Cruise Critic Community
MrmrsSteelman

2 questions from a new cruiser...

Which of the plastic tags does NCL use for the luggage tags and if you were to leave an emergency number with family to reach you when on the cruise, where would I find it? Thanks!

Not really necessary to bother with plastic tags for the NCL luggage tag. Don't put it on before you fly...just put it on the morning you embark. You can staple it around the handle or use shipping tape. It's only needed to get your bags to your cabin on embarkation day. If you loose the tags the porters at the pier can tag your bags based on your cruise docs. 

Phone calls: Each ship has a specific telephone number. It will be listed in your cruise docs. You can give that number, along with your cabin number, to your family as an emergency number. Calls to the number will be routed to your cabin phone, and go to voice mail on that phone if you do not answer.

I bought these before my most recent cruise and gave some to my parents, since they were joining us for their first cruise. They worked great for all of us. I think the steel cable ties seemed very durable, so we had no worries about the tags getting ripped off the bags.

http://a.co/d/g252Tfe

We bring the NCL luggage tags in my backpack and they staple them to our bags during embarkation.

We also purchased the Amazon tags and they have held up on quite a few cruises. In fact, planning to use them once again on our upcoming cruise. We never put the tags on until we are on route to the port. Enjoy your cruise!