Bit Of A Blog : Vision Of The Seas, Nov 29th 2018 : Panama Canal eastbound

Hi. Been a while. Just thought I'd give you a heads up to my latest foray into (for me) uncharted territory!

Diamond plus! Ocean view room that was very cheaply upgraded from an inside. Prebooked My Time Dining. All sorts of onboard CC activities including Chef's Table with a group. I'm Gluten Intolerant but last time I did the Table did not enjoy the experience so will risk side effects for the momentary pleasure!!

The story so far. Solo traveller. In my prime (!) First short haul flight delayed for two hours. Fog. Original long haul left without me so am ensconced in the BA lounge for a few hours. Over 11 hours to fly to LA. 

We've had a super roll call. @PCWalton1, Bill, will also be going live so you'll get quite a different perspective on things. I've one excursion booked with RCL, organised a group myself for one port of call, and joining other independent groups elsewhere.

I've pretty much got my head around the new CC site. I think.

Have some pics to be getting on with.

Vision2.jpg

1.Itinerary.jpg

3.%20google%20earth%20view%20itinerary.jpg

12 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Looking forward to this Linda.:classic_smile:

Thanks Bob.

Bit more about me. I have cataracts in both eyes and am awaiting surgery. This causes me to squint at signs and generally missread stuff that is obvious to others. Like labels, electronic timetables and things you can normally glance at take me that bit longer to accurately process. I've forewarned the ship through special needs to please email me the daily Compass. Other ships have obliged so hopefully VIS will too. 

Linda! How absolutely wonderful to wake up and see the beginning of a brand new 'Bit of a Blog' from you!

You are BY FAR my absolute favorite blogger/reviewer.

I sailed with you on Oasis in the Med just prior to the dry dock in 2014 and I adored reading your blog when I was home.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this...

Have a wonderful cruise!

And may I just say, you're looking fabulous!!

Edited by Board_Shorts
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NorbertsNiece said:

Thanks Bob.

Bit more about me. I have cataracts in both eyes and am awaiting surgery. This causes me to squint at signs and generally missread stuff that is obvious to others. Like labels, electronic timetables and things you can normally glance at take me that bit longer to accurately process. I've forewarned the ship through special needs to please email me the daily Compass. Other ships have obliged so hopefully VIS will too. 

No worries.  I am going to be your Seeing Eye Cruiser.  😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NorbertsNiece said:

Hi. Been a while. Just thought I'd give you a heads up to my latest foray into (for me) uncharted territory!

Diamond plus! Ocean view room that was very cheaply upgraded from an inside. Prebooked My Time Dining. All sorts of onboard CC activities including Chef's Table with a group. I'm Gluten Intolerant but last time I did the Table did not enjoy the experience so will risk side effects for the momentary pleasure!!

The story so far. Solo traveller. In my prime (!) First short haul flight delayed for two hours. Fog. Original long haul left without me so am ensconced in the BA lounge for a few hours. Over 11 hours to fly to LA. 

We've had a super roll call. @PCWalton1, Bill, will also be going live so you'll get quite a different perspective on things. I've one excursion booked with RCL, organised a group myself for one port of call, and joining other independent groups elsewhere.

I've pretty much got my head around the new CC site. I think.

Have some pics to be getting on with.

Vision2.jpg

1.Itinerary.jpg

3.%20google%20earth%20view%20itinerary.jpg

we did THE PANAMA on Celebrity Infinity..was great..was for my 60th 

• Like 1

There is a quilters group on the cruise. A couple of ladies shared the van with me.

I'm staying at the Doubletree by Hilton. The receptionist saw the fatigue on my face and gave me a plate of sandwiches from the little shop there. They'd offered me biscuits (cookies) but I'd declined over the gluten. This was a big club sandwich....I ate the meat, cheese and salad from inside. I'd have been less than happy with the quality of the bread which was verging on stale had I paid for it.

HUGE room. Arrived at night so can't see much outside. I've a balcony room with marina view. 

20181128_053130.jpg

20181128_053257.jpg

20181128_053039.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Flew in Club World with BA. Fabulous food included. Main meal served after take off, the other before landing. Self service access to a larder with soft drinks and snacks. Service was wonderful. My lie flat seat didn't.  They fixed it.

IMG_20181128_050051_736.jpg

IMG_20181128_050051_735.jpg

IMG_20181128_050051_738.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Wonderful, thank you! I am only upset that you did not come by and pick me up before boarding! There you are having fun and I am headed to work 🙄. Seriously, we do need to book a Panama Canal for 20201

Lynn 🧜🏼‍♀️

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 1

Great interactive location mapping. Weirdest thing though. I took off my analogue wristwatch to change the time to LAX time and it already had.....

Watched Mamma Mia 2. Crew later told me they could hear me singing along.....I had prewarned them! I also listened to British comedian, John Bishop live in Liverpool. Had me truly laughing out loud. Not for prudes.

20181127_192410.jpg