Going "Live" - Seaside 08-22Dec,2018

marcoigna

On 12/6/2018 at 7:43 AM, marcoigna said:

good day all;

Going to try to attempt a live review of the Seaside for a B2B sailing 08th to 22nd of December.

A little background - we are very well seasoned travelers and cruisers - in fact this will be our 3rd and 4th week aboard the Seaside this year (last being a B2B 24Feb-10Mar, 2018)

On this sailing we will be doing the exact same cabin - Yacht Club Royal Suite 16024, that we booked over 19 months ago when these sailings first became available to book.

We are currently in the Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge in Toronto awaiting to board our 767 service to Fort Lauderdale.   We are very fortunate to have friends picking us up at the airport today as well as taking us to the ship on Saturday.  

When we board on Saturday, we are arranging a sail-away party in our suite for other YC Cruise Critics friends we have met along the way - it has been a very active thread.  

I will try to post some pics and make posts every few days -  i have bought the 2 device 3gb data plan for the ship - so we will see how that goes.

We also purchased the Fun Pass, 2 laundry packages, pre-paid gratuities, prepaid cut/colour and also 1 additional hair cut as they did an amazing job on our last cruise.  

It will be fun to see if any changes have been made, that being said - our last cruise on the Seaside was near perfection.

For now, looking forward to a pleasant flight.....

Bags.JPG

Looking forward to your review!  We are in that cabin in March 🙂

2 hours ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

I just know this review will be fn considering the drink pictures. I love martinis not sweet ones. Jalapeno or Lemon Drop. Have one of each for me!  

Same!  Lemon Drop Martini's are my go-to vacation drink.  I've not yet tried a Jalapeno one yet, but sounds interesting.  🙂

hi all - just a quick chime in to note some differences from our February Cruise:

- the Yacht club tent to check in at the pier has been moved to curbside, so much more accessible especially with luggage.

-yes there is a charge for ZipLine

-yes there is a charge for Venchi

-our royal suite cabana now comes with full amenities once per week

-the maitre'd offered to us to experience dinner on our balcony and said he would make it truly special - plan on doing this 1 night next week

-went to gym this morning and was extremely hot and humid. - didn't seem like any air conditioning at all.

it is still a great experience.

will 100% chime in again.

ciao for now

15 hours ago, marcoigna said:

hi all - just a quick chime in to note some differences from our February Cruise:

- the Yacht club tent to check in at the pier has been moved to curbside, so much more accessible especially with luggage.

-yes there is a charge for ZipLine

-yes there is a charge for Venchi

-our royal suite cabana now comes with full amenities once per week

-the maitre'd offered to us to experience dinner on our balcony and said he would make it truly special - plan on doing this 1 night next week

-went to gym this morning and was extremely hot and humid. - didn't seem like any air conditioning at all.

it is still a great experience.

will 100% chime in again.

ciao for now

Hi, Marco:  Glad you guys are having a great time! Can you see if you can do your magic and get Hendricks back to free status like it was last March?  I know you like Hendricks!  Thanks!

2 hours ago, floridian1 said:

I'm confused...coffeegoddess is doing a live report too and it looks like venchi drinks are included for her.

Confused as well.  And the YC bartender tried to sell her the Premium Plus package. 

My husband drinks Hendricks, and thought he'd be able to (without an upcharge) when we sail next month.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JAGR said:

Hi, Marco:  Glad you guys are having a great time! Can you see if you can do your magic and get Hendricks back to free status like it was last March?  I know you like Hendricks!  Thanks!

Done!!!!   Well that didnt change.  Have been drinking hendricks. So all is good

8 hours ago, jules815 said:

Confused as well.  And the YC bartender tried to sell her the Premium Plus package. 

My husband drinks Hendricks, and thought he'd be able to (without an upcharge) when we sail next month.  

Cripes, I forgot I'd check on that.  I'll do it right after I finsh my current cocktail.

Enjoying your review. Thank you.

Last year when we sailed my mom and I had Arthur for our waiter and know that you did too. Arthur made our meals special and I have never remembered a waiter’s name on any cruise I have taken, with the exception of Arthur. 

Is there a waiter you have now that you are very happy with and will request again foe your next cruise next week?

Thank you and enjoy your cruise.