WiFi in port- Mexico

Hazegreyunderway

In Cabo there are a lot of restaurants there at the marina with free wifi.

We've been to the Chunky Monkey in Puerto Vallarta, they have wifi.  Have not used wifi in Manzanillo or Mazatlan.    If you have ATT you can add Mexico for free to allow you to call and use the internet.  Texting will still cost you per text received and sent

It's risky to use free wifi.  Be careful

Edited by jennybenny

9 hours ago, Hazegreyunderway said:

Ahoy,

We are sailing on the Grand Dec 3 for the Mexico cruise. Puerto Vallarta, Manzanillo, Mazatlan and Cabo. 

Does anyone know some spots in port that have free WiFi so we can check email?

Thanks in advance. 

I believe the Liverpool mall across the street from the cruiseship dock in PV has free wifi and there is a Starbucks there too. 

Generally  wifi in public areas can be picked up by others in the area ,so be very cautious in what you put on your tablet or lap top  .I simply leave my computer at home  .It is a vacation & I don't want to use either a phone or a computer :classic_biggrin:

18 hours ago, Hazegreyunderway said:

Thanks for the helpful replies.

After reading about the hazards of free WiFi and possibly getting hacked, we checked with our cell carrier and for $5 we added Mexico for cell and data usage. 

What carrier do you have? For anyone who does want to use wi fi in Mexico, just ask the crew. They know the best & closest spots.

19 hours ago, Hazegreyunderway said:

We have Sprint.  For $5 we figured it was worth it. It’s not like we’re going to waste time by surfing the net in port, just want to do a quick email check and if we have to make some calls in Mexico and to the U.S. it’s covered. 

That seems like a really good decision given your time in port is valuable.  More and more it seems Mexico access is a very inexpensive option for all US cell carriers.

• 1 year later...