El Arco de Cabo San Lucas

dobiemom

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2018 at 8:08 AM, dobiemom said:

A friend just got back from Cabo and said the arch is gone/had collapsed. Is she pulling my leg? I can't find anything on the internet and I would think it would be big news. 

We also wondered what happened to the arches when our ship was there in early December.    We had always clearly seen them but not this time-not sure if angle of ship or what.  I agree it would be big news if they were destroyed but it was certainly not clear this time like last. 

On 12/18/2018 at 9:24 PM, canadianbear said:

We also wondered what happened to the arches when our ship was there in early December.    We had always clearly seen them but not this time-not sure if angle of ship or what.  I agree it would be big news if they were destroyed but it was certainly not clear this time like last. 

It was the angle of the ship.  If you were coming from the north, you would have seen it when you sailed in, if you were coming from the south, you would see it when you head north.

I live part time in Cabo, I saw it on the way home from Costco on the 4 lane road.  The last direct hit from a hurricane was 2014.  It withstood some pretty awesome wave action in that hurricane.  There have been a couple of tropical storms since then, but the arch is alive and well.

2 hours ago, CWcruisers said:

It was the angle of the ship.  If you were coming from the north, you would have seen it when you sailed in, if you were coming from the south, you would see it when you head north.

I live part time in Cabo, I saw it on the way home from Costco on the 4 lane road.  The last direct hit from a hurricane was 2014.  It withstood some pretty awesome wave action in that hurricane.  There have been a couple of tropical storms since then, but the arch is alive and well.

I’m so glad to hear it’s still there!  We left in the dark so didn’t see it and was disappointed when arriving as we’ve always seen it before-just means we have to go back!