Cruise Critic Community
annabell08

Dining Reservations

Sailing on Breakaway, I tried to making dining reservations, but the only date available to select is the first day of the cruise.  Reservations opened today.  Any suggestions as to what the problem is.

If you have an NCL PCC call them, they can make them for you.  I would guess it’s a glitch.  Good luck and hope you have a great cruise 

58 minutes ago, annabell08 said:

Sailing on Breakaway, I tried to making dining reservations, but the only date available to select is the first day of the cruise.  Reservations opened today.  Any suggestions as to what the problem is.

I had the same problem for our Bliss cruise.  I called Customer Service, but they could only see the first two days of the cruise as well.  This is an on-going problem.  Apparently NCL needs a computer programmer

It's a problem on our upcoming Escape sailing next month ... it's NOT available to book at all on certain days, not even the 5:30 PM or 8:30 PM slots in the MDR.  If you have the "Norwegian" App installed, try logging into it and compare/see if you can book it.  

Agreed it's an I.T. issue, probably their "templates" need to be reset for specific dates being blacked out completely ... don't bother calling them on the weekends, call center agents are clueless on coming up with a resolution, reading off their scripts.  

1 hour ago, annabell08 said:

Just call the general reservations number and ask them to book your dining reservations.

On our Bliss cruise this summer, if you waited until the website was fixed, good dining times were sold out (because old fashion people just picked up the phone and talked to a human to book). 

We had a similar problem on the Jewel going from Yokohama to Seattle earlier this year,  Some days were missing and there was nothing before 8pm and often nothing for less than 4 people.

Phone and see if Miami Reservations can sort it out.  If it continues till you are on board see the Maitre d' or the F&B Manager.

23 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Just call the general reservations number and ask them to book your dining reservations.

On our Bliss cruise this summer, if you waited until the website was fixed, good dining times were sold out (because old fashion people just picked up the phone and talked to a human to book). 

Tried this route and the general reservations folks can't get passed the first two dates of our cruise either.  Apparently this is an ongoing issue with NCL and their IT department has little interest in fixing it.

Come on NCL.  Get your IT department straightened out once and for all.  This has gone past the point of ridiculous.  I wish it was only this one issue.

Edited by tarps14

I am on the Bliss Panama Canal this upcoming March in the Haven and even the Pre-concierge couldn't get past the first 2 days either. When I called they said they couldnt do anything either. This is kind of ridiculous.

We are on an 11 day Breakaway in January and I was able to make dining reservations for the MDR’s for 4 for 9 of my 11 days and Speciality Resturants for 4 on our other 2 days when it became available to make reservations

It appears to be an ongoing issue on the Bliss (going by comments on other threads).

Mancanudo23, we are also on the Panama Canal cruise the end of March.  When I spoke with the general res rep this am, she stated that they will notify the IT dept tomorrow morning and the issue should be resolved by 1p (yeah, okay 🙄).  

Well shut my mouth.  They did actually fix the reservation issue this morning (for the most part).  Three dates are still missing from the drop-down menu but I was able to book all that we wanted.  Well done, NCL.

On Breakaway this year we had the same thing.  Days opened up gradually and we had to check every day for a few weeks until all the days opened up.