Dolphins in Puerto Madryn?

tiggrbaby

It's one big ocean.     Dolphins   have multiple miles of range.  I've  seen the black   Chilean  dolphins numerous   times, from the cruise ship.   But,  I spend a great deal of time  out on open decks during  sailing-   hours and hours,  invested,    which is necessary.     I don't see much on the  east side,   with 10x's more  sightings on the west side,   far more wildlife   viewable.

Necessary    a good pair of wide angle binoculars.    

3 hours ago, tiggrbaby said:

Thanks, BQ!  Gives me a little hope.

Be aggressive with spending your time outside during sailing on the lowest deck.   Especially the entire Chilean side.  

I also always point out Gentoo penguins that can always be seen coming in/out of Stanley.   Binoculars are necessary  but the beaches are lined with them.       Add to the mix,  a large rookery  of sea lions you'll pass  in/out of Ushuaia,  and all the Brown  Brow  Albatross you can see,  all over route.  

8 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Be aggressive with spending your time outside during sailing on the lowest deck.   Especially the entire Chilean side.  

I also always point out Gentoo penguins that can always be seen coming in/out of Stanley.   Binoculars are necessary  but the beaches are lined with them.       Add to the mix,  a large rookery  of sea lions you'll pass  in/out of Ushuaia,  and all the Brown  Brow  Albatross you can see,  all over route.  

Great tips!  I've added this info to my notes.  Thanks so much for sharing!