Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
bhughey

Elite breakfast

Recommended Posts

It's been a long while since I've attended the elite breakfast, and was curious if this is still offered, and if so, do they still serve mimosas, sparkling wine, etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bhughey said:

It's been a long while since I've attended the elite breakfast, and was curious if this is still offered, and if so, do they still serve mimosas, sparkling wine, etc?

On Silhouette this summer the food was plated. The picture is showing the Ultimate platter, which we decided was the best value, as I am Dairy Intolerant, so didn’t want the cheese platter.

Previously on Eclipse in 2015 the food was buffet style, but I think they serve it that way if there are more Elites on board.

I know they served Bloody Mary’s, but am not sure about mimosas.

ECA61A61-9658-4116-8916-52CCAF672005.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

On Silhouette this summer the food was plated. The picture is showing the Ultimate platter, which we decided was the best value, as I am Dairy Intolerant, so didn’t want the cheese platter.

Previously on Eclipse in 2015 the food was buffet style, but I think they serve it that way if there are more Elites on board.

I know they served Bloody Mary’s, but am not sure about mimosas.

ECA61A61-9658-4116-8916-52CCAF672005.jpeg

Looks like someone took a bite or 2 off the plate before you received it.  

 

Yes, they have mimosas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, should have said that my husband & I shared the Ultimate Platter and he had the cheese, as I am Dairy Intolerant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Denny01 said:

The OJ is fresh squeezed; didn’t try the Grapefruit.

 

Den

Sorry Den, the OJ is squeezed by machine, bottled and sent to a ship, at least on Eclipse last fall and Equinox this Jan/Feb.

I'll let you know if reflection is any different next week.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Arno. said:

Sorry Den, the OJ is squeezed by machine, bottled and sent to a ship, at least on Eclipse last fall and Equinox this Jan/Feb.

I'll let you know if reflection is any different next week.

 

Silhouette had a juice machine in Blu for the grapefruit and orange juices.  Reflection had bottled juice that came on the ship.  This may be subject to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't seen one of those juice machines in a long time.  I was told that they were removed because there was too much possibility of contamination.

 

AFAIK all the "fresh squeezed" juice is now simply "never frozen juice".  

 

At the Elite breakfast on Reflection in October they were serving both the a self-serve station of the same  "juice drink"  that comes out of the Oceanview dispensers, and also the "fresh squeezed", which you had to ask for specifically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

May I ask if the orange and grapefruit are freshly squeezed ?

No fresh squeezed OJ or grapefruit juices. Including the tomato  juice. :classic_wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sailing the Edge in January — my first as Elite. I’m excited about the fancy coffees and smoothies, but wondering if there’s any food I can eat as I’m gluten-free (wheat allergy). Is the menu more bread/pastries or are there any eggs/fruit or perhaps a gluten-free bread product. Any input?? The beverage menus were awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Betsynh said:

Sailing the Edge in January — my first as Elite. I’m excited about the fancy coffees and smoothies, but wondering if there’s any food I can eat as I’m gluten-free (wheat allergy). Is the menu more bread/pastries or are there any eggs/fruit or perhaps a gluten-free bread product. Any input?? The beverage menus were awesome!

All Celebrity menus have symbols in the MDR, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Sugar Free and Vegetarian as you should know if you have reached Elite. 

I am Dairy Intolerant, so mention this to servers in all other food outlets, so I am sure you will be accommodated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Sailing the Edge in January — my first as Elite. I’m excited about the fancy coffees and smoothies, but wondering if there’s any food I can eat as I’m gluten-free (wheat allergy). Is the menu more bread/pastries or are there any eggs/fruit or perhaps a gluten-free bread product. Any input?? The beverage menus were awesome!"

 

There are breads and pastries, but I have never seen GF at the Elite breakfast.  You can get GF breads at the Oceanview Cafe.

 

There is a large selection of cut fruit, like melons, kiwis, and pineapple.  Sometimes there is a bowl of whole fruits like apples, bananas, pears. 

 

No eggs.

 

There are meats and cheeses, and salmon with traditional fixings (cream cheese, capers, onions)

 

 

Edited by cruisestitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We found the Elite breakfast a light, pleasant and alternative breakfast venue on both Eclipse and Reflection. 

 

Really enjoyed, especially on sea days, sitting sipping my Bellinis watching the wonderful wake views!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much! Most of my sailings have been on Royal, so this is my first Celebrity since I’ve been gluten free... I appreciate the input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We go down to Elite breakfast, get a mimosa & a little fruit then go into dining room or Oceanview for a full breakfast. The Elite Coffee Break is pure continual, no hot entrees but we still enjoy it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, awhfy said:

We go down to Elite breakfast, get a mimosa & a little fruit then go into dining room or Oceanview for a full breakfast. The Elite Coffee Break is pure continual, no hot entrees but we still enjoy it

We never go to the Elite breakfast. But I will say the atmosphere is nice during that time. We like eating in the MDR. 

Edited by davekathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a dedicated Captain’s Club Lounge on Equinox?  I do not see it on the deckplans. 

 

If not, where is the breakfast usually served?  

Edited by APDMOM
Clarify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

Is there a dedicated Captain’s Club Lounge on Equinox?  I do not see it on the deckplans. 

 

If not, where is the breakfast usually served?  

There is not, the elite breakfast is usually held in Tuscan Grille. Details will be listed on a printout which you will find in your stateroom on embarkation day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...