6 December 2018 Thursday Weigh-in

Shellbelle28

I guess I'm first this week, so I'll report in and get the thread started. 

I'm up a pound. 

I knew some of my loss last week was coming back since it came from dehydration from a stomach bug. I feel like 1 pound up is a win considering all the eating out I had, plus some stress/emotional eating. 

And tonight I'm up against a dose of kryptonite! I'm the event organizer for my work and I'm putting on a Christmas party for the company kids and their parents. It's a pizza party and is going to be tough because damn I Iove pizza. And being run off my feet means I'll be inclined to eat without caution. 

My December goal is to minimize gains and be sure indulgences are for really good food and drink, not junk. 

Edited by Shellbelle28
  • Like 1

Shellbelle - thanks for starting the thread ... and I feel your pain ... A nice loss always means the next week will be interesting.  I too love pizza ... good goal for the month to try to minimize!

Have I ever mentioned that I love food, I love its taste and the ritual of having good people to be with for this "event".  We went to the coast (by Bar Harbor) for the weekend (I had a board meeting) ... we ate out Friday and Saturday nights ... I tried to be good, but the food and drinks were calling my name.

I am up 0.2# ... could have been worse, but I'm not surprised ... I too will be looking at trying to make sure the "damage" is at a minimum during this holiday time.

One the plus side, I did a lot of Christmas shopping over the weekend .. Hope everyone else had a good week.    Jan 

• Like 2

Thanks for starting the thread, Shelbelle 🙂 

I'm down .2# (sorry that it found you Jan ).  Another rough week ahead food wise with celebrations, but trying to get extra activity in where I can to balance it out.

Hope everyone has a great week.  Happy Hanukkah to any who observe 🇮🇱 (I can't believe with all the different emoji's we have now there wasn't a menorah - or even a single candle).

• Like 1

Shellbelle, thanks for the thread.

Count me in for the gainers. I'm up 1lb. Me too in the too much eating out category.

Shellbelle and Jan, sorry you gained but we all didn't do too bad, it's minimal. 

Pacruise, you lost, small but at least a loss. 

Have a good week. 

Diana

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi gang, Im back down 1.4#. Hitting a plateau now where its a battle and small increments is all it will be... I am getting comments that I look slimmer and that's nice.. It makes the efforts worth it. The gym has a bonus of free tanning so I'm taking advantage of small doses so I don't fry on the ship...

• Like 2

Dave, good loss. 

Our group was talking about lettuce last week and the fact that we can't eat romaine anymore. I don't know about other areas of the country but in No. Cal we have come across another problem.......there isn't any lettuce to buy!

We went to a couple of grocery stores that normally have too much lettuce, now we go in and there is nothing. Everyone buys all the other lettuce. The other day at least we got a bag of spinach. 

We have planting beds in our yard so I'm going to plant some lettuce seeds today. 

I thin Belle said she is back this weekend. Will be nice to have her back. 

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Diana

HI all!

Put me in with the gainers, I'm up 0.6 which is disappointing as I thought by cutting out eating between meals I'd be down. OTOH I did have a turkey dinner & other meals out. Guess I should get back to doing some exercise.

On a more cheerful note I see some of us have NCL cruises in our signatures, to look forward to. I just booked the Epic again (5th time) for Feb. 2020 & will be on Pearl in April '19 then Jade in Oct '19.

Have a nice weekend & fingers crossed for better results next Thursday.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Eating was out of control for another week-every Sunday I get a new burst of motivation, and by Tuesday I'm crashing and burning. 

It's pics like these that also help kick bt a&& back on track. (Christmas symphony date last night - awesome!) 

Spent the morning throwing out the remnants of bad choices, went shopping, did some chores, and climbed back onto the horse (I can hear it squeal in protest.). 

Still getting 4-5 gym trips in per week and that's feeling good. Now that I have about 10+ different seasoning rubs for the smoker, going to try them all on skinless chicken breasts, along with the salads. 

Picked up a prime 13lb brisket for Christmas - looking forward to an 18 hour smoke and feeding the family well. But until then I'm picking up the fight again. 

Have a great week everyone. 

20181209_055952-COLLAGE.jpg

• Like 2

Jo, small gain. We are not doing bad though. People gain so much over the holidays. So far we're all at minimal numbers.

Shootr, glad you posted. Aw, cute pics. Re: weight loss. As we say it's a journey. We fall off the horse (and we all do), we have to get back on. Going to the gym is great. 

Have a nice evening everyone. 

Diana

• Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 10:57 AM, winewanderer said:

Dave, good loss. 

Our group was talking about lettuce last week and the fact that we can't eat romaine anymore. I don't know about other areas of the country but in No. Cal we have come across another problem.......there isn't any lettuce to buy!

We went to a couple of grocery stores that normally have too much lettuce, now we go in and there is nothing. Everyone buys all the other lettuce. The other day at least we got a bag of spinach. 

We have planting beds in our yard so I'm going to plant some lettuce seeds today. 

I thin Belle said she is back this weekend. Will be nice to have her back. 

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Diana

Diana, how awesome to be able to plant in December!  We are in the 20's in my neck of the woods, so no lettuce planting going on here 😉 

I'm seeing a similar situation with lettuce, but at least that means more of us are making healthier choices.  I did notice our Sam's Club having romaine back.

Had a heavy eating weekend: subs Friday after shopping with daughter, pancake breakfast Saturday to support local boy scouts and left over rice krispy treats from son's activity, lots of cookies and other treats last night after caroling to some home bound members of our church.

I did have a few wins too: the breakfast was all-you-can-eat but I only had the one plate and opted for tea instead of sugar filled hot chocolate, didn't eat my own cookies or saltine candy (Christmas crack) at the post-caroling party and brought veggies for our finger food, stuck to 2 pieces of pizza even though there was lots of extra and the hosts were trying to get rid of it.  Progress, not perfection 🙂 

Pacruise, sounds like you did well keeping things under control. It's so hard when there is so much food around.

We went to a market yesterday. They actually had lettuce.....for $3 a bunch. Yikes. Normally here we pay $1 for a bunch of whatever lettuce we get. 

We planted seeds but don't expect anything for a while. It's too cold at night and we have hard freezes. 

Stay strong folks.

Diana

• Like 1