Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
alibabacruisers

Cunard Site Down?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

All OK on the UK VP this morning.

 

All OK for me on the US VP this morning as well after having the same problem AussieVoyager reported last evening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi - I'm a first time cruiser and am quite worried as I have booked trip on the Cunard departing from Australia in early 2019 (Paid in full) - However that cruise has completely disappeared from the Cunard webpage. Cruises with previous ports that connect to to my cruise and those preceding are all still showing? - Also external websites state my cruise is no longer available, though ironically I can still log onto "my personal voyager" on the Cunard webpage.

 

Any advice / suggestions would be geatly appreciated.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the quick response. Other cruises that are "sold out" are still displaying.

 

Just logged in again and my cruise is now showing - however when I click to make a booking (as a test across two different classes) the website states "the selected cruise is no longer available"?

 

Any other insite would be appreciated.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, LJG123 said:

Thanks  - details as follows - Q904C - departing 8 Feb 2019

 

Voyage Q904C does show up as "Sold Out" on Cunard's US web site when I select the filter to view "Sold out cruises" in the cruise search results. Sold out voyages are not normally displayed in the Cunard US website search results unless that filter is selected.

Edited by bluemarble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LJG123 said:

Thanks for the quick response. Other cruises that are "sold out" are still displaying.

 

Just logged in again and my cruise is now showing - however when I click to make a booking (as a test across two different classes) the website states "the selected cruise is no longer available"?

 

Any other insite would be appreciated.

 

Thanks

 

I'm getting similar results to what you have reported here on the Cunard Australia site. My opinion is that the voyage is probably sold out but the Cunard Australia site doesn't seem to realize it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning. A google search for the voyage number does bring it up on the Cunard Australia website and shows there are still a couple of cabin grades available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Good morning. A google search for the voyage number does bring it up on the Cunard Australia website and shows there are still a couple of cabin grades available.

 

I didn't try searching by cruise number, but I also saw availability for a couple cabin grades on that voyage doing a standard search on the Cunard Australia website about 9 hours ago.  But when I actually tried to start a booking, I got the same error as LGJ123 reported: "the selected cruise is no longer available".

 

When I attempted to search by cruise number for Q904C a few minutes ago on the Cunard Australia site, I got "Q904C is no longer available on this website". And when I did a standard search and requested to view "sold out cruises", I am now seeing voyage Q904C being listed on Cunard Australia as "Sold out".

 

Perhaps Cunard Australia has now caught up with that voyage being sold out. Here is a screen shot of my latest "Sold out" search results using a standard search. Note I used the specific filters shown here so that Q904C was the only voyage returned in the results in order to have it all fit within one screen shot. Other filters (by date and/or ship) should now also show the voyage is sold out.

 

Cunard Australia Standard Search.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks again for all your input - My experience was the same as listed above when interacting with the Cunard site and via google seraches (showing cabins still available).

 

I have subseqently rung the Cunard help line and have been assured that my booking is fine and the cruise is sold out. However, as I didn't book through a travel agent I feel a little insecure. Small details like which port the ship will embark from and arrival/ departure times from each port are all omitted from my e-ticket but have being emailed to me separately at my request.

 

Many thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Website issue?

Trying to look up cruises from Thailand (I am IN Thailand, not a cruise leaving from Thailand), I get no results whatsoever. No cruises found. None . I. All of 2019.

Tried via VPN and Cuard AU/UK. Same thing. But online retailers seem to sell plenty of cruises, even some of the travel industry only websites have Cunard deals available. 

What's going on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

36 minutes ago, buchhalm said:

Website issue?

Trying to look up cruises from Thailand (I am IN Thailand, not a cruise leaving from Thailand), I get no results whatsoever. No cruises found. None . I. All of 2019.

Tried via VPN and Cuard AU/UK. Same thing. But online retailers seem to sell plenty of cruises, even some of the travel industry only websites have Cunard deals available. 

What's going on?

 

I'm in the US, but I just did a VPN connection to the UK and I am able to search for cruises on Cunard's UK site (cunard.co.uk) without any problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

This is slighly off topic but I just logged on to the Cunnard site to find my room has been changed.  (and not at my request). This is worrying as I fly out to board the ship in about 8 hours and can't ring Cunard as its out of hours (12:30am in Australia).

Is this normal? I am booked on the Queen Elizabeth and was previously in a room of my choice on deck 6 in a "Princess Grill room mid ship". However I have now been rellocated to level 5 in a Queensgrill suits located at the stern of the ship. The room is definetly bigger and better, however I was told that midship was best as you are unlikely to get seasick?

 

Not sure what to think. Any thoughts advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You seem to have been visited by the “upgrade fairy”. How lucky you are! Do not worry about being at the stern and have a wonderful cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds like a wonderful upgrade, I hope you enjoy it. Unless you specified that you didn't want to be upgraded, there is always the possibility of being moved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LJG123 said:

Hi,

This is slighly off topic but I just logged on to the Cunnard site to find my room has been changed.  (and not at my request). This is worrying as I fly out to board the ship in about 8 hours and can't ring Cunard as its out of hours (12:30am in Australia).

Is this normal? I am booked on the Queen Elizabeth and was previously in a room of my choice on deck 6 in a "Princess Grill room mid ship". However I have now been rellocated to level 5 in a Queensgrill suits located at the stern of the ship. The room is definetly bigger and better, however I was told that midship was best as you are unlikely to get seasick?

 

Not sure what to think. Any thoughts advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

How wonderful for you! You should have a cabin with the wrap-around balcony (you can enjoy the view from the rear or side of the ship). And you'll have a butler and meals in Queen's Grill dining room. Have fun!

Edited by LittleFish1976

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...