dozen bottles of water onto the Symphony at the POM. They did not check our bags. 

Port Everglades did check bags when I got back on Nov9th with more soda. Stopped a couple in same room trying to carry over limit but in same cabin. Then one couple called to Naughty room since didn't carry on, they made them wait to PU theirs last nite of cruise, they are B2B so will consume on second leg of cruise...

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, oddly excitered said:

I am leaving on anthem this thursday and want to bring a 12 pack of water. reading my documents it states no non alcoholic beverages. there is a new policy that says I can? I cannot find this policy, can anyone help me?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. 

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. 

Thank you so much! gonna stress my carry on load but worth it. saw on cruise planner I could have delivered to my room at 39,99 for a 5 dollar case of water! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, greek princess said:

We were on Harmony Dec 2018. We put a case of water in a duffle bag with room luggage tag and gave it to porter. It arrived no problem to our cabin by 2:30 . We did tip the porter nicely, so maybe that helped.

The tip may have got it by the porter, if he even knew what was in the bag but some how they also miss it during X-ray of the bag.