Josiah’s Bay

Rick-n-Lisa

15 hours ago, Rick-n-Lisa said:

I haven’t seen any updates for this beach. I’m sure the beach is fine but just curious if any facilities or places to get a drink or bite to eat or rent chairs maybe?

We haven’t been this year, if no feedback here try the TTOL BVI forum, I would expect more current info from folks there. I started this thread and you could post this question there or start a new thread...

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/175410/1.html

Sure! Very helpful site for all things BVI. I see you joined TTOL and that’s the best way to get the most from the forum.

I started that thread hoping to get beach and beach bar updates in one thread to make it easier than searching through multiple threads for beach updates, so hopefully you’ll get a reply there. 

We went to Brewers Bay once and Smuggler’s Cove once.  Just looking for a new spot to explore.  I think Long Bay Beach maybe, near smugglers.  We’re on a cruise so limited time.   Our ritual is a pain killer at Pussers and Sunny Caribbee on the way back to the ship but just learned Sunny Caribbee is closed until 2020.  They sell some of their products at a store near the pier, Wonders of the Virgin Islands.  I use their spices and jerk seasoning all the time so I’m bummed about not getting maybe the ones I am used to buying but small inconvenience compared to them losing their business for this long. I feel bad for them.  Even their online store is closed.  

Yes we don’t get to Tortola often enough and love their spices and I also miss the online option, but we also feel bad for them and all of the other businesses.

I agree LB West End would be a nice day. You may know that the Long Bay Resort downsized to the Long Bay Beach Club years back. They no longer offered a day pass with food & drinks, but were still renting lounges to day visitors for $5pp and the restaurant was available. I’m not sure about the status of that, TTOL would be a good place to ask. But that’s our favorite beach to watch pelicans diving for lunch...