Best Option for Scenic Tour, Beach/Snorkel stop and Maho Beach

amy2313

Hi Everyone,

I emailed a couple tour companies (Jo Junie, Bernards) to get prices and tour options for our time in port on Dec. 26.  We wanted to do a little sightseeing of the island as it has been many years since our last trip/cruise to St. Martin, snorkel time, a stop in Marigot for some shopping (aka bakery tastings), and Maho Beach.  The couple tour companies that got back to me quoted priced of $300-350 for 3 people.  I thought this was a bit extreme.

Could someone recommend another tour company or would it be less expensive to book a cab once we arrived to do those stops?

Thanks for any help you can provide!!

• 2 weeks later...

Did Bernards quote you that much?  Their most expensive (not private) tour including an Orient beach sto , Margot for shopping, Maho to see the planes, and the stop to see the iguanas, is $45. 

They do private tours, but that will cost you dearly.  But.. you can also check the roll call for your cruise and see if anyone whats to share the cost with you.  If you get 6-8 people the price is quite reasonable.

We are thinking of doing the Full island tour (again) when we are there in several weeks.

Edited by Valiamo

• 3 weeks later...

We did Bernards Tour a few years ago and it was great, and very reasonable.   We are heading back there again in March and will be looking to do a different tour with him again, possibly looking at a full island tour.

• 1 month later...

I mean no way I would book a private tour with Bernards for that premium . . . .the itinerary lays out your wishes perfectly and honestly you likely will only be with a few more people.  

Think it would be a big waste of money