Live from Nieuw Statendam Premier Voyage, December 2018

Vict0riann

3 minutes ago, scluvsrain said:

Snort is my buddy. He’s traveled all over the world with me for almost 10 years now. And he’s a perfect companion. Well mannered. Doesn’t “hog” the bed. Never leaves the seat up. 

I always fear airlines will lose my luggage, especially when I fly Delta. Because it’s happened before to me. So that’s one reason. The other is someone on my recent Alaska cruise did it and she inspired me. Finally, I’ve learned how well I can do with so little, especially for 2 weeks. . One color scheme. Mix and match. Free laundry. A clever suitcase. Rolling the clothes technique.....and....believe it or not, I managed to pack 5 pairs of shoes in my bag and I wear a size 10!!! And yes, I eat in the dining room and packed for formal nights too. 

I have a fuzzy duck that has traveled all over the world with me.  his name is duckie.  I need two suit cases and two carry ones for this trip.

It's always exciting to board to go on a cruise 🙂 

I know it's not fun for all of you but you will have a blast when you get there 😄 At least, I sure hope so.

Take good care of Snort Sherita and I must find out you pulled this off.

Sadly it would never work with DH.  One colour?  Never would happen 😉 

57 minutes ago, kazu said:

It's always exciting to board to go on a cruise 🙂 

I know it's not fun for all of you but you will have a blast when you get there 😄 At least, I sure hope so.

Take good care of Snort Sherita and I must find out you pulled this off.

Sadly it would never work with DH.  One colour?  Never would happen 😉 

I have multiple colors. But black is the grounding color. With a little lavender thrown in. 

16 minutes ago, scluvsrain said:

I have multiple colors. But black is the grounding color. With a little lavender thrown in. 

Lavender - awesome!

I have to learn frm you 😉. I'm very, very impressed.

3 hours ago, scluvsrain said:

Snort is my buddy. He’s traveled all over the world with me for almost 10 years now. And he’s a perfect companion. Well mannered. Doesn’t “hog” the bed. Never leaves the seat up. 

I always fear airlines will lose my luggage, especially when I fly Delta. Because it’s happened before to me. So that’s one reason. The other is someone on my recent Alaska cruise did it and she inspired me. Finally, I’ve learned how well I can do with so little, especially for 2 weeks. . One color scheme. Mix and match. Free laundry. A clever suitcase. Rolling the clothes technique.....and....believe it or not, I managed to pack 5 pairs of shoes in my bag and I wear a size 10!!! And yes, I eat in the dining room and packed for formal nights too. 

Get out!  I can’t imagine!  Did you follow YouTube video? Can you share your secret on how to pack all that in a carry on?

1 hour ago, trixiee said:

Get out!  I can’t imagine!  Did you follow YouTube video? Can you share your secret on how to pack all that in a carry on?

trickier, could you do a packing demo for us on one of our sea days?  We would love to learn.

14 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

We loved Concorde - but the Dreamliner was pretty good!  The movies were poor, and I didn’t sleep as the person behind me was tall and had her knees in my back, and she slept with her head on the tray table so that was sticking into my upper back, too.  I was fascinated with the “moving map” on the screen - very interesting format.

3C1923EB-BD03-42CB-8C28-8EE3E91716AA.jpeg

B16AC55C-F163-4546-B127-A213B00188EE.jpeg

24A40C25-D41D-44BE-A352-C7E80E35A577.jpeg

You seem to have the same kind of luck with people on planes as we do -- bad!!

Seat companions over the last 2 months:

* the Flat Earther

* The 9/11  and Moon landing conspiracy believer

* the Dirty smelly bare feet on my seat passenger

* the corpse. ( that was actually  one row behind me)

Believe me, I have seen it all. 😱

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

But we are here in Rome, it was a nice drive in, and we have a room overlooking the entrance to the American Embassy, so we can watch the security!

I wonder if you are staying at the same hotel I once used.  It was across from the American Embassy, on the Via Venato, I recall, easy access to the Spanish Steps and the Borghese Gallery.  At the time it was a member of the Boscolo family of hotels:  Grand Palace was its name, I think.  It truly was a "European" hotel (in a good sense) as compared to a Marriott, Hilton, etc.

We are staying at the Boutique Hotel Roma, on the Via Toscana, just around the corner from the Via Veneto.  It is not fancy, but comfortable, and our friends have stayed here a few times before.  

The plan for today is to take the Metro from Piazza Barberini to St. John Lateran, and walk back via the Baths of Diocletian, lunch, perhaps a nap and this evening Tony has arranged for us to attend a concert of opera in a private small venue.  

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I wonder if you are staying at the same hotel I once used.  It was across from the American Embassy, on the Via Venato, I recall, easy access to the Spanish Steps and the Borghese Gallery.  At the time it was a member of the Boscolo family of hotels:  Grand Palace was its name, I think.  It truly was a "European" hotel (in a good sense) as compared to a Marriott, Hilton, etc.

We did walk by the Grand yesterday evening.  The Via Veneto is getting lit up for Christmas and looking festive.  

8 hours ago, NCnurse said:

trickier, could you do a packing demo for us on one of our sea days?  We would love to learn.

So here is my packed suitcase. Right side with shoes, undies, workout clothes, bathing suit and nightgown. 

Left side is rolled garments, there are two layers. 4 pants/slacks. 9 casual and smart casual dinner tops. 2 formal tops. One small dinner purse, orange scarf, socks, leggings, black sweater, and hairbrush.

In my backpack are are my toiletries, makeup bag, clothespins, earplugs and earbuds, pens/pencils, 10 foldable plastic hangers (hate the ship hangers), charging cords, wallet, passport, iPad, Iphone, magazines, book, cruise folder, small daypack, crochet project and carry bag, and miscellaneous “stuff” that’s always in one’s backpack. 

00316461-88B6-4193-AF66-6BB64D7622D8.jpeg

073D2451-DDE5-4724-993C-A493DBD6662B.jpeg

88DE5605-037C-4CE8-B2A8-A52FE462A4E4.jpeg

Edited by scluvsrain
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Several of us have now arrived in Rome. The flight was pleasant enough,

good service and we got in about 45 minutes early. I’m staying at the airport Hilton so I’m all checked in early and settled in my room. I have the HAL transfer  from the airport tomorrow morning. 

Since I was just in Rome for about 10 days in October, I have no real desire to schlep into the city today. I’d rather rest up. 

Edited by scluvsrain

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

We are staying at the Boutique Hotel Roma, on the Via Toscana, just around the corner from the Via Veneto.  It is not fancy, but comfortable, and our friends have stayed here a few times before.  

The plan for today is to take the Metro from Piazza Barberini to St. John Lateran, and walk back via the Baths of Diocletian, lunch, perhaps a nap and this evening Tony has arranged for us to attend a concert of opera in a private small venue.  

We did walk by the Grand yesterday evening.  The Via Veneto is getting lit up for Christmas and looking festive.  

Sounds like a lovely day Ann!

A nap might be called for to help recover 😉