Royal Up Offers & Winners

molly361

Royal Up Offer received  

1,155 members have voted

1. 1. For those with cruises from now thru March 2019 did you receive a Royal Up offer email?

• Yes I received one
    • Yes I received more than one
    • No I have not received any

Received a "reminder" to my original Royal Up email (which I never responded to).  Got the first one at 2 months out and this one at 1 month from the cruise.  Same prices offered.  I guess not many are jumping on these offers.

Freedom

GS2 - $450pp

GS1 - $350pp

JS - $200pp

Spacious Ocean View Balc -  $100pp

Karen

3 hours ago, CrusingRuthing said:

But they do...if they don't have the cabin available to upgrade to, they cannot offer the upgrade

If they do not have a cabin available, they cannot confirm the upgrade.  However, they can and do take bids for the upgrade.  For example, if all of the GS's are booked but there is an OS available, they will take bids for both GS's and OS's.  That way, they can accept a bid for an OS from a person who is currently booked in a GS.  Then that person's original GS will become available and they can then accept a bid from another person for the GS.  Then that person's original room (maybe a JS) will also become available and the upgrades will follow each other like falling dominoes. One empty high category room equals multiple successful bids, both maximizing the profit for Royal Caribbean and making multiple  bidders feel like winners.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, downundermatt said:

Clarea, we are in our first interior (EEK) and we have bid $310 each ......

So about $50 per night to go from an inside to a balcony on a normally higher priced cruise.  That's not bad.

7 hours ago, CrusingRuthing said:

But they do...if they don't have the cabin available to upgrade to, they cannot offer the upgrade

I assume you have not read all the reports form many who are sent Royal Up offers on ships that are all sold out - the Royal Up offers and subsequent bids are also done for marketing and survey reasons, not just to actually upgrade people.

Well I'm glad I did not submit my Royalup offer of $150 pp for a JS from an OV balcony.  Just upgraded myself to a JS for $200 total and get the double points AND picked my cabin. Still not a great deal but better than the Royal Up (Harmony 3 day cruise)

Edited by molly361
  • Like 3

I received my 2nd "reminder" to upgrade.  I have a 2 bedroom owners suite and they are offering the Royal Suite starting at $200 per person.  I am guessing they want my suite to maximize their profits?  I don't want it because we really want the separate rooms but still have the suite benefits for everyone.  

Has anyone been upgraded and/or upgraded themselves and then received a new bid offer based on their new category?

We received an offer when we were in an OV balcony but upgraded ourselves without bidding to a JS

Just wondering if there could be a new bid offer sent based on being in a JS.  We did receive one based on our OV balcony category

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Has anyone been upgraded and/or upgraded themselves and then received a new bid offer based on their new category?

We received an offer when we were in an OV balcony but upgraded ourselves without bidding to a JS

Just wondering if there could be a new bid offer sent based on being in a JS.  We did receive one based on our OV balcony category

We were booked in an interior on Symphony and got an upgrade offer but did not bid.  We later upgraded ourselves to a Crown Loft and shortly thereafter got a new upgrade offer based on our new stateroom.  I think I posted the details a few pages back.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

We were booked in an interior on Symphony and got an upgrade offer but did not bid.  We later upgraded ourselves to a Crown Loft and shortly thereafter got a new upgrade offer based on our new stateroom.  I think I posted the details a few pages back.

How do you go about upgrading yourself?  We tried moving from a balcony room to a JS but we would have lost our deposit.  We were over 6 months away from sail date.  And if we all can upgrade, then why would anyone leave it to the “hope” of a Royal up offer-it’s not like that upgrade is free and there is no guarantee.

3 minutes ago, Waves2land said:

How do you go about upgrading yourself?  We tried moving from a balcony room to a JS but we would have lost our deposit.  We were over 6 months away from sail date.  And if we all can upgrade, then why would anyone leave it to the “hope” of a Royal up offer-it’s not like that upgrade is free and there is no guarantee.

I don't understand why you would lose your deposit if you are staying with the same ship and sailing date.  You should have been able to upgrade by contacting whoever booked your cruise and paying the difference between what you have paid and the current price of the upgraded stateroom.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Waves2land said:

You should not lose your deposit if upgrading on the same ship and date.  In our case the JS price was below what our RoyalUp offer wanted and I just called RCL and changed from our OV balcony to the JS

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You should not lose your deposit if upgrading on the same ship and date.  In our case the JS price was below what our RoyalUp offer wanted and I just called RCL and changed from our OV balcony to the JS

Are you saying that the regular upgrade price might be less than the minimum RoyalUp bid?

27 minutes ago, Waves2land said:

As others have said, if you are booked under North American (NA) T&Cs you should not lose your deposit if the ship and date are staying the same. You can do this before or after final payment.  If you change to a suite before final payment, you would need to pay the additional deposit.  I upgraded after final payment.   I simply called to see what the price would be to change categories, was told the price and agreed to it.  We were just charged the difference.

Everyone who booked under NA T&Cs can upgrade without penalty, they just have to pay the difference.  The bid process would be used I assume to try to get a better deal. 

It is also a great opportunity for RCL to do some cheap market research to see how much people would be willing to pay for certain cabins above their current stateroom.  It is also easier and cheaper for them than calling or emailing individual people to see if they want an upsell at the time the opportunity becomes available.  It allows them to have all of the information ready when the time comes so RCL can quickly and easily make the changes required.

26 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Are you saying that the regular upgrade price might be less than the minimum RoyalUp bid?

Yes my RoyalUp offer to go from an OV balcony to a JS is $150 pp ($300)  The price dropped this past weekend and I upgraded myself for $180 total for 2 to a JS. So I will get the double points and got to pick the cabin

Now I wouldn't mind getting a well priced Royalup offer to go to a GS

Edited by molly361

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes my RoyalUp offer to go from an OV balcony to a JS is $150 pp ($300)  The price dropped this past weekend and I upgraded myself for $180 total for 2 to a JS

This is scary for people who have made bids.  Royal might be upgrading people who bid for a higher price than those who don't make bids.  Plus, those who go from a non-suite to a suite don't get extra points, but those who upgrade for the web price get extra points.  When someone makes a bid, they better be checking prices constantly.