Live from Nieuw Statendam Premier Voyage, December 2018

Vict0riann

Following along with you Ann. We will be boarding in FLL, and will be our first time with HA, we are and have been NCL Haven clients for a long time, looking forward to a new and superior experience! 

Have a a great time. Fair winds and following seas to you. 

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

We are on our way!  Sitting at the airport much too early waiting for our flight to Toronto.  I didn’t sleep much, and leapt out of bed at 3:30.  I made myself a cup of instant coffee in the microwave, but in the airport coffee shop we  shared a muffin and had more coffee.  So I’m ready for a long day.  

Bon voyage to to all my fellow travellers.  :classic_biggrin:

Have very safe flights Ann.  I hope your connection goes well and you can steal some sleep on the plane.

Your adventure has begun 😄  Bon Voyage!

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

We are on our way!  Sitting at the airport much too early waiting for our flight to Toronto.  I didn’t sleep much, and leapt out of bed at 3:30.  I made myself a cup of instant coffee in the microwave, but in the airport coffee shop we  shared a muffin and had more coffee.  So I’m ready for a long day.  

Bon voyage to to all my fellow travellers.  :classic_biggrin:

We will be leaving London , Ont in a little while for our drive to Toronto . Somebody knew we had to leave today , temperatures spiked from a high of freezing to now a warm 11 degrees !  See you soon at the airport Ann and Pat ! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

We will be leaving London , Ont in a little while for our drive to Toronto . Somebody knew we had to leave today , temperatures spiked from a high of freezing to now a warm 11 degrees !  See you soon at the airport Ann and Pat ! :classic_biggrin:

Have a great flight Tony and a fabulous cruise 😄 

• Like 1

We are now in Toronto Airport waiting for something to eat.  Then I guess we will head for our gate in the international concourse.  

The flight was uneventful, which means good!  Hope the day continues the same.  We’ll be on the lookout for Tony and Martha!

Yes, Roy , a 787.  We have not been on one before.  Pat has a list of everything he’s flown on.  Our earlier flight was an A321.  

Victoria airport was decorated.  Here I’ve seen one lonely poinsettia!

victoria

91FA5333-2568-4FDD-8737-DC2C9EFE768E.thumb.jpeg.6eaa90239808ae794a6070b5fe257a72.jpeg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Yes, Roy , a 787.  We have not been on one before.  Pat has a list of everything he’s flown on.  Our earlier flight was an A321.  

victoria

91FA5333-2568-4FDD-8737-DC2C9EFE768E.thumb.jpeg.6eaa90239808ae794a6070b5fe257a72.jpeg

What a lovely Christmas scene.  We spent some time in the Victoria airport a few years ago waiting for the weather to clear so we could board our plane.  Victoria is such a beautiful place.

Will look forward to your reports now that the “shakedown” cruise is finished and the “paying customers” are aboard.  It’s been fun seeing the ship coming together through Captain Albert’s eyes as he has reported daily on his blog.  

Bon voyage to you, Sherita and the rest of the crew!

Ann

Lovely photo of the airport.  So much nicer that YVR, certainly in decorating!   We waved as you flew over Vancouver! 

Thanks for doing this live blog.  Enjoy every second of this great adventure!!

Edited by SilvertoGold

5 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

victoria

Beautiful.

We have been on all types of planes -- props -- the Concord, etc.

22 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Bear will be travelling along with us.  He resides with NCNurse and her DH.  He is competing with POA's Poohby to be the best-dressed bear on Cruise Critic!

1814CE4A-EF42-4F05-A45C-062D63D540EF.thumb.jpeg.be1d26006268a6465de923138ef9edf5.jpeg.ac341abea618dd8f30b1c382402c9f7a.jpeg

Very nice! Where'd you get the T-shirt? 

2 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

Just wondering what you love about it?  Business class?  

Have flown and business and premium economy on it,  bigger windows,  less jet lag due to different pressurization and Lighting.  Very comfortable.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Beautiful.

We have been on all types of planes -- props -- the Concord, etc.

We loved Concorde - but the Dreamliner was pretty good!  The movies were poor, and I didn’t sleep as the person behind me was tall and had her knees in my back, and she slept with her head on the tray table so that was sticking into my upper back, too.  I was fascinated with the “moving map” on the screen - very interesting format.

3C1923EB-BD03-42CB-8C28-8EE3E91716AA.jpeg

B16AC55C-F163-4546-B127-A213B00188EE.jpeg

24A40C25-D41D-44BE-A352-C7E80E35A577.jpeg

• Like 1