Is Capt Kate Coming?

garyl62

On 1/4/2019 at 3:38 PM, C-Dragons said:

That's top secret. 😎

On all the ships pre-edge, it is located directly under the bridge. Laid out like a RS except no balcony.With the Edge, no idea if same or different

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2019 at 8:03 PM, johhnnyt said:

On all the ships pre-edge, it is located directly under the bridge. Laid out like a RS except no balcony.With the Edge, no idea if same or different

I did the Behind the Scenes tour last week and asked about the captain's cabin. It's on deck 11 right outside the bridge, starboard side (I was told it's always on that side). Looking out the side of the bridge, it appears that he has two Infinite Verandahs and a regular verandah.

BTW to answer the main question in this thread, Captain Kate is joining the ship in August. I got this from Captain Costas himself. The schedule makes sense, since Captain Kafetzis started this week, so his 3 months will be up in May (at which point he goes to Apex construction), then Captain Costas will return, and Captain Kate arrives 3 months later in August. Figure she leaves at the beginning of November.

On 1/4/2019 at 2:15 PM, ipeeinthepool said:

The Captain gets the balcony cabin immediately behind the bridge on the Oasis Class ships.  Edge deck plans show Suites without the IV balcony but it stops short of the bridge.  If you look at photographs, you'll see 2 IV balconies between the suit and the bridge.  Maybe they're cabins for the officers or perhaps they are part of the bridge.  Maybe someone that has been on an Edge bridge tour can help.  

He definitely has an IV (I asked him) but I think he has a regular balcony as well. I will admit I haven't studied the deck plan carefully to make sure that regular balcony isn't a passenger cabin but there was a fair amount of space after walking into the crew area at the front of deck 11.