Cruise Critic Community
Shannon12

What to do with the kids?

Having a hard time figuring out what to do with our 7 & 8 year olds along. We will be there December 12th! I know a lot of the island is still in pretty rough shape, where or what beach would you take the kids to?

If your kids enjoy travel, I would really recommend taking them to airport beach. This was our first time and having the planes land over your head was so fun!

Simpson Bay beach is awesome, also Great Bay Beach, which is within walking distance to town, so you would be close to the shops. You can't go wrong though, whatever you decide

Your children would probably enjoy taking the Water Taxi to Gread Bay Beach ... rather than walking.  :classic_cool:

We were recently there and I would highly recommend booking Caribbean Paddling - Kayaking at Pinel Island.  A fantastic day.  Book online and transfers can be prebooked witn a pick up from the port using their sub contracted taxi service with a lovely lady called Theresa, the journey to Cul de Sac takes around 30 mins. An agreed return time is made with Theresa.  The kayaking was easy and interesting.  We saw sea turtles, and iguanas too.  The water is shallow to a long way out and is calm.  We also pre booked a picnic lunch (supplied in a cool bag) really  tasty and well presented.  There are two islands to visit, the larger one can be explored on foot and has two beach bars/restaurants. We used tandem kayaks.  Just a brilliant fun! 

20181128_103919.jpg

20181129_190235.jpg

I'm booking Caribbean paddling for our upcoming trip. 

2 years ago,  my daughter (8 at the time) and I did a snorkeling boat ride which was amazing.  The tour guides were very helpful given how small she was and they even let her help drive the boat.