Just returned from Getaway...my only gripe? VIBE!!!

pugsammy

Book a suite. No need to race.

If passes could be booked in advance, suite guests would probably get a 10 day head start just like with dinner reservations.

People (AFAIK) aren't willing to race for Spa access so VIBE access wouldn't be as easy to book online if both were done in the same way.

The "running of the VIBEs" is fun to watch. :classic_tongue:

Not as much fun a "pier runners" but still fun.

Haven guests shouldn’t be allowed to buy Vibe passes as they have their own private sun deck with bar service. The argument was always well Vibe is adults only and the Haven is not. That’s all changed now so the argument holds no water. We boarded with Platinum last Saturday on the Bliss and were too late to buy passes. There were only about 20 people in line so a I assume the other 40 passes went to Haven passengers.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

Haven guests shouldn’t be allowed to buy Vibe passes as they have their own private sun deck with bar service.

The Haven sundeck and the Haven bar are on different decks. Sometimes, 2 decks apart. A better idea would be for Haven guests to have built-in access to VIBE (only a wall separates the areas) which would free up more VIBE passes for others. 

15 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

The argument was always well Vibe is adults only and the Haven is not. That’s all changed now so the argument holds no water.

The Haven sundecks which are 16 and older don't offer the same experience as VIBE which is 18 and older. 

33 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

We boarded with Platinum last Saturday on the Bliss and were too late to buy passes. There were only about 20 people in line so a I assume the other 40 passes went to Haven passengers.

Even if Haven guests didn't get any passes, there would still be some with priority boarding who may not get passes. Those without priority would still run for the remaining passes. Nothing would really change. 

2 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Haven guests shouldn’t be allowed to buy Vibe passes as they have their own private sun deck with bar service. The argument was always well Vibe is adults only and the Haven is not. That’s all changed now so the argument holds no water. We boarded with Platinum last Saturday on the Bliss and were too late to buy passes. There were only about 20 people in line so a I assume the other 40 passes went to Haven passengers.

Sorry you didn’t get a pass. I see no basis for your assertion that 40 passes went to Haven guests. Unsubstantiated speculation. Did ya ask why they were out of passes. Just as likely B2B passengers grabbed them. Any passenger on the ship can purchase any service. 

My DD and I will sprint to get the passes and hope we get them. I have a year to practice my sprint and let's just say I am close to 70 😁 . I agree it would be easier if they were an option to purchase pre-cruise. We sure would do that but then someone would be upset if they all sold out before they got online. 

5 hours ago, pugsammy said:

I just want to rant!  Don't get me wrong....I love the VIBE experience....I HATE having to race for it.  I just find it very demeaning.  

I'd like to know why this can't be booked with your cruise.

Ahhh...the Vibe Pass procedures continues.  I had Boarding 1 Group.  I refuse(d) to "run".  My choice, although my odds probably would have been pretty good at scoring a pass.  I just have a problem how this is conducted in a freakishly crazy way.  Therefore, I did not even attempt.  Yes, it is demeaning.  I went to the Atrium Bar instead 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They just need to make the place bigger. They sell only a small % of the number of spa passes that they sell, maybe because people who end up with vibe passes stay there all day. I prefer the spa. I don't find the vibe very attractive because there is no pool there.

4 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Or special assistance group.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I find it amazing NCL have not correctly priced this product, demand clearly proves it is underpriced, from history NCL grab every penny they can.

It's a premium product but being offered too cheaply.

I find it amazing that you would suggest NCL should charge more money for an item. They don't need any encouragement in this department 😉. Offering passes on line at a certain number of days ahead of time would be a great idea. 

• Like 1

Getting a first shot at Vibe passes is effectively a Haven perk.  I can’t imagine NCL removing/reducing a Haven perk.  Online purchase with a head start for Haven guests doesn’t remedy that problem because not all Haven guests book cruises that far out (I.e., before final payment date).  Also, purchasing in advance means you can’t purchase with OBC. 

I think this has been suggested before but why not have a bidding process to secure passes. The highest 60 bids would win a pass. The bidding would be open to everyone, regardless of latitude status or what cabin category they booked. People bid on cabins, why not on Vibe passes?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

The highest 60 bids would win a pass.

It has been suggested before but the thought process is that someone spending $10K+ on a suite won't "feel" the extra cost of a bid as much as someone spending much less on a non-suite. Percentage-wise, someone in an interior or oceanview is unlikely to add another chunk to their total in order to bid on a VIBE pass.

It also turns into "...they have so much, why not let others have a piece...?" when the idea of suite guests outbidding everyone else comes up. 

50 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

People bid on cabins, why not on Vibe passes?

It's a little different because people also have the option to book directly what they want for a stateroom. In the "bid for VIBE" scenario, there is no option to buy a VIBE pass directly. Even if some were sold in advance and the rest went up for bid, the same problems with bidding will arise. 

11 hours ago, pugsammy said:

I just want to rant!  Don't get me wrong....I love the VIBE experience....I HATE having to race for it.  I just find it very demeaning.  

I'd like to know why this can't be booked with your cruise.

Because if they did, the passes  would sell out so fast that people would complain about them being sold that way.   Truthfully the Vibe is more hype than anything else.  They just need to raise the price high enough that demand just barely reaches supply.  Equilibrium is great!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DZcreature said:

I find it amazing that you would suggest NCL should charge more money for an item. They don't need any encouragement in this department 😉. Offering passes on line at a certain number of days ahead of time would be a great idea. 

Actually raising the price is the best solution.  It will drive down the competition better than anything else.  In fact the best pricing model for any commodity is one where supply/demand equilibrium is achieved.  Nothing at all amazing about it even slightly.  Very basic economics.

• Like 1