Changing reservation issues

Mark O

We are Diamond members and booked a non-refundable balcony reservation for the Radiance 6/14/19 Vancouver to Alaska 7-day sailing with post cruise tour 1A (3 additional nights) while aboard the Serenade in December 2017.  Turns out we have to switch to the 5/31 sailing - also with cruise tour 1A.  We know we will have to be penalized $100 each for changing the non-refundable reservation. As part of our initial booking we received:

CAS No Ref Dep of $326 - (I think this was the $325 (or $326 in this case) discount for Diamond members booking a balcony cabin more than six months in advance.)

Onboard credits of $300 as follows:  (1) An onboard credit of $200 applied to guest 1 and (2) an onboard credit of $50 each – not sure what these were for.

Questions: 

(1)    Should we cancel the original reservation and make a brand new reservation or simply adjust the existing reservation?

(2)    Either way, would we retain one or more of the onboard credits?

(3)    Was the future cruise rep who booked this correct in applying $325 for a 10 -night sailing plus cruise tour or should I only have gotten the Diamond balcony discount for a 7-night sailing?

(4)    And finally, since we are going to be on board Serenade (yes, again) in a week, would it be advantageous to make the change when we are onboard rather than through reservations, and why?

Thanks so much.

6 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

you will lose $100 of the OBC as RCI no longer gives $100 obc for booking a non-refundable more than 6 months out.

Steve, don't you think that the extra $100 OBC might be grandfathered in because the booking was made before they changed the rules?

29 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Steve, don't you think that the extra $100 OBC might be grandfathered in because the booking was made before they changed the rules?

Any changes to the reservation other than just a straight cabin switch in the same category would result in the loss of the $100OBC.

4. Will this change impact existing reservations confirmed under a non-refundable deposit fare?
Unless a change occurs to an existing reservation that forces a reprice to the booking, no impact will be seen to existing reservations. The amendments that lead to a reprice include, but aren't limited to, amending the ship, sailing, or category of an existing reservation, as well as converting to a different fare or promotional offer. Should a reprice occur on-or- after November 1st, 2018, the onboard credit will no longer apply.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/LTYA_News/17056800_Nonrefundable_FAQ_News.pdf

40 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

No,  I have had reservations changed and the folks lost that extra 100

Just now, Mark O said:

Thank you all.  Of course, every call I make I get different answers.  What benefit might there be to booking on board next week vs amending the reservation?

None that I can think of.  The OBC from booking the present reservation on board and the amount you will lose by changing it will be the same as the OBC you will get from booking a new reservation on board.

So do you agree that if whoever is handling the revision refuses to keep the $200 OBC then i should probably rebook on board next week? Of course there's always the risk of price changes between now and then.

30 minutes ago, Mark O said:

So do you agree that if whoever is handling the revision refuses to keep the $200 OBC then i should probably rebook on board next week? Of course there's always the risk of price changes between now and then.

With regard to OBC from booking on board, I don't think it matters.  You're going to lose the $100 from booking non-refundable 6 months in advance no matter which way you do it.