Emerald C752

actnwrks

1 minute ago, actnwrks said:

We just booked C752 on the Emerald for our first Mediterranean cruise. We are looking for reviews from people that have stayed in this cabin. 

Thank you

We have sailed in this cabin and its opposite counterpart several times.

Coveted cabin, great balcony with aft and side views, quiet dead end passageway. 

Better grab it and mark it "no upgrade"!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, john_galt said:

I agree with Colo Cruiser. Have it marked as no upgrade. Once you've sailed in an aft room, you won't ever choose anything else again. 

Can't agree with that.  We don't like aft-facing cabins on Princess.  Way too much movement and ship noise.  We've had plenty of them on many different cruise lines and the Princess ships are totally different than all the others we've had as far as noise and movement. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2018 at 11:01 PM, actnwrks said:

We just booked C752 on the Emerald for our first Mediterranean cruise. We are looking for reviews from people that have stayed in this cabin. 

Thank you

There is a review on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iJDFCtotsFNUvSNFzZ3LXomW95WX7R0svO7JhGRBvpo/edit?pli=1#gid=530283129 for C750 which might be helpful.  There are also reviews of C753 on the Golden Princess and Ruby Princess and C750 on the Golden Princess.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:01 PM, actnwrks said:

Thank you

We have sailed in this cabin, great location and balcony - we loved it. Have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

We lucked out and were able to secure this cabin on the Crown this last May in the Med. 

We loved the corner view and did not experience any noticeable noise or vibration. In fact, we’re about to leave for a Canal cruise on the CB and have an aft balcony on Baja, though not a corner cabin. This was the result of an upsell from an inside. We’re thrilled! 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 11:44 PM, john_galt said:

I agree with Colo Cruiser. Have it marked as no upgrade. Once you've sailed in an aft room, you won't ever choose anything else again. 

Ill disagree I’m afraid.  Have sailed an aft balcony full suite once by choice and once from an up sell. NEVER again.  

`

23 hours ago, kenexx said:

Ill disagree I’m afraid.  Have sailed an aft balcony full suite once by choice and once from an up sell. NEVER again.  

Kenexx,

Thank you.  Can you share why you will never again get an aft balcony?

Ditto Colo!  In our opinion these cabins should be avoided by others at all costs -- so we can have them!

The differences: 1) issues with ship movement, shudder, prop vibration, etc.  2) it is at the way ass end and it is a trip to the venues.  Some care, some don't.  We don't and love aft cabins, up to 28 days and wouldn't hesitate to go longer.  Just off Star with Cap't Tuvo who seems to know how to dock with minimal vibrations, wow!  The wake view and lack of wind far outweigh movement - we know we're on a ship and it's going to move.  DW says it rocks her to sleep!

23 hours ago, actnwrks said:

`

Kenexx,

Thank you.  Can you share why you will never again get an aft balcony?

I just find them very uncomfortable.  I never get sick but the constant vibration I don’t find particularly relaxing.   I have had to get maintenance at 0300 on the Diamond sailing down the Queensland Coast as it sounded like the glass light fitting over the bed was going to fall out due to the vibration.  They put it down to the fact the water we were in was so shallow that caused the excessive vibration.   I also prefer to be able to look over the balcony and see what’s coming up.   Just as well there are cabin locations for everyone’s preference.  

On 12/5/2018 at 1:37 AM, Ferd Berfle said:

Ditto Colo!  In our opinion these cabins should be avoided by others at all costs -- so we can have them!

The differences: 1) issues with ship movement, shudder, prop vibration, etc.  2) it is at the way ass end and it is a trip to the venues.  Some care, some don't.  We don't and love aft cabins, up to 28 days and wouldn't hesitate to go longer.  Just off Star with Cap't Tuvo who seems to know how to dock with minimal vibrations, wow!  The wake view and lack of wind far outweigh movement - we know we're on a ship and it's going to move.  DW says it rocks her to sleep!

My small two cents worth to your post: we were fortunate to experience Capt. Tuvo last June on the Coral.  Admired his approach and seemed his crew morale higher than other ships we’ve been on. Also, your wife is right, I have some blissful nights sleep while on a cruise.