Hard to get a price reduction in a C1?

Cruise Junky

I’m on the fence about grabbing an aft C1 on an M class for 2021. The cruise is wayyyyyy overpriced right now based on what it historically sells at but I believe there needs to be a cabin open in your category to get the price drop? The Aft C1s are pretty darn popular and are all gone on the four other sailings on the same itinerary. Any advice on getting a drop? 

Given the limited availabiltily, best to avoid if you're hoping for a price drop. You're correct that you can only get the drop when cabins are available.

Further, the fact they're all sold can mean even if a price drop was due, it may not be applied due to not being in circulation so even if it comes back, its price may not fall even though others had.

18 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

I’m on the fence about grabbing an aft C1 on an M class for 2021. The cruise is wayyyyyy overpriced right now based on what it historically sells at but I believe there needs to be a cabin open in your category to get the price drop? The Aft C1s are pretty darn popular and are all gone on the four other sailings on the same itinerary. Any advice on getting a drop? 

Yes, you can only get a price drop (or increase for that matter) if there is an available cabin since if there is no available cabin there is no posted price.

But why are you on the fence? The only downside to grabbing it now is the opportunity interest on your deposit - you can always cancel prior to final payment if the price drop does not materialize. And if at some time prior to final payment, you think C1 prices would have dropped if only one was available, you can always cancel and rebook as soon as a price pops up (but be quick and grab it back before someone else does!)

7 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Yes, you can only get a price drop (or increase for that matter) if there is an available cabin since if there is no available cabin there is no posted price.

But why are you on the fence? The only downside to grabbing it now is the opportunity interest on your deposit - you can always cancel prior to final payment if the price drop does not materialize. And if at some time prior to final payment, you think C1 prices would have dropped if only one was available, you can always cancel and rebook as soon as a price pops up (but be quick and grab it back before someone else does!)

The only reason to be on the fence regarding the C1 was wondering if I should just grab a balcony cabin that I’d be happy with instead rather than holding onto a C1 and missing out on some of the other oversized 2As.