Royal Up Offers & Winners

molly361

Royal Up Offer received  

1,155 members have voted

1. 1. For those with cruises from now thru March 2019 did you receive a Royal Up offer email?

• Yes I received one
    • Yes I received more than one
    • No I have not received any

We are sailing May 12

Thinking of bidding on both JS and Grand Suite.  We got a heck of a deal booked almost a year ago.  

Traveling with wife and 4 year old so the larger room is what is driving us more than the perks.  

I am looking at bidding at a level that if selected would probably still be the same fare that i would have paid for the current room.

I am not hopeful but hey crazier things have happened.

Received Royal Up email yesterday (3/16) for Anthem sailing 4/27.  Offer to bid on Owner's Suite, Grand Suite and Junior Suite.  I bid on Owner's (full amount) and Grand (middle amount), nothing on Junior.  We'll see what happens.  Fingers crossed.

On 3/11/2019 at 4:57 PM, willow0325 said:

Hello fellow cruisers!

Received my first RoyalUp email today for our upcoming cruise.  I find the minimum prices to be quite disappointing.  Balcony: minimum $300 per guest; Ocean view:  minimum $100 per guest and minimum $50 per guest for promenade view.  For those who have received a RoyalUp email, do you usually just get one opportunity?  Or have you received additional emails with lower prices?  Also, if they accept your bid, do you get to select your own cabin or do they assign it to you?  Thanks all and happy cruising!

I got emails shortly after the program was announced, and then again the month before sailing.  

I think the prices were around the same. though.  Plus our ship was completely sold out, so it didn't really matter!

I just got one today for the Symphony in May. I'm in an oceanview balcony, mid-ship, currently. Minimum bids are $300pp for a Junior Suite, $700pp for a Grand Suite, and $1,100pp for an Owner's Suite. I wish there was an offer for a Crown Loft Suite (since one is still available) but so far, nothing. Does anyone think it would be worth trying for the Grand Suite? (We bought VOOM for 2, the Deluxe/Unlimited Drink Package, and the Unlimited/Deluxe Dining Package -- i.e. all specialty restaurants). The only thing we would no longer need is the VOOM package... so...is it worth it? Given my current stateroom, is it possible that a bid would later become available for a Crown Loft Suite or is my balcony too "low" of a stateroom to get that offer?

Thanks!!

Lauren

11 minutes ago, Candichic1 said:

Does anyone think it would be worth trying for the Grand Suite?  The only thing we would no longer need is the VOOM package... so...is it worth it?

Given my current stateroom, is it possible that a bid would later become available for a Crown Loft Suite or is my balcony too "low" of a stateroom to get that offer?

Only you can answer that.

Offers seem to be dynamic and not based on what you currently have.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Only you can answer that.

Offers seem to be dynamic and not based on what you currently have.

Fair point re: whether it's worth it or not. The reason I ask is solely because I have never stayed in a suite so I'm unsure as to whether it would be worth it (the handful of perks) vs. just staying in the oceanview balcony. Clearly if this were a Star suite it would be more of a no-brainer for me. 🙂

2 hours ago, sford75 said:

Has anyone received a Royal Up offer for a May cruise?

Several of us did on an Adventure sailing in mid-May.  About two weeks ago now.  No one has reported 'winning' yet.

4 hours ago, sford75 said:

Has anyone received a Royal Up offer for a May cruise?

I have a sailing on Adventure for May 31st. Got offers for Oceanview, Balcony, and Spacious Balcony. The cheapest balcony would be $200pp which is not worth it to me. We are in an interior promenade room so we don't feel like bidding on oceanview is worth it ($30pp). If anyone thinks promenade interior to oceanview is worth it, let me know!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Candichic1 said:

I just got one today for the Symphony in May. I'm in an oceanview balcony, mid-ship, currently. Minimum bids are $300pp for a Junior Suite, $700pp for a Grand Suite, and $1,100pp for an Owner's Suite. I wish there was an offer for a Crown Loft Suite (since one is still available) but so far, nothing. Does anyone think it would be worth trying for the Grand Suite? (We bought VOOM for 2, the Deluxe/Unlimited Drink Package, and the Unlimited/Deluxe Dining Package -- i.e. all specialty restaurants). The only thing we would no longer need is the VOOM package... so...is it worth it? Given my current stateroom, is it possible that a bid would later become available for a Crown Loft Suite or is my balcony too "low" of a stateroom to get that offer?

Thanks!!

Lauren

Which sailing?

2 hours ago, libertybelle41 said:

I know you can't choose your cabin if your bid is accepted, but I wonder if you bid on the crown lofts will they likely put you in one that over looks the water or the sports court? 

Could be either one

I got an offer 75 days out for our Anthem cruise.  We’re in a JS GTY.  Royal Up Offer was min bid of $300pp for GS, $350 for OS and $700 for SLS.  I put in a weak offer for GS and OS. There really does appear to be availability based on a quick mock booking.  Not holding my breath  😉

I am almost patiently waiting- this is the same week that our last kiddo was waiting for college acceptance notification- FUN!! ( he was accepted to his #1 choice- weee!!!) We are 80 days out on Allure and there are TONS of Crown Loft and Owners available as well as the Aquatheaters. We have a nice little Grand Suite but it would be very cool to try one of the lofts. Or Aquatheater!  This is a re-try of our 25 anniversary cruise that we had to cancel last fall; rescheduled for February- had to cancel that one as well. No way I'm cancelling this one!!

I took the plunge for the upgrade.  Originally booked GTY Balcony for May 25th Adventure sailing & was assigned category 6D so with only a 162 sq ft room I decided to bid on the spacious ocean view balcony and bid $80/person (thinking there would be many people to submit the lowest bid).  The minimum bid was $75 and I was successfully assigned to a category 6B with 275 sq ft.  However, the assigned cabin was in the back of the boat and I called the travel agent and she was able to get us moved to mid ship with the same cabin category.  The travel agent said RCI does not always move cabins in this situation.  The email I received from RCI came on March 11th & I submitted my bid the same day.  On March 18th I was notified my bid was accepted.

Now if I can just get rid of all those emails coming into my inbox wanting me to buy a drink package I would be happy🙂

1 minute ago, aly7859 said:

I took the plunge for the upgrade.  Originally booked GTY Balcony for May 25th Adventure sailing & was assigned category 6D so with only a 162 sq ft room I decided to bid on the spacious ocean view balcony and bid $80/person (thinking there would be many people to submit the lowest bid).  The minimum bid was $75 and I was successfully assigned to a category 6B with 275 sq ft.  However, the assigned cabin was in the back of the boat and I called the travel agent and she was able to get us moved to mid ship with the same cabin category.  The travel agent said RCI does not always move cabins in this situation.  The email I received from RCI came on March 11th & I submitted my bid the same day.  On March 18th I was notified my bid was accepted.

Now if I can just get rid of all those emails coming into my inbox wanting me to buy a drink package I would be happy🙂

WOW  I think that's the first time I have heard about them letting you change cabins